Game Day *** Cowboys vs Giants post game thread ***

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This is why Andy Dalton was available. I said to myself this morning he was due for a stinker game, and here it was.

I like Dalton as a backup; but he's too inconsistent as a starter. If he's the savior some Cowboys fans might have thought before today, then the Bengals would have kept him. He's still only 32.
I don’t see anyone signing him to a big starter contract. I think his smart bet is to take the top dollar back up money. Guy like him could make a lot as a backup for several more years

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Dalton holding the ball was a problem, I don't care if everybody is covered throw it at somebody feet

Agreed and its overlooked because what we're used to seeing with Dak holding the ball. This is a different, timing related offense. You simply CANNOT hold the ball when your routes are short quickies, ESPECIALLY in man coverage. Hit your back foot and throw, thats all you can do to succeed.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here’s a very underrated bad decision from the 3rd qtr- why didn’t Mac decide to go for 2 when it was 20-15? If conversation is made it’s 20-17, eventually would have been 23-20, and we would have just needed a FG at end to tie. Curious decision to not go for 2 there.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This game was rigged from the start, Giants got all the call their way but possibly one. Taints the tainted season even more.
Mara got his way, hope he paid a lot. NFL shows yet again what a joke it is.
Go WFT, beat Philly. Screw the Giants. Actually maybe the Giants should win the division and they pick 19th at 6-10.
Well 2 penaltys 1 on gregory, and 1 on brown, were good calls, and stupid plays by dumb players, and they kept 2 giant drives alive, and I think both were scoring drives.
without those dumb penaltys, strike 2 giant scores, and dallas wins.

The play at end where dalton was int, was bad play call by kellen, all 3 wr were in the endzone,and dalton had nowhere else to throw it.
even still shouldnt have thrown that, and shultz should have kept the guy from catching it. commit pass int if you have to but dont let them catch it.
the MM no challenge, the sack on that last drive, no one blocked the guy lol , how does that happen??

JustChip

Reaction score
Gaede Said:
McCarthy literally lost us this game.

No need to try and dump it off on McCarthy, the Cowboys beat themselves all day long, plain and simple. We lost because we weren't good enough to win. No excuses.
True enough, but McCarthy spit the bit on that non-challenge. Situational awareness! Your coach HAS to know the impact of that completion and how close it was. It’s not like there was less than a minute yo go and you needed all your timeouts. Big Mike just isn’t any better than Garrett regardless of having won a Super Bowl. But, sadly, it’s all we’ll ever get with Hog Jowells running the team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Here’s a very underrated bad decision from the 3rd qtr- why didn’t Mac decide to for 2 when it was 20-15? If conversation is made it’s 20-17, eventually would have been 23-20, and we would have just needed a FG at end to tie. Curious decision to not go for 2 there.
good point , the answer is he is a moron lol.
and we are stuck with him for 4 more years.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
MM definitely screwed the pooch on that lack of challenge.

I think the Cowboys pretty much screwed their own pooch for themselves by their poor play all day long. They don't deserve an excuse. They lost to a poor NY team. That's been par for the course for us all year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well 2 penaltys 1 on gregory, and 1 on brown, were good calls, and stupid plays by dumb players, and they kept 2 giant drives alive, and I think both were scoring drives.
without those dumb penaltys, strike 2 giant scores, and dallas wins.

The play at end where dalton was int, was bad play call by kellen, all 3 wr were in the endzone,and dalton had nowhere else to throw it.
even still shouldnt have thrown that, and shultz should have kept the guy from catching it. commit pass int if you have to but dont let them catch it.
the MM no challenge, the sack on that last drive, no one blocked the guy lol , how does that happen??

Yes the typical stupid stuff, can't deny that.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m still amazed that many fans expected this team with a garbage OL and backup QB to beat a good defense. When we were in the red zone at the end, I hoped we would score, but we had struggled all game vs their DL and secondary down there. I was laughing at the talk after the Philly game that our OL had figured it out. If Philly had their starting DL in there, it would have been a totally different game. Every single player on the OL struggled today. NY won in the trenches on both sides.....period.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Here’s a very underrated bad decision from the 3rd qtr- why didn’t Mac decide to for 2 when it was 20-15? If conversation is made it’s 20-17, eventually would have been 23-20, and we would have just needed a FG at end to tie. Curious decision to not go for 2 there.

Thank you....Was shaking my head on that decision as well....If you missed it....then @ least you know you gotta get a TD w/ a quarter to go.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
With everyone saying this as though it's a foregone conclusion, it just seems like the type of game where the Giants are gonna get lucky and the Eagles will somehow win.
yeah and I hope the eagles win just so jerry knows cowboys would have got to playoffs if his coaches were not so dumb.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The decision not to challenge was monumentally dumb but the pathetic first half performance ultimately lost this game. We had two gift turnovers (almost three) and couldn’t still overcome that mindlessly bad display of football on both sides of the ball in the first half

I'm with you CF, there really is no excuse. We beat ourselves today, just like we did most of this season.