Game Day Cowboys vs Packers post game thread

manster4ever

Reaction score
Strangely, I'm over it. I don't know what it is. I just don't get as upset with losses anymore. I'm disappointed, but it doesn't linger.
I guess I didn't really think we'd get to the Super Bowl with this defense. I hoped we would, but I still felt the defense was a liability.
You know when you have a great defense. You know when you have a great team. The Ravens defense that won their first and second Super Bowls were great. The Buccaneers defense that won the defense was great. The Broncos defense of last year was great. I never felt this defense was great. We overachieved, and then we ran into a very hot quarterback.
In the playoffs, never underestimate an elite defense and an elite quarterback. That's why the Packers and the Patriots are still playing, and we aren't.

AS usual, you are spot on. Level headed, good facts and just right on the money. Another thing, this time last week we feared my Dad had Colon Cancer. He has a mass that has to be removed. Scan came back negative: it's benign. I mean, geez guys life DOES go on, believe me. Our D will be better next year and so will we.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Anyone else show no emotion after the FG? After 20 years of playoff failures I just sat here emotionless and numb. :star:

I turned it off after I realized Red panicked again and didn't call a timeout. WHY wouldn't you use the last TO? He's a treat.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Next season I would like to see Zeke in the 2nd quarter and not taking out when he is on a roll.

Getting too pass happy is another thing that needs to go.

Stay with what is working, if we can run 3 times and pick up a first then you keep running it until they stop you.

Also don't rest guys in week 17 when you have a first round bye

I agree with everything you said except for not resting our guys. I really don't think it had anything to do with resting our guys. Even if we hadn't, we still would have had a bye. There's just no way around that unless we want to back into the playoffs and not get a No. 1 or No. 2 seed. Here are the Cowboys problem when it comes to the playoffs:

1. I honestly believe we get outcoached. Whether it's bad play calling or other teams knowing what we're going to do and not adjusting or relying on non-contributors, we just can't seem to get over the hump
2. We need to pick an identity and stick with it. Are we going to run Zeke or are we going to pass? We've seen that passing hasn't helped us advance and we've invested in the offensive line and a special running back. Run ... the ... ball!
3. We need to fix the defense. That should be the No. 1 priority. Could we not have used a Dwight Freeney down the stretch and in the fourth quarter? He still has pass-rushing skills. And it looks like his desire to play for a Super Bowl contender will come to fruition.

Fix these things, and it doesn't matter if we get the No. 1 seed or the No. 6 seed.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
I turned it off after I realized Red panicked again and didn't call a timeout. WHY wouldn't you use the last TO? He's a treat.
What? When? Which time out are you referring to? At the end of the game he did use a timeout to try and ice the kicker

mugsybows

Reaction score
Exactly what I told my wife....2 small markets for the NFC championship....a snorefest.
It's so funny because as much as the cowboys bring the viewers, they sure throw them no bones. Viewership will go down significantly. I can see why viewership is going down, same teams all the time and it's becoming more and more a rigged product.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Give me examples of what Garrett did today that made him the heel
I'm drink and don't have the time or patience, ask the rest of the board but I'll start with clock management, defense not ready and screen pass on 2nd and 2. Take it away Johnny.

zeke21

Reaction score
Anyone who isn't guttedright now is stronger than I am. Really thought we had a shot this year but knew we would lose the moment we stuffed that first third down. This franchise needs a serious overhaul.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Strangely, I'm over it. I don't know what it is. I just don't get as upset with losses anymore. I'm disappointed, but it doesn't linger.
I guess I didn't really think we'd get to the Super Bowl with this defense. I hoped we would, but I still felt the defense was a liability.
You know when you have a great defense. You know when you have a great team. The Ravens defense that won their first and second Super Bowls were great. The Buccaneers defense that won the defense was great. The Broncos defense of last year was great. I never felt this defense was great. We overachieved, and then we ran into a very hot quarterback.
In the playoffs, never underestimate an elite defense and an elite quarterback. That's why the Packers and the Patriots are still playing, and we aren't.

I feel much the same. I think I'm just jaded, thinking, after 20+ years of futility, there will always be something that will hold us back.
Pretty pathetic really.

btcutter

Reaction score
If before the game I told you

Zek 21 for 125
Dez 9 for 132 2 TD
Dak 23-38 302 2 TD and 1 int

I bet 90+ % of us will say we will win the game.

We got beat by a super hot QB. I honestly don't believe any other QB including Brady could have pull this off today against us.
Bad luck.....

I hope we fix the pass rush. It's been our achilles heel for years now.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Exactly what I told my wife....2 small markets for the NFC championship....a snorefest.
Still waiting for the most valuable sports franchise in the WORLD and the most popular team in the most popular sport in the US get some "star" treatment from the refs, I ain't saying its right but I'm waiting......