Game Day *** Cowboys vs Giants post game thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think Dak proved two things today. One, he's more than capable of being a high volume passer. Two, he's by FAR at his best when on the move.

He hasn't always been accurate on the move this season. This was by far his best game this year throwing on the move. I'd have to go back and look, but it's possible that he was doing better at getting squared up before throwing. He played a really good game without much of a running game.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Eli 0-4 on last drive (doofus)

Yes, and other than Brown's play to end it, he didn't make good passes. He had the tight end, although pressure might have messed him up on that one. The back-shoulder throw wasn't close. And he just threw away that first pass.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Amari had an off day today.

There were a couple of missed opportunities for it to have been a big day, possibly two very lengthy TD throws that Dak missed (one because of pressure, one just a bad throw).

But he did have a couple of drops and the fumble ... that's on him.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Most entertaining “meaningless” game you’re likely see!

Meaningless in some ways perhaps, but I think it's well worthwhile that we fly into the playoffs on the wings of a WIN, rather than
limping into the playoffs on an embarrassing loss. We've been there before and it didn't work very well.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Schultz is showing signs as well..Rico is definitely gone.. Swaim might still get shot..this game give Dak confidence to go to his TEs now no matter what..i though this was a meaningless game but this game was all passing offense drills and it worked..i believe it will help next week..** GNATS!!

Not sure why it means he's gone. We need at least three tight ends and Swaim is a free agent.

I think there was a better chance of Gathers being gone IF neither Jarwin or Schultz stepped up. Then, drafting a starting tight end would be a priority and we would keep the rookie, Jarwin and Schultz. The recent play of the tight ends makes drafting one less of a priority, so Gathers might not have to hope we go four deep at the position again.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I wonder if Beasley was hurt for a while, and that's why he disappeared. He's really come on the last few weeks.

That may have been part of it, but defenses have started to pay more attention to Cooper the past few weeks and bracketing Beasley less. It's good to see us take advantage of it the way we did today. That and the recent tight end play could put a lot of stress on defenses to pick their poison.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Remember in this offense he doesn't need to be great he doesn't need to be a superstar he just needs to drive the bus and with the emergence of our tight ends we should be able to get a lot better, what bothers me the most is the Giants going 35 points on our defense

They did score 30 against the Bears just a few weeks ago, albeit in overtime.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I don't mind the bad throws too much. Every QB makes bad throws. I mind the needless sacks. I mind the panicking in the pocket. I like that he's been trying to open up the throws more because I also minded the conservative play.

The broadcasters mentioned that one of his focuses this week was to get the ball out faster. That's good to hear even though I felt that two of his sacks today happened because of him holding the ball too long.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You already read my past post where I said he was mediocre to average the first half.

Apparently, our defense allowed Manning to score 35 points, but when it comes to a bad Giant’s defense that is known to blow fourth quarter leads, that’s now what happened as far as Dak is concerned?

So what exactly did this game show? That the coaching staff would give him all game to play and not simply get reps, playing all out with no repurcussiond, other than losing a meaningless game, Dak made plays with the same excuses you Dak homers were saying was the reason for his bad play?

No Martin, Smith and Zeke and a ****** WR Corp, particularly Beasley a garbage TE... yet he proved what?

You sound like you had a really bad hair day. :muttley:

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think we do have one thing going for us... Wilson will need to do better than Dak... Because I don't think Wilson's 152 yards today is going to cut it against our defense. I do like our defense... ;)
Dak I gave credit to... he played like he was an actual QB in the second half. But, I am not holding my breath for that to have consistency. I said if we make it anywhere, it would be through the defense.
I still believe that it comes down to the defense.

Hopefully, Richard and Marinelli will have the defense supercharged to play better than it did in the regular season against Seattle. The Dallas D messed up Richard's "homecoming."

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Colts over Texans
Seahawks over Cowboys
Ravens over Chargers
Eagles over Bears

Chiefs over Colts
Seahawks over Rams
Patriots over Ravens
Saints over Eagles

Chiefs over Patriots
Saints over Seahawks

Saints over Chiefs

LovinItAll

Reaction score
So he stepped up, but for all the multiple crappy performances, you claim it was their fault. So what happened then? If he could step up than why wasn’t he doing it before?

You know what’s been happening all year with the Giants defense when they had everything to play for? Imagine, no prevent on a final play leaving Beasley wide open on a basic route when all they had to do was knock a ball down..

Dak and the Cowboys blew a huge lead and Eli Manning outplayed your hero the whole second half..

https://nypost.com/2018/11/26/giants-defense-cant-close-and-its-now-a-devastating-problem/

Blah, blah, blah.

Look, man...I know it's probably tough being a closet Giants fan. Go ahead and come out. Nobody is going to judge you. Dak will be whipping NFC tails for the next decade. Get used to it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playoffs power ranking
1. Saints
2. Chiefs
3. Seahawks
4. Chargers
5. Eagles
6. Patriots
7. Rams
8. Colts
9. Ravens
10. Bears
11. Texans
12. Cowboys

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Playoffs power ranking
1. Saints
2. Chiefs
3. Seahawks
4. Chargers
5. Eagles
6. Patriots
7. Rams
8. Colts
9. Ravens
10. Bears
11. Texans
12. Cowboys

If you believe this, you need to head over to your local/online sports book and clean up.

Nonsense.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Colts over Texans
Seahawks over Cowboys
Ravens over Chargers
Eagles over Bears

Chiefs over Colts
Seahawks over Rams
Patriots over Ravens
Saints over Eagles

Chiefs over Patriots
Saints over Seahawks

Saints over Chiefs

Well, ain't you a ray of sunshine. Done give up before the game even started.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Didn't see the game earlier, but after seeing some clips on the news tonight it looks like we may have found our next TE star in Jarwin!
Jarwin had one heckuva game! :thumbup:

gimmesix

Reaction score
Colts over Texans
Seahawks over Cowboys
Ravens over Chargers
Eagles over Bears

Chiefs over Colts
Seahawks over Rams
Patriots over Ravens
Saints over Eagles

Chiefs over Patriots
Saints over Seahawks

Saints over Chiefs

I think we'll beat Seattle but lose to New Orleans.

However, because I still don't trust this offense, I will approach Saturday's playoff game like it is going to be a loss. That's pretty much how I've approached every Cowboys game for the second half of this season.