Game Day *** Cowboys vs Rams post game thread ***

Mark

Reaction score
McCarthy lost the game when they went for it on 4th and 3. Should have attempted the FG to tie. With 9 minutes left at the time, there was no need to go for it on 4th and 3.

That drive was killed when they inexplicably ran Zeke up the gut the play before, on 3rd & 6.

RamziD

Reaction score
Then forget the dollar amounts. The difference between elite money and non-elite was on display tonight.
Ok, so you think Dak’s not a top 5 QB. You could have an argument there. It doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be our franchise QB for the next 5 years.

Adreme

Reaction score
no it doesn't because a hand hitting the head shouldn't be roughing. Giving a coach a timeout after he was already called for delay of game and calling made up PI on game changing completions with 20 seconds left are inexcusable. Mentalities like yours is why the nfl refs suck

Whether it should be or not does not change the fact that by the rule it is. Whether you disagree with the rule does not change the fact that Smith clearly committed a penalty that would have nullified the PI (and then two plays later they got away with a big hold which also would have killed that drive). The calls more than evened out so blaming the refs when the problems ran deeper seems silly to me.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
But I’m a fool who told ya so. We both know it. And you’ll be agreeing with me again by the end of the season, whether you admit it or not.

On what? You’re literally making no sense. Are you still blaming Jerry? Garrett was bad for 10 years. So there is no solace in that. I’m honestly not sure what to expect in this weird year. I was disappointed in how the O was run. He needs to just treat Dak like Rodgers and go hurry up. But overall you seem like a Garrett fan or family member helping running a Cowboy board and hoping for the worst. It’s bizarre

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
This was a bad matchup with the OL injuries. They were scared of Aaron Donald inside, as they should be. Looney and Williams are average at-best and so having to face an all-time great like Donald and Brockers is tough. Factor in the rookie RT and that explains the scared/conservative play calling.

yeah this my take too. I don’t think they wanted to see Dak carted off the field.

Dre11

Reaction score
Like i said, when hes still not a head coach next year then whats the excuse? NFL men dont see his greatness like you and idgit? Lol MM already proved himself in the league and its week 1. Pipe down.

again , what was different? stop puffing.

Swagger

Reaction score
He wasn't there last year and go watch the nfc championship game from last season. Rodgers and the packers are frauds.
Yeah they only won 13 games during the regular season - how many games did they win under McCarthy before he was fired?

You make out as though only reaching the NFC Championship game was an awful season for them - when was the last time we did that!?

Tommy

Reaction score
No he was a big reason.

You Garrett guys just can’t face reality. He wasn’t a great coach.
Who here has told you Garrett was a great coach? I’ll answer the question for you. Nobody.

The majority of this forum has pinned every loss on Garrett. The majority of this forum believes our vanilla looking offense is because that is what Garrett wanted. What kind of offense did you see tonight?

I have said that I do not believe Garrett is the reason this team was losing. The problems were personnel. Who looks like they were right after tonight’s game? This forum is crying about the exact same things they did last season.

You might need to think again about who isn’t facing reality.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Ok, so you think Dak’s not a top 5 QB. You could have an argument there. It doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be our franchise QB for the next 5 years.

but it does impact how much of the cap you’re willing to allocate to him. Neil O’Donnell was a nice quarterback, won a lot of games. But you’d never pay him like Aikman or Young.

bigE79

Reaction score
In fairness, Dak made the throw that should have put us in position to tie the game.
In fairness,if Dak would have lead him more instead of gallup having to slow down for the ball,were not having this conversation,imo

coogrfan

Reaction score
Seriously? It wasn’t the lone penalty in the game and what abt the miss on ASmiths hit on Goff that lead to the int. Can’t have it both ways. The defense got owned and pushed around that’s the real diff in the game

Yes, seriously. The officials let both teams play for most of the game, only to fall for a blatant acting job by Ramsey after Gallup beat him deep. I find that...disappointing.

remdak

Reaction score
Everyone wanted a return to normalcy. We got it today. Cowboys coaching decisions questioned and Cowboys once again can't come from behind to win. Patriots QB leads them to victory and Tampa Bay QB throws interceptions. Lamar Jackson looks great and Browns stink. Everything normal!​