Game Day ***Cowboys vs Panthers pre-game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivetwos

Reaction score
isn't that an assessment to made made post game?

we haven't seen them play this trap game yet. i mean this is a 3-0 team regardless of who they played. im sure our coaches and players are paying attention..no cheese..

im thinking the giants game will be that game playing down to an opponent coming in over confident especially if we win today...
Could also be we are just used to playing down to the competition under Garrett. Been thinking a lot about this.

Too many times it looked like we weren't prepared to play.

This bunch could be different and has a shot to prove it. I'm confident that they are. Things just feel different.

Bring the A game every week and eliminate mind boggling mistakes.

:starspin:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Didn't realize Osa was that high. Great work by him. Dude is hungry. Whatcha got, Gallimore and Hill? I love that these rookies are showing up veterans. That has as much to do with the attitude change on defense as anything.

Its so great to see players having to earn spots when they get back....Its been a long while but again, I'm starting to see a true coaching staff develop...maybe its just been a while since we have seen that?

Hardline

Reaction score
This game will bring all you overconfident fans back to earth.

And when the game is over you all will be wondering what the heck just happened.

Blake

Reaction score

And when the game is over you all will be wondering what the heck just happened.

Sounds like that’s what you’re hoping will happen. Some “fan” you are.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The last time we faced Sam Darnold, he shredded our defense with the Jets. He's going to test our defensive secondary again. Anthony Brown more so than Diggs. Those of you complaining about Brown are going to be vindicated or silenced. Kellen Moore and Mike McCarthy better have something special planned to counter the Panther's #1 ranked D. I don't see either team breaking the 30 barrier in this game. It just may come down to ST. If that's the case, Bones better be ready for it because if not, I see his job security fading

Carson

Reaction score
The last time we faced Sam Darnold, he shredded our defense with the Jets. He's going to test our defensive secondary again. Anthony Brown more so than Diggs. Those of you complaining about Brown are going to be vindicated or silenced. Kellen Moore and Mike McCarthy better have something special planned to counter the Panther's #1 ranked D. I don't see either team breaking the 30 barrier in this game. It just may come down to ST. If that's the case, Bones better be ready for it because if not, I see his job security fading
That Dallas team was 3-2. They also weren’t a very good team. They were inflated by three cupcakes to start the season … New York, Washington and Miami.

They barely scored against New Orleans and were beat by Green Bay the week before.

They had no Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Smith or Collins. Tavon Austin operated as the #1 after halftime.

That was one reeling team beating a team that looked better as they played weak opponents.

The Panthers offense has been Moore and McCaffrey. With them trading Arnold, their TE room is inexperienced and still growing. Anderson hasn’t done much at all this season. He always shows up against Dallas however

McCaffrey is an elite back. But Hubbard and Freeman are no slouches. Where it hurts them most is the receiving game. McCaffrey was 2nd on the team in receiving. He has 16 catches on 17 attempts, 163 yards. 12 of those went for first downs

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if dak is who we think he is and this team is what i think they are the boys will win this game it may be close but they still win

DallasInDC

Reaction score

I can understand where you are coming from. Fan perception appears to be over confident to me...I feel good we are the better team, but think this will be much closer than some on here think and I wouldn't be completely shocked if we lose a lose game ( Lord knows I hope I am completely wrong).

It will take more than games for me to really feel this team will playoff their ability and not to the level of competition.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this game is going to be a LOT closer and in doubt than folks here expect. Our defense looks good to people because it's not atrocious like last season but they can clearly still be exploited.

McCaffrey being out hurts them but I would still mix it up with misdirection and screens away from where Parsons lines up to a shifty WR. Can't make a bee line to a player when you have to fight thru traffic. I predict a close, close win.

I think it will be a close game also. As I am not sure what to expect. Which is why I say it will be close. No matter who they played, they are still 3-0.
As the defense looks better, but as you said, it can be exploited. Has the run defense been really tested yet. The secondary leaves too many wide open receivers still. They do not get consistent pass rush or sacks. Not to my liking anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.