Game Day ***Cowboys vs Panthers Post Game Thread***

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Bland joined Eric Allen (1993), Ken Houston (1971) and Jim Kearney (1972) as the only defenders with four pick-sixes in a season.
So, he clearly holds the Cowboys record.
The most pick sixes in a career by a Cowboy was 4 by Dennis Thurman, so now Bland has also tied that career record.
Bland had 5 ints last season and already has 6 this year, for 11 in less than 2 seasons.

He still has a way to go to tie Mel Renfro’s 52 INTs.
Dak needs 70 more career ints to tie Aikman’s 141.
Bret Favre owns the NFL record with most pick sixes at 32, followed by Stafford with 30, Marino with 29, Namath with 28, Brees and Manning with 26. They all have more pick sixes than years played, some avg 2 per year. I found that a little shocking. Romo had 13, Aikman 12, Dak with 9 so far. I couldn’t find Roger on the list, so it must have been fewer than 4.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Howell is a bum and I hope Washington thinks he's their future
they do. Kinda funny. We will beat them Thursday. They will fight hard, and it won't be an easy win. Their season is at stake. I think 28-17, we win.

Bagman

Reaction score
They didn't say anything untrue. This team needs to figure out how to beat better teams. It's absolutely true...
No. This team needs to figure out how to beat San Francisco. Don't act like they can't beat Philly. They beat Philly at least once EVERY YEAR. Should have beat them a few weeks ago, outplaying them in Philly. So its really only SF. The narrative is getting really old about good teams. Don't you guys know that teams immediately suck if we beat them.

Bagman

Reaction score
We can beat all the bad teams in the world until we beat a winning team. None of these wins are celebratable.
Then don't celebrate. But sitting there telling others not to celebrate?. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. There's plenty of fans on this site that don't worry about style points. Carolina wasn't going to have a winning record regardless of today's outcome. Why would you let that ruin an enjoyable win for your team ?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Now the run of horrible teams with horrible QBs is over.

Washington....though no powerhouse....is a legit team with legit talent....and a QB that can get hot and score points ...though is a bit up and down.

This will be our 1st REAL team since Philly.

Hopefully the team hasn't actually gotten puffed up beating these glorified college teams. Guess we'll find out if the Tweets or podcasts are flowing this week soon enough

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Despite what the records say there is no guaranteed easy game in the NFL. I was certainly expecting a win today, but the Panthers didn't quit or make this one easy on the Cowboys. It took an outstanding 4th quarter to pull away and secure the win, which regardless of record shows this team can make plays down the stretch.