Game Day Cowboys vs Green Bay Post Game Thread

aria

Reaction score
Only morons were bashing Romo. Most now see that if he was guilty of anything it was trying to do too much to overcome piss poor coaching and offensive scheme. Romo has hidden a lot of Garretts warts which are on full display now.

I slightly disagree. In some cases he may have been trying to overcome piss poor coaching but just because a pass play is calld when it shouldn't be doesn't take the blame off him for throwing an int or fumbling. There's no doubt the Cowboys would never be in some of these situations if it weren't for his stellar play but a games worth or seasons worth of great play can't overcome the one or two bad decisions that cost a game. Just off te top of my head

-the fumbled place holder snap to put us in the playoffs (not saying he should have been in there but he did fumble it and it's not like it was his first time holding the ball)

-going to Cabo during the bye when we were 13-3 (many people disagree with me here but I don't like his decision there, its playoff football, your mind should be focused on football)

-blowing a 24? point lead against Detroit with Romo throwing 3-4 ints

-2012, week 17 win and you're in against the Commanders. Romo throws 3 interceptions.

-3 int's w/ 2 being pick 6's against Carolina. I still think we had a chance to win that game if he didn't hand them 14 points plus what ever Carolina got off the other int

I'm sure there are plenty others that I can't remember. Again, we wouldn't be fortunate enough to be in some of those situations if it weren't for him (and Witten, Dez, Terrell, Austin and several other all star caliber players he's had on his side of the ball) but the guy just can't get it done when it matters most, plain and simple.

For the record, there's no doubt he has made Garrett look much better then he is and JG has been exposed.

Last edited:

Daillest88

Reaction score
Outcoached. And Marinelli went back to coaching scared.. Dez Bryant had his worse game of his career. Just pathetic. We need a new coach. Culture has to change

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Watching the Special Ed errr I mean Special Teams live yesterday was disturbing. They look ten times worse live than on TV. The Packers were blowing right past our blockers with ease.

Gaede

Reaction score
Outcoached. And Marinelli went back to coaching scared.. Dez Bryant had his worse game of his career. Just pathetic. We need a new coach. Culture has to change

This is the biggest indicator indicator to me, the culture.

I don't see a team that fights to the end. I see a team that is OK with losing.

bkeavs

Reaction score
Im just waiting for the All 22 to be broken down by the people here so I can get an accurate version of what exactly happened in the game yesterday

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they accurate version is that the cowboys got there self beat. I don't think you can hurt this teams pride because I don't think they have any.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
The thing I ask myself is that if JG were fired today, would any other team pick him up as a OC much less a HC and the answer is no. Perhaps a QB coach but he certainly has not coached up anyone of our back up QB's over his tenure. The opposing NFC owners just have to love the misery this franchise is going through.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I'm laughing right now....you could close your eyes with a pin the tail on the donkey scenario and I'd give you 50 HCs over JG....I could name over 100 QBs to take over......I could name over 20 TEs with a better YAC.....I could give you NE practice squad CBs to take over....real easy. Hindsight is a pretty thing and somewhat distorting...very distorting.

How about picking my next 7 numbers for the lottery this week. :D

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Marinelli was a huge dissapointment with going back to a vanilla defence. This coaching staff is clueless. What is there to lose? He just let Rodgers sit back there and carve us up. if he would of blitz like mad they would have even disrupted their run game instead of running all over us. Marinelli was so scared he went back into his season long coma.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The thing I ask myself is that if JG were fired today, would any other team pick him up as a OC much less a HC and the answer is no. Perhaps a QB coach but he certainly has not coached up anyone of our back up QB's over his tenure. The opposing NFC owners just have to love the misery this franchise is going through.

A high school JV team would, he runs the same offence and would fit right into their plans.

Wolfpack

Reaction score

He might work in a small Div 2 or 3 school, thats about it. The NFL sees how bad he is every week.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For those that were talking about a possible run to win out... You can stop now.

For those worried about losing out on a top draft pick... You can stop now.

We should just all shut up now right? What is a chat room for if not to discuss the team good or bad?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Stop with the Dez Bryant hate. I could do a better job than Cassell at getting him the ball. If Tony or any competent quarterback was in there he'd be making plays. This season is a throw away simply because of the Romo injuries. If Romo stays healthy we'd be locking up some field advantage by now. **** happens. Get ready for next year.

Yah, Dez is doing such a fantastic job. What a leader. Not getting open and then dropping catches. And yah, he is really making plays out there. LOL

Give me a break. Without Romo the guy is useless. Without Romo he has been reduced to a screaming little sideline baby with an attitude. Worth every penny. And when Romo is gone this clown will be the emotional leader of the offense? Garrett and Dez grooming our next young QB is a dream come true. :thumbdown:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know the Joneses swear Garrett is safe, but if we lose out, with a blowout at home in week 17..I think it just might be enough to get him canned

We can only pray, but I have to disagree. Jones is going to ride this one all the way down. Garrett is hitched to Romo. Its that simple.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We go 1-9 without Romo and you tell us to "cry some more". This defense of a mediocre head coach is absolutely pathetic. How anyone can watch the nonsense that we have for an offense and think that Garrett is doing a good job is mind blowing to me.

He cherry picked 3 games against playoff teams who are getting some of the best qb play in history.

I merely pointed out what we're unsurprising results.

I'm just not being a baby about it.