Game Day *** Cowboys vs Rams post game thread ***

Swagger

Reaction score
To be fair we got a huge break when Smith smashed Goff across the face for the interception which should have been called back and if we are honest that call kept us in the game. So no arguments from me. Bad calls for both teams evened out and cost about the same points.

Positives Aldon Smith. What a performance from a guy who has barely played football over the past 5 years. Seriously impressive. Zeke was very good, showed a lot of spark.

The decision to go for it on 4th and 3 was ill advised imo. McCarthy will have done his analytics but it's a bit like people on here who just regurgitate stats without interpreting them to the actual game. At that point in the game, we really should have taken the three points. If it was 4th and 2 then I could just about understand the decision (and we would have made the first down as we missed it by a yard) but it just didn't feel like the right decision at the time.

Third down completion was a big difference. Rams 9/17. Cowboys 3/12. With the amount of resources pumped into the offense we need to be doing better than that and just scoring 17 points.

Disappointing really. A game that we should have won the way it panned out.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
Welp, week one in the books people. Wish we could’ve won, the OPI call was trash, but it’s week one and there’s a lot of football left to play. I hope the ledge walkers don’t fall off. Have a great rest of the night, and I’ll see you guys and girls next weekend.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
What about his arm talent didn’t you like on his last throw to Gallup?

nothing. An example would be the throw to CeeDee on fourth down in the red zone. Did he run the route too shallow? Probably.

But the difference between a $40 million arm and a $30 million arm is the ability to lead CeeDee on the play and zip the ball in there, thereby negating CeeDee’s mistake.

No, Dak did nothing wrong on the play. But there’s chasmic difference between “nothing wrong” and “elevating a player.”

robbesser

Reaction score
Our entire front 7 is mediocre garbage
We lost this one on offense tbh
Dak was his usual self why he went rolling out to his left on the last play when he needs a 50 yard pass off the wrong foot.... Head scratcher

jblaze2004

Reaction score

Man that play was perfect. In field goal range. Ball inside the 15. Man what could have been. Oh well. Onto game 2.

Btw I wish we would do more bootlegs and use Dak feet more. <-- sounds like last year huh

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
OGC.16dc4b6849ffdb5feefe58c25f86fef0

Sydla

Reaction score
Almost every single pass play had 1 or 2 deeper options.
Either they were covered all those times or Dak preferred the short stuff.
People thinking the play calling had only short passes need to rewatch the game away from where the ball went.

I don’t really care whose fault it is, But 5 yard passes do nothing other than just cost you clock. We literally wasted close to 60 seconds because we threw a bunch of dump offs that netted us about 18 yards.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
It's the NFL. The vast majority of games come down to the last possession. One bad call in such a situation can ruin a team's season.

Seriously? It wasn’t the lone penalty in the game and what abt the miss on ASmiths hit on Goff that lead to the int. Can’t have it both ways. The defense got owned and pushed around that’s the real diff in the game

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Poe is awful... he gets moved off the line by a single dude... his whole “game” is to be a two gap filler and he does nothing but allow himself to be driven to wherever the SINGLE online wants to place him

Cut him and bring in Snacks maybe he still had some fire in him for run defense

:hammer:.....yup get him going one way....he isn't athletic enough to stop. I thought he would be better vs the run....yet he played like a guy that was just there collecting a check. Absolutely no heart. No wonder everybody kept saying Hill looked better....look what they were comparing him to.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’m not celebrating. I took a lot of heat because I wanted to address the team’s actual issues over the years. And I agreed that Garrett needed to be replaced last year, and that McCarthy was the best available hire. So don’t twist it.

It’s also the case that we just blew a game on a coaching error by not taking the game tying points, and we’re in for a week of exactly what I said we’d begin for in the process. Because, we’ll, like I said: I told you so.

So you said Garrett needed to be gone. Check. You said he’s the best replacement. Check. But youre gloating. We lost on alot of things during a weird year. Jerry isn’t affecting things as much as you think. Our love of Zeke is. You can’t jam him
Up the middle. We need to be a GB, no huddle, quick moving team

MikeB80

Reaction score
Almost every single pass play had 1 or 2 deeper options.
Either they were covered all those times or Dak preferred the short stuff.
People thinking the play calling had only short passes need to rewatch the game away from where the ball went.

babe mentioned on that second to last drive that he had lamb on the deep over wide open again but once dak took off to his left it was to late to get it to him.

Pretty much sums up the guys career here to me.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dak made the throw.

Shouldn’t have to make it twice.

thanks refs.

Totally agree, that was a truly BS call by the ref, but even if they didn't call it back, I'm not sure we could've won the game the way we were playing anyway. This offense just didn't play like they should've.