Game Day Cowboys vs Packers post game thread

Kevinicus

Reaction score
One thing I will say about this game... I think that Dak having 1 int and 2 fumbles means that Romo is going to be back next game if healthy. Dak looked more like a rookie QB today and mostly just picked on the weakest link for GB (hitting a lot of wide open receivers in the process). I could be wrong but I think Romo is coming back as soon as he's ready.

This exactly. This game was great to win, and it clarified even more that Romo is the best option.

Nearly 3 turnovers and some other less than steller series showed that he has a ways to go. He has a lot of promise though and we don't have to worry about the nonsense from last year.

I'm glad this defense has stepped it up. Also glad Rodgers was pretty poor.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
This D is actually getting stronger. 4 sacks last week, today 4 turnovers. Last week took a shutout into the 4th quarter, this week they had held GB to 6 points when the 4th quarter started.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This D is actually getting stronger. 4 sacks last week, today 4 turnovers. Last week took a shutout into the 4th quarter, this week they had held GB to 6 points when the 4th quarter started.
No pass rush is not sustainable.......it's going to cost them somewhere down the line, but for now, it's working

NumOneQB

Reaction score
This exactly. This game was great to win, and it clarified even more that Romo is the best option.

Nearly 3 turnovers and some other less than steller series showed that he has a ways to go. He has a lot of promise though and we don't have to worry about the nonsense from last year.

I'm glad this defense has stepped it up. Also glad Rodgers was pretty poor.

Best option? This is a bit isn't it? You're too funny....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have to honestly self scout even after a big victory. Prescott was embarrassing today. 3 picks. 1 called back by penalty, 1 erroneously called a fumble and then that laughably bad attempt to Witten. We burned our timeouts mid way thru the 2nd quarter because he was lost and couldn't get people lined up. He was just a mess.

Feel good about the win, this isn't meant to be a downer, but the Cowboys have a decision to make over the bye week at QB. Prescott or Sanchez.

@percyhoward. make sure when you make up numbers next week that you include 3 picks for Rayne. You know it. I know it. No mathematical formula saves you from the truth.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Great win. Please stop running EE so much when the game is in hand. Irving had a big day. I actually liked the gameplan against the Packers...rush 3 or 4 instead of blitzing and trying to get pressure on Rodgers. Make him throw the ball into tight windows and through zones instead of trying to pressure him and watching him escape and get a WR wide open. Beasley's move on the final TD was sick. And who says we can't go long with the passing game, now?

YR

Amen about EE"s carries. Dang, what is Morris on the team for? He should have got about 5-8 more carries. Just sayin'

endersdragon

Reaction score
DLaw and some threats up the middle seem to be causing that.