Game Day *** Cowboys vs Giants post game thread ***

Buzzbait

Reaction score
There's a possible silver lining behind this cloud. This year we have developed players like WR CeeDee Lamb, TE Shultz, CB Trevon Diggs, plus a few others, and gained experience and depth for the OL. Despite missing out on a 4th or 5th round draft pick, the loss today should still allow us to end up with a decent draft position, and hopefully we can use that to help shore up a shaky defense, especially the DL.
And hopefully we can get our starting OTs back and healthy next year.

Course it remains to be seen what happens at QB next year. :huh:

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Everyone claiming Dalton was the franchise savior needs to man the [censored] up and eat their crow.

That pick was an egregious choke job that transcends anything Romo or Dak got buried for.
I never said that , but I did say dalton was good enough, but that throw was dumb, and he played poorly outside in the cold, and raining at end.
But that said dak doesnt play good in cold, and rain either, and dalton had no help from kellen or mm today.
kellen went all pass on that last drive, and once in the redzone, they should have ran the ball, to alleviate the pass rush.

MM and kellen are both pathetic, and now we are stuck with both for many years to come. I dont think dak can overcome these 2 bozos either.

zeke21

Reaction score
Worst news all day was hearing KM is coming back.. dude is a bad play caller. The non challenge was monumental failing.. also didn't understand the decision not to go for 2 when we had all the momentum at that point.

This game represents everything that sucks about this season and our franchise. Just not enough playmakers.. fail at the fundementals and just couldn't make it happen.. but still showed enough to delude JJ into handing out big contracts because we are 'close'..

We need a defensive line so bad.. like so bad.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gaede Said:
McCarthy literally lost us this game.

No need to try and dump it off on McCarthy, the Cowboys beat themselves all day long, plain and simple. We lost because we weren't good enough to win. No excuses.
Yup. To have to depend on an overturned play near the end of the game just isn't a good recipe for success. The Giants had our number all day long despite their turnovers.
MM and KM let us down as well with the play calling and lack of the challenge flag.
Total team loss.
:facepalm:

MaineBoy

Reaction score
There's a possible silver lining behind this cloud. This year we have developed players like WR CeeDee Lamb, TE Shultz, CB Trevon Diggs, plus a few others, and gained experience and depth for the OL. Despite missing out on a 4th or 5th round draft pick, the loss today should still allow us to end up with a decent draft position, and hopefully we can use that to help shore up a shaky defense, especially the DL.
And hopefully we can get our starting OTs back and healthy next year.

Don’t you get that it doesn’t matter with Jerry as GM, MM as coach, KM as OC, and whoever they find in their next failed DC search. Let it sink in - Jerry as GM, MM coach, KM as OC. You saw their genius on display today. Jerry hires MM, extends KM, MM can’t throw a challenge flag, and KM screws the pooch again in the red zone.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This is why Andy Dalton was available. I said to myself this morning he was due for a stinker game, and here it was.

I like Dalton as a backup; but he's too inconsistent as a starter. If he's the savior some Cowboys fans might have thought before today, then the Bengals would have kept him. He's still only 32.

CT that matches my thoughts about Dalton exactly. I like him as a backup, but not a starter. For the same reason you said.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
My one complaint about Kellen....just refuses to run the football inside the 10. You got 4 plays to run 7 yards.....w/ a RB that you pay 90 million dollars.

Let that sink in....
lol like I keep saying he does not understand or value the run game, wants to pass non stop, which allows defense to tee off on going for qb.
1st at the 7, I say 4 runs gets it in! no chance of a sack with runs. but kellen will never do that.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol like I keep saying he does not understand or value the run game, wants to pass non stop, which allows defense to tee off on going for qb.
1st at the 7, I say 4 runs gets it in! no chance of a sack with runs. but kellen will never do that.
Scratching my head over it as well. A little bit of balanced play calling would seem recommended.