Game Day ***Cowboys vs Rams post game thread***

Zman5

Reaction score
For the X and O gurus, what adjustment did Wade Phillips made to shut our offense down completely after half time? And i hate our qbs have to do miraculous escapes to make simple plays, seen a lot of Romo do that and now Dak is forced to make houdini kind of plays to move chains or get first downs

I can't tell you the specifics of this game until the All-22 comes out for this game but from watching JG's offense in the past, our main issues is JG's scheme doesn't help the WR get open quickly.

We have slow developing plays that works fine if we can slow down the rush using play action or the OL is blocking well. If our OL isn't blocking well, the rush gets there usually before the receivers can get open. So either the QB has to do his magic (Romo and Dak) to get a big play or we usually end up going 3 and out.

Unlike other good offenses that schemes to help the WR get open, we rely purely on athleticism of our receivers to get open. If the opposing defenses has as good or better athletes, our passing game usually sucks eggs.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll ask again how do you throw a check down pass on 4th with the game on the line?

You'll never be an elite QB with that type of crap. Don't care who you are.

Those are facts
mr CowboyStar88--- it was so so dissappointing to see that check down again .. i knew Zeke was going to be close but not far enough...its crap

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
mr CowboyStar88--- it was so so dissappointing to see that check down again .. i knew Zeke was going to be close but not far enough...its crap

That's just the way that game went. It's not often you get those yards on that play in that situation. They were guarding the line to gain. Still scratching my head over that decision

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Might be best for Zeke to take the 6 games now and get it done.
good idea...and have him lose 10-15 pounds of fat he put on when he looked for comfort food during his beating of his girlfriend investigation

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m gonna die alone on this hill but the Switz screwup was not the turning point. Witten blowing his block on what looked like a well-designed Beas screen followed immediately by Dez dropping a well-placed first down throw is where it went south.

2 vets blowing plays.
dear fish--- you might die alone on that hill....but we are still keeping your memory in our minds

IAmLegend

Reaction score
This game in one photo.

DLE7nBwUIAAlYdm

Reactions: BAT

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
When the game started I was worried without Lee. By the second quarter Gurley was bottled up and wasn't worried. I don't know what adjustments were made by LA at HT but wow. Looks like they figure out when Gurley would be in man coverage and scorched Wilson.

Momentum changed with Switzer muff punt.
Lee was missed. Lawrence didn't contribute as much. Heath played bad. Bench him for Woods. Send a message. Dak missed throws. Witten was covered. Williams dropped passes. O line did not take over. I'm with the majority that if read option is our advantage do it. Don't care. Prescott is not the problem. Coaching is. If you want him to improve in the pocket then he needs reps in the pocket. Lots more double moves by Bryant. Not many pick plays. Agreed that Beas should have been used more. Bottom line I think our coaches suck.

Reactions: BAT

pitt33

Reaction score
pit...he is not accurate and he takes a long time to get ball out of his hand once he decideds to throw...Dak is so big and strong and has the largest hands of any QB in NFL...well tied with one other QB...why cant he whip that ball out fast and accurate like much smaller QB's can do?
He gets too caught up in not turning it over. Cut that thing loose. Qb's who hesitate in this league will not be in the league. The scouts had him as a 4th round pick. They know what their doing. It's like a golfer who plays to his handicap. He plays just like his draft position and scouting report.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Maverick--- a picture of dallas cowboy public enemy #1...we were dominating until he coughs it up
if a team can't overcome a mistake early in the second half, then the team is not very good! I know it's not a common thing for this team, but it is not against the rules for them to create turnovers as well. Crawford had the fumble jump through his hands, that could have won the game for us.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Even my wife commented on the stupidity of continuing to run the ball into 9 man fronts

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
if a team can't overcome a mistake early in the second half, then the team is not very good! I know it's not a common thing for this team, but it is not against the rules for them to create turnovers as well. Crawford had the fumble jump through his hands, that could have won the game for us.
mr cowboy--- oh man now you are getting me going on Crawfords blindness...he looked everywhere but down in his hand