Game Day ***Cowboys vs Panthers Post Game Thread***

shabazz

Reaction score
As I just posted, I’m pleased we won handily, but I still see some tendencies on both side of the ball that concern me, especially when facing a 1-8 team.

it is possible to be happy with the win and still see some things that need to be buttoned up before that 5 game run against winning teams.

Special Shout out to the refs for calling those penalties that are sometimes overlooked when committed against our players.

nobody

Reaction score
As I just posted, I’m pleased we won handily, but I still see some tendencies on both side of the ball that concern me, especially when facing a 1-8 team.

it is possible to be happy with the win and still see some things that need to be buttoned up before that 5 game run against winning teams.

Special Shout out to the refs for calling those penalties that are sometimes overlooked when committed against our players.
Those tendencies have been around for a couple of decades and are multi-coach, which is a product of the culture. It is concerning but not something that is likely to disappear this season. We just have to hope their play overcomes those tendencies. Aside from 3 games this year it has. Unfortunately those tendencies show up more when the team is more tired toward the end of seasons. It is not however guaranteed that it will happen and they might touch on something special and make a run.

The Cowboys were supposed to win. The Cowboys won. It's almost never going to be perfect. Let's sit back and enjoy the win and look forward to the upcoming win against Washington.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Just have to repeat what has been said before. Dallas has the most 20+ point wins since 1978. The 90's teams never blew out this many teams in a full 16 game season. These guys are professionals and its not easy to smoke even bad teams regularly.

I would bet against Dallas winning the super bowl just based on odds. There are a handful of really good teams and none of them have a better than 50:50 shot of winning the title. Dallas is one of those really good teams. If you can't enjoy the ride on a season like this, I would ask why you are a fan at all.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Depends who we win against. If we win against losers...I'm not championing them.

Win against a tough team I'll put them on my back and run through the town.

You can crown beating LOSERS all you want.

I get it...any given Sunday. So when is ours?
They won today. If they had lost, what would you be posting?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can't enjoy the ride on a season like this, I would ask why you are a fan at all.
Ah the old I'm a better fan than you ruse. Good to know that's what you do.

Asking us to do this against good teams mean we aren't a fan. Okay got it..

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That other thread about the Dink and Dak offense being gone didn't age well.

Another outstanding defensive showing.

Just kinda weird though...
They were missing both their starting corners and ranked in the 20s in rush defense.
I was expecting a little more offensive dominance to be honest.

The defense once again was outstanding with pressure, turnovers and a score.
Did you notice Carolina's defense. They had a good scheme and the Dallas line was good but not great.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

I don't care of the opponent, if any team pushes you and you respond that is good football. Once they got within a TD, they marched down the field and scored a TD, then the defensive gets a pick 6. Eagles have won ugly all year long, but nobody cares as they are 8-1. Just keep on putting up wins and they will be in position to make a run!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay....just showing you I know we have to win games against terrible teams

We talked about this before. That we need caution or we might get beat. You never really responded.

So when do WE...beat a better team then? When do WE get our "any given Sunday".
How many better teams in the NFL?
As I have done as well.

So what the problem?
Let me see... Great win! But it doesn't count because I feel you haven't beaten anyone that I deem worthy.

Plankton

Reaction score
A very uneven performance today. Panthers took away the down the field passing game, and forced the Cowboys to work underneath. This was a game where the run game needed to step up, and they didn't. Defense was excellent against the pass and on pass rush, but they showed some cracks in the run game. The Panthers were never really a threat in this game, but the Cowboys looked a bit listless today. Amazing that you could play in a lackluster manner and still win by 23 points - on the road to boot. Shows the overall ability of the Cowboys, and the complete impotence of the Panthers. Kudos to Bland for an outstanding performance, and to Parsons for his dominant play. Also good that they were able to empty the bench in the fourth quarter given the short week upcoming. Washington looks awful coming in.