Game Day *** Cowboys vs Rams post game thread ***

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This looked like last year. Anything close and Dallas finds a way to lose. Throw in some bad playcalls, questionable coach decisions, some bend but don't break defense and we were partying like it was 2019.

:hammer:.....nothing has changed...we very well could be worse. :(

Mannix

Reaction score
Was it not enough that my Dodgers were cheated out of a World Series? But I have to also watch the NFL cheat us several times each season too....I can't take this anymore.....it is not all in my head either....it is real almost every time we make a big play.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why are we content to throw 5 yard passes that just eat up clock?
Almost every single pass play had 1 or 2 deeper options.
Either they were covered all those times or Dak preferred the short stuff.
People thinking the play calling had only short passes need to rewatch the game away from where the ball went.

Satchel89

Reaction score
This team hasn't changed...New Coach but still the same bad play calling, Can't tackle and the guys that get paid to make plays don't make them at crunch time....Well at least the Eagles lost to a team with no name

robertfchew

Reaction score
This league is utterly disgusting. How do you make a call like that at the end of a game? Refs literally handing games over

LA is the second biggest market with 2 mediocre teams that shouldn't be there in a brand new 5 billion dollar stadium, they're gonna do whatever they can to prop the rams up to try and get some money back.Even without fans the nfl wasn't gonna let the rams lose that game I called it as soon as they gave mcvey that timeout way after the clock ran out.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Offense completely disappeared in the second half. The Gallup OPI was obviously huge and it was an awful call but that one play doesn’t take away from the giant dump the offense took in the field. Man, given the injuries to the o-line you’d expect some shakiness. Apparently Moore felt the injuries were disastrous (we should have kicked the FG) because everything was dink and dunk the entire second half.

Oh well, at least it’s good to have expectations tempered. We can get better but this team isn’t sniffing a SB.
On the plus side, I don’t have to plan around a possible trip to Tampa at the end of the season. That’s about the only positive I can take from this crap show of a season opener.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Defense did play alot better in the 2nd half. 2nd half seemed like alot of garbage offensively for both teams

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
30 yard field goal to tie the game 20-20 in the 4th?

Nope, let's go for it!

Final score: Rams 20, Cowboys 17

Well done, Fat Mike

tcc0808

Reaction score
Poe is awful... he gets moved off the line by a single dude... his whole “game” is to be a two gap filler and he does nothing but allow himself to be driven to wherever the SINGLE online wants to place him

Cut him and bring in Snacks maybe he still had some fire in him for run defense
He should definitely be cut

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Told us what? Garrett did nothing for 10 yrs. A decade. Your celebrating after one game. Honestly I used to respect you but your MO is to hold your agenda. You look like a fool. You being a monitor here is a joke. Go away

I’m not celebrating. I took a lot of heat because I wanted to address the team’s actual issues over the years. And I agreed that Garrett needed to be replaced last year, and that McCarthy was the best available hire. So don’t twist it.

It’s also the case that we just blew a game on a coaching error by not taking the game tying points, and we’re in for a week of exactly what I said we’d begin for in the process. Because, we’ll, like I said: I told you so.

robertfchew

Reaction score
This team hasn't changed...New Coach but still the same bad play calling, Can't tackle and the guys that get paid to make plays don't make them at crunch time....Well at least the Eagles lost to a team with no name

2 of them did make the play but the nfl didn't approve of it being made at that time.