Game Day ***Cowboys vs Packers Post Game Thread***

mmohican29

Reaction score
As all my friends love to tell me - Cowboys, all show, no go. Frauds. I've tried to defend them and tell everybody how wrong they are - for years.
I can't, I just can't.
This. I just shrug. It is what it is.

Team plays emotionless/gutless football and this result really should not surprise a single Cowboys fan anywhere.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I didn't feel good about this game after GB drove down the field with ease on the opening drive. This game was very reminiscent of the Buffalo game except it was the QB and not the RBs doing the damage.

Sheepish

Reaction score

eam Stats​

Green Bay Packers
Dallas Cowboys
1st Downs2237
Passing 1st downs1125
Rushing 1st downs108
1st downs from penalties14
3rd down efficiency6-1010-16
4th down efficiency1-10-2
Total Plays5489
Total Yards415510
Total Drives1011
Yards per Play7.75.7
Passing272387
Comp-Att16-2141-60
Yards per pass13.06.0
Interceptions thrown02
Sacks-Yards Lost0-04-16
Rushing143123
Rushing Attempts3325
Yards per rush4.34.9
Red Zone (Made-Att)4-44-5
Penalties7-666-48
Turnovers02
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown02
Defensive / Special Teams TDs10
Possession28:5531:05
Wow. That is unbelievable. Talk about garbage time.

Just think how people will point to these stats in contract talks, interviews, everything.

Disgraceful.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't feel good about this game after GB drove down the field with ease on the opening drive. This game was very reminiscent of the Buffalo game except it was the QB and not the RBs doing the damage.

I actually looked over at my friends when we were watching the game after that first GB drive and I said “Dallas is going to get blown out today”.

We’ve all seen this happen too many times and it is all too familiar.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Think about this - Mike McCarthy and Brian Schottenheimer were pantsed in the coaching department by Joe Barry. Joe Freaking Barry - a guy whose defense couldn't stop a nosebleed this season.
Just play two high safeties and Mike may as be holding a Waffle House menu instead of a play sheet.

Reactions: CWR

Mr_437

Reaction score
This. I just shrug. It is what it is.

Team plays emotionless/gutless football and this result really should not surprise a single Cowboys fan anywhere.
You can't care more than the players do.

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
You really think anything changes once Jerry is gone? His son has even less football knowledge and will be an even worse GM.
Certainly not.

I hold minimal expectations for Jerry's son. The core issue behind the Cowboys' perpetual struggle, in my view, stems from Jerry's merchandise deal with the league, as I elaborate in detail here.

For a potential shift under Jerry's son, a departure from the pursuit of wealth towards a focus on glory is crucial.

Jerry, having already secured three Super Bowls, has left a lasting legacy.

If his son aspires for immortality, reconsidering the merchandise deal with the league could be the game-changer.
I firmly believe that such a move could transform the Cowboys into a dynasty – mark my words.

However, all that will depend on Jerry’s sons sensibilities and priorities.

mldardy

Reaction score
It was reminiscent of a lot of the playoff games we've had at home: 07 Giants, 14 Lions (even though we won that game), 16 Packers, 21 Niners, today. Every one of those games the opposing drove down the field on their first drive and scored a TD. We seem to never punch the opponent in the mouth first and instead get punched first and can't recover.

Edit: I should say

Last edited: