Cowboys Vs Lions ***Game Thread***

ElPanadero

Reaction score
I was a whole lot happier at the end of this game then I was at the end of the Green Bay game. Maybe it was more relief then anything else. Whatever. I am on cloud 9!!!

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1821737 said:
Yes I do, it was boiled over frustration but to say I'm confident I'm wrong would be a understatement.
Cool. I hear ya. I was highly pissed off during the game as well.

Oh well. We won so let's be happy about it. :D

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
peplaw06;1821761 said:
And they were the #8 ranked D going into this game. So which is the anomaly? The 8 or so games where they play great, or the couple where they play poorly? In the 2 worst defensive performances of the year we're 1-1. That says something about this team. With this offense, we're never out of it.

Saying we're one and done right now is jumping ship, like it or not... no matter how much time or money you spend on the Boys.

Ok, if you say so but be careful when you start setting guidelines. They often will come back and bite you. I never expect to hear anything negative from you or I'll be fored to form the same opinion about you. If you can live with your rules then so can I. You can't judge my heart and what I feel no matter how you try to spin it.

canters

Reaction score
We had an off game. Nothing more or less than that. We won and took the Lions best shot. Period.

Did the offense carry the defense? Yes. But we won.

SDogo

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1821774 said:
Cool. I hear ya. I was highly pissed off during the game as well.

Oh well. We won so let's be happy about it. :D

Oh, I'm happy but I'm worried. I want to see some improvement on defense that leads me to believe we can stop the Patriots if we get that far.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1821778 said:
Ok, if you say so but be careful when you start setting guidelines. They often will come back and bite you. I never expect to hear anything negative from you or I'll be fored to form the same opinion about you. If you can live with your rules then so can I. You can't judge my heart and what I feel no matter how you try to spin it.

Good grief. I just told you I understand some negativity. But there's a difference between negativity and rolling over.

"Spin it" -----> :laugh2:

I'm only quoting your words.

SDogo

Reaction score
peplaw06;1821810 said:
Good grief. I just told you I understand some negativity. But there's a difference between negativity and rolling over.

"Spin it" -----> :laugh2:

I'm only quoting your words.

The only rolling over going on was when I was thrashing on the floor the last 40 seconds of the game. Not something someone who has given up has done. Like I said, you don't know me. I don't need to defend myself. This board drives me crazy with all the people who only claim to be Cowboys fans because they refuse to put a negative spin on anything.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Rack;1821446 said:
To all those posters calling out other members... shut the hell up.

We won, but there's plenty to be worried about. Our pass rush had been better, then we face the worst pass protection team in football, and we look horrible. I'm more concerned about that then any of the coverage problems we had.

Ellis came through in the end. Ware was invisible most of the game.
We have every right to call out someone that quits on the team and already concludes that the game is over halfway through the second quarter. People were already convinced that the season was over and wasn't giving the team a chance, displaying no faith in the organization. I don't think anyone would disagree that our defense was completely horrendous out there today, but that doesn't justify giving up. There was still plenty of football to be played. Maybe you are getting so defensive because you were a part of that group that didn't believe we would win. It's all good though, we pulled through in the end.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
My heart rate is still beating at 308 per minute...and we won the game!

:eek: My shirt is sweaty, I need a drink and maybe some of that stuff that Crankcase uses!!

SDogo

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1821895 said:
Why are fans so bothered by other fans' moment of doubt? :confused:

Million dollar question. I don't find the need to attack ever positive post if I don't agree with it. Makes people feel good I guess.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1821836 said:
The only rolling over going on was when I was thrashing on the floor the last 40 seconds of the game. Not something someone who has given up has done. Like I said, you don't know me. I don't need to defend myself. This board drives me crazy with all the people who only claim to be Cowboys fans because they refuse to put a negative spin on anything.
Like you said, I don't know you. But I can read what you post. Your post was giving up. If you don't want people commenting on your posts, either rethink what you say before posting, or don't post it. Simple as that.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1821895 said:
As has been explained 1000 times, there's a difference between doubting and giving up.

Just think of this as a marathon where fans are dropping like flies and the rest of us are telling them to keep believing, and not to give up.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1821895 said:
I have no problem with doubt, but don't just give up on the team when there is still plenty of time left on the clock. Just because we trail in the game doesn't mean that entire season is a waste.

SDogo

Reaction score
peplaw06;1821940 said:
Like you said, I don't know you. But I can read what you post. Your post was giving up. If you don't want people commenting on your posts, either rethink what you say before posting, or don't post it. Simple as that.

I'm not bothered by what I post or what you think about what I post. If I cared I would not post it. I'm also not bothered that you doubt me. There are thousands of Cowboys fans that don't agree with me and thousands that do. Not one of our lives will be changed by what you or I believe or say.

SDogo

Reaction score
peplaw06;1821959 said:
As has been explained 1000 times, there's a difference between doubting and giving up.

Just think of this as a marathon where fans are dropping like flies and the rest of us are telling them to keep believing, and not to give up.

Giving up is saying I'm done with this team, I don't carem I'm not watching anymore and I'm not coming back. I think you drawing to fine a line between doubt and giving up.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1821966 said:
I'm not bothered by what I post or what you think about what I post. If I cared I would not post it. I'm also not bothered that you doubt me. There are thousands of Cowboys fans that don't agree with me and thousands that do. Not one of our lives will be changed by what you or I believe or say.
Then why all the CYA about how much of a Cowboys fan you are?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1821977 said:
Giving up is saying I'm done with this team, I don't carem I'm not watching anymore and I'm not coming back. I think you drawing to fine a line between doubt and giving up.

"One and done" is giving up when we've already clinched a playoff berth. There is no disputing that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
peplaw06;1821979 said:
Then why all the CYA about how much of a Cowboys fan you are?

Give it up, peplaw...why waste your time? Same to HomeOfLedgends...