Game Day ***Cowboys vs Packers Post Game Thread***

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything lined up just right and we still did this. Every aspect of the Cowboys was trash today. Offense, defense and special teams. No point in blaming any one player the way this board will. It was a head-to-toe crap show. Nothing good happened out there. Everything was terrible. What happened? 48 points at home when we haven't lost a home game in 16 games? Where was the pass rush? Where was the coverage? Why didn't we cover the tight end? Where were the defensive turnovers? We ran into a return man. We missed an extra point. Onside kicks were putrid. Now for the offense. What. in. the. hell. was. that? Dak couldn't find his own receivers, but he had no trouble throwing to the Packers. The receivers got virtually no separation. The odd thing is that O-line blocked decently, but we still couldn't get anything going. When Gallup is your best receiver, you know something is wrong. Fergie was great and Pollard looked pretty good, but we had no reason to run the ball, trailing by so much. Mike McCarthy, Dan Quinn, Bones Fassel. Trash. Trash. Trash. I am so pissed, yet I'm in shock. Can you be numb and angry at the same time? The worst loss in my 45 year fandom. Everything lined up just right and we still did this.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Looked like a Superbowl contender vs us. Watch how bad they look vs the 49ers. All this Packers praising will be over when they play a real defense.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
He gave himself a lot of content to discuss. That’s for sure.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Goes to show the football intelligence of our players. Schoonmaker stays in bounds. Not that it would do anything to change the outcome, but that is the kind of players we have on our team!
He was trying to be merciful to the fans

madcow74

Reaction score
Did the Cowboys look ready to play? The play calling was horrible on BOTH sides of the ball. Players making stupid unforced errors - Dak takes a forever sack outside the tackle box and sails a hailmary into the bleachers, Schoonmaker fighting for two yard gain in final minute staying inbounds, etc etc etc.

Go into rebuild mode. Jettison over-priced talent for draft picks. Dump McCarthy and Dan Quinn and make a big play for Jim Harbaugh. Otherwise, these Cowboys will go 12-5 next season with the same underwhelming playoff results.
It looked like buffalo

Swagger

Reaction score
I wouldn’t put this loss on Prescott.
There were many issues. Defense of course, coaching - players weren't ready but come on Prescott was completely off point. He scored his stats in garbage time against back ups when the game was lost as is often the case. He chocked against the 49ers last season when given many opportunities and the season before a better QB wins against the 49ers and Jimmy G. He has failed three years on the spin. In how many other jobs would an employee that makes such key decisions (quarterback) get yet another chance? It just shouldn't happen. Need to blow the nose and move on.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Did the Cowboys look ready to play? The play calling was horrible on BOTH sides of the ball. Players making stupid unforced errors - Dak takes a forever sack outside the tackle box and sails a hailmary into the bleachers, Schoonmaker fighting for two yard gain in final minute staying inbounds, etc etc etc.

Go into rebuild mode. Jettison over-priced talent for draft picks. Dump McCarthy and Dan Quinn and make a big play for Jim Harbaugh. Otherwise, these Cowboys will go 12-5 next season with the same underwhelming playoff results.
The gameplan was messed up from the get go. Packers have bad corners? Let's run the ball. We're good at man coverage? Let's play zone.

It's like both Quinn and McCarthy thought doing the opposite of what they should've done was a brilliant idea.

jsb357

Reaction score
Dak has a no trade clause. Another Jerry mistake. Jerry won't trade Dak anyway. He will convince himself and the fans that Dak is going to win a superbowl. Jerry is going to extend dak's contract. I hope he removes the no trade clause if he does.
bench him pay him

start someone else

vlad

Reaction score
Strahan nailed it - the team feels more like greater than football- i maintain The Star is so cushy it’s like you’ve already made it just walking in there. I don’t think the second coming of a Staubach would make a difference.

Think about that Stephen said his most proud accomplishment was the freaking Star.