Game Day ***Cowboys vs Jets pre game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBWinner

Reaction score
Sad you let someone you don’t even know control your life. That’s weak man.
No its about as a fan holding the team accountable. Really its exacerbated by the team not winning in a long time, and how the team is just so popular based on past success that they are in this bubble of never having fan consequences.

I don't begrudge the excited fans. I am one of them! But, I'll watch from home and not spend money on tickets. The Cowboys need to get back to committing to winning first before I do that. And to be fair, this might be the year they finally get there. They have a really good team and the Jones appear to be pulling out all the stops, and making much better overall personnel decisions the past few years especially. We shall see.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can't wait, this should be a defensive slugfest. If we can't put up some early points and the Jets can stick with the run it could be a close game.

Mirror image game where the plan will be to use your great defenses, shut down the run and get pressure on the qb and wait for a mistake.

We have the edge in QB and pass rush, I think they have a better run game and run defense.

Cowboys 20 Jets 13

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
No its about as a fan holding the team accountable. Really its exacerbated by the team not winning in a long time, and how the team is just so popular based on past success that they are in this bubble of never having fan consequences.

I don't begrudge the excited fans. I am one of them! But, I'll watch from home and not spend money on tickets. The Cowboys need to get back to committing to winning first before I do that. And to be fair, this might be the year they finally get there. They have a really good team and the Jones appear to be pulling out all the stops, and making much better overall personnel decisions the past few years especially. We shall see.
Regardless if you buy anything Cowboys related, watching from home still supports Jerry.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I don’t buy this narrative that the Jones don’t care about winning and only care about the bottom line. I think they want to win more than anyone on this board. They’ve just not done a good job of it since the 90’s.

Praxit

Reaction score
I don’t buy this narrative that the Jones don’t care about winning and only care about the bottom line. I think they want to win more than anyone on this board. They’ve just not done a good job of it since the 90’s.
..Boom. On spot. ;)...

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
My take has always been Jerry wants to win as much as fans. He wants to do it his way though, which flies in the face of what many consider conventional wisdom.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That "narrative" of course being the last two and half decades.

It's pretty clear what Jerry wants. To win. But only his way. If he spends the rest of his life losing his way that is more preferable to the egomaniacal lunatic than winning where someone else might get the credit.

1) Jerry
2) Cowboys

That has always been his priority list.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

It's pretty clear what Jerry wants. To win. But only his way. If he spends the rest of his life losing his way that is more preferable to the egomaniacal lunatic than winning where someone else might get the credit.

1) Jerry
2) Cowboys

Thank you.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

1) Jerry
2) Cowboys

100% correct

He would rather lose doing it his way, than win doing it someone else’s way.

SBWinner

Reaction score

1) Jerry
2) Cowboys

This exactly. Thank you. It is the Jerry Jones Ring of Honor.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
5sepuLL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.