Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions Post game thread***

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The cowboys and particularly Romo would never and I mean never would have tried the qb sneak. Tip my hat to Stafford and a big dirty bird to Hatcher and the line for sleeping on that play

newlander

Reaction score

I said when we got the penalty they would have every opportunity to win: they were OUT of timeouts....Smith gets the worst penalty of his young career, and that gave them 1:07....take a knee.....pooch punt....come out a winner. HERE COMES RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Garrett sucks

romothesavior

Reaction score
What angers me is that trash they did with 7 seconds left. They don't even attempt to take a shot down the field to get into field goal range. They do some stupid shovel pass trash. I bet Witten, Romo and Ware walk off the field smiling. I'm sorry, but the core needs to go. They are not winners. Dez was getting fired up and Ware and Witten with nondescript faces trying to calm him down as if this was no big deal they lost the game. We have a culture of mediocrity here and it centers around our core and with Garrett. Jerry Jones is there obviously, but that's another story.

You are a total clown. To go after a warrior and true Cowboy like Witten? Go find another team to root for.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Just saw one of the worst choke jobs I've ever seen...so why am I smiling from ear to ear?

Who knows maybe I just want the Boys to lose in the most ridiculous ways possible because I know it'll keep Garrett up all night puking into the toilet and send Jerry to an early grave.

Couldn't happen to two more deserving people.

Glad you're happy.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
blaming Romo for this loss is stupid. The road game plan is always the same with Garrett, conservative and keep the other team in the game. Play not to lose. We have as many weapons and fire power as the Saints, Broncos and Lions, yet we play conservative. The offense has no rhythm early in the game and the offense is just stale............

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'm at the point that I really just don't care. We've been an average to below average team for about 16 years. It's not going to change any time soon.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Time to face facts, this team just isn't very good. Horrible defense and horrible coaching combine to make this a very poor team. Record against losing teams 4-0, record against teams with winning records 0-4.

I been saying that for years

popp1234

Reaction score
It's almost funny. No, wait, not funny. What's the word? Excruciating? Expected? Painful? What the hell is it with this team and these heartbreaking games?

I don't know, maybe Jerry is cursed.:(

Wheeltax

Reaction score
I'd love for the HC to come out in the locker room, tell the team he knows they're upset, and tell them why they SHOULD be upset.

Instead, Garrett probably goes in, tells them they played a heckuva football game today, says this is a process that you take one week at a time, okay guys one two three COWBOYS

Novacek84

Reaction score
I'm ok. It is obvious that they need a healthy Ware and Murray. The Smith penalty killed the Cowboys because the clock would of ran to 20 seconds before a punt attempt. Maybe Cowboys should have kneeled. It's too easy to say if Cowboys did this or that. If the Cowboys can go 2-1 in the next 3 games, I think the Cowboys will be fine.

And it's exactly this acceptance by fans that is disgusting. Don't you understand that the way they are coached affects their situational play? They are not going to be fine. They are going to be mediocre. That is what they are coached up to be.

kirkjrk

Reaction score
Could not stop Megatron- could not even SLOW HIM DOWN. Could not run the ball. Did not try and run the ball much until it was so obvious that it would not work.

Offense scored 30 points. This one is about 70% on the D; the rest on Garrett.

Agree, with a lot on Romo. He didn't do anything until Dez got in his face and as the case is so very very often when the ball is placed in his hands at the end of game to win he doesn't produce.

newlander

Reaction score
I said when we got the penalty they would have every opportunity to win: they were OUT of timeouts....Smith gets the worst penalty of his young career, and that gave them 1:07....take a knee.....pooch punt....come out a winner. HERE COMES RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Garrett sucks because DESPITE his Ivy league education, he simply doesn't learn from week to week. He isn't cut out for it.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I said when we got the penalty they would have every opportunity to win: they were OUT of timeouts....Smith gets the worst penalty of his young career, and that gave them 1:07....take a knee.....pooch punt....come out a winner. HERE COMES RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Garrett sucks

I am not going to blame red for kicking the fg....force them to go and get a td. As much as i hate red, it was the right call

BlueStar22

Reaction score
What angers me is that trash they did with 7 seconds left. They don't even attempt to take a shot down the field to get into field goal range. They do some stupid shovel pass trash. I bet Witten, Romo and Ware walk off the field smiling. I'm sorry, but the core needs to go. They are not winners. Dez was getting fired up and Ware and Witten with nondescript faces trying to calm him down as if this was no big deal they lost the game. We have a culture of mediocrity here and it centers around our core and with Garrett. Jerry Jones is there obviously, but that's another story.

You get rid of the core and we're picking #1 for at least the next 5 years. Stupid comment.