Game Day Cowboys vs Packers post game thread

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the fourth quarter is winning time, despite all the idiocy in the first half, they had the game in front of them, and we gave it away because our coaching staff lacks basic understanding of situational football. They either had no plan and panicked, or legitimately thought that was a good idea, which may be worse. Anyone who knows anything about football could see the exact scenario that played out after we spiked it, it was a gutless, giveup, scared call.
Who called the spike? Is it possible it was a rookie mistake by Dak? Two plays should've been called for that very situation.

newera

Reaction score
If before the game I told you

Zek 21 for 125
Dez 9 for 132 2 TD
Dak 23-38 302 2 TD and 1 int

I bet 90+ % of us will say we will win the game.

We got beat by a super hot QB. I honestly don't believe any other QB including Brady could have pull this off today against us.
Bad luck.....

I hope we fix the pass rush. It's been our achilles heel for years now.

If you would have told me Zeke was only getting 21 carries, I would have wone red why we got away from him....exactly the way I feel right now

btcutter

Reaction score
If you would have told me Zeke was only getting 21 carries, I would have wone red why we got away from him....exactly the way I feel right now
Playing behind took Zek out in some respects. What I don't get is why can't we utilize him in the passing game?

zeke21

Reaction score
Stop referencing the 13-3.. most of that was due to a great schedule as a result of our blip last season.. next year will be brutal.

iamliko22

Reaction score
Worse lost for me in long time.. Refs early cost us more than three. But GO COWBOYS..never one to take away from what the other team did..just felt like we still are the better team..IDK

iamliko22

Reaction score
When a qb can run around with thatuch time.time and time again..there should've been at least one holding..That's what bothers me most..refs decided a close game.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
if Jerry decided to do an Elway, and decide that Garrett has taken as far as he is capable and fires him, I would be good with that!

I think Garrett has reached his potential, and perhaps we should turn the team to more capable hands.

aria

Reaction score
So the Cowboys were exposed, is anyone surprised?

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
It's so funny because as much as the cowboys bring the viewers, they sure throw them no bones. Viewership will go down significantly. I can see why viewership is going down, same teams all the time and it's becoming more and more a rigged product.

Super Bowl tickets are dropping like a rock after the Cowboys loss. And I don't feel at all sorry for the NFL.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And by the time we fix the defense, the offense will suck again. Leary is already probably gone; we'll need another WR, Witten is an old man, etc.,etc. Dak and Zeke will be around a while, but you really can't waste these opportunities. At least win one freakin' playoff game when you have a #1 seed and HFA.
yeah that is what I said was needed for this to be a satisfying season, get past the div round and in the nfcc game !!!!!
Coaching was bad , in the game and in preparation.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We rested him the last six quarters of the season for what? It's like he's an afterthought to our coaching staff. I hope we figure out how to properly use Zeke over the offseason.
If they dont get it now they wont later.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Coaching let the players down. I can't deny it. The screwed the pooch.
yeah JG cant get past the div round game, this is loss # 3 for him.
But hey in 10 more years, he might have learned enough to do it, but then he has to figure out how to win the next level lol

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't believe in any type of guarantee in parity football.

We have a good young team but it's not like we play in a division that will give us a free pass every year like New England gets.

We had the opportunity, we had the 1 seed, and we blew it. Another wasted opportunity with nothing left but hope for getting all the way to same position we were in at 3:40 today.
I agree but I do believe the future is bright. We'll see.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Anyone else show no emotion after the FG? After 20 years of playoff failures I just sat here emotionless and numb. :star:

My wife came out to console me (in my Dez jersey) and I told her, "It's okay. You win some you lose some. Well, in our case, we lose when it matters most, but what can you do?"