Game Day ***Cowboys vs Rams post game thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dude Armstrong just keeps making plays. If there was ever a guy who made plays as consistently with so little fanfare I'm unaware.

He's reminding me a little of Tony Tolbert. Didn't get a whole lot of credit on those 1990s team, but just made plays for us. He's doing a good job taking advantage of the matchups he's getting.

Reactions: CWR

gimmesix

Reaction score
Keys for the win for Dallas
  1. Dan Quinn has the entire defense dialed in well. DL is stout, penetrates well and know how to work through blocks, getting the QB regularly. secondary plays tight

A good example of this is our NT, Bohanna, was out. We brought up Watkins and didn't really miss a beat. Not saying Bohanna is a great player, but we just keep rolling along on defense, even when players like Kearse are sidelined.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Has Trystan Hill worked his way out of dog house? Seems to be playing quite a bit

I was saying we should have cut him rather than Ridgeway because he's not a great run defender and not getting enough pressure as a pass rusher, but I want to be quick to give him credit for making some nice stops against the run today.

vlad

Reaction score
I was saying we should have cut him rather than Ridgeway because he's not a great run defender and not getting enough pressure as a pass rusher, but I want to be quick to give him credit for making some nice stops against the run today.

be careful not being an arrogant Know it all - you won’t fit in in these parts! lol kudos for being stand up!
I had zero clue on him other than knowing he was an
Athletic freak.

Our d line exciting for sure!

gimmesix

Reaction score
be careful not being an arrogant Know it all - you won’t fit in in these parts! lol kudos for being stand up!
I had zero clue on him other than knowing he was an
Athletic freak.

Our d line exciting for sure!

We may not have a Donald-esque interior guy or anything close to that, but those interior players are contributing.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
That's the number one reason why I like Dak.

His INT ratio is great.

he also likes that and to do that he refrains from throwing even a minor risky ball to WRs ( unless WR shows visible separation , atleast of late ) this has been one aspect of his games which has bothered me very much.

pancakeman

Reaction score
He has led the league in QB fumbles 3 times in his career including last season. Not bashing him so much as pointing out interceptions aren't the only type of turnover a QB can have (he does have a very good td to int ratio though).
Which years were those? What I'm looking at says only last year did he lead the league.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
According to retired safety Ryan Clark, Diggs was in cover 3. I just read the comment.

lopey

Reaction score
Great win. Dak needs to be 100% before he returns. And when he does he needs to stick to the game plan and not audible out of run plays.

Carson

Reaction score
Great win. Dak needs to be 100% before he returns. And when he does he needs to stick to the game plan and not audible out of run plays.
Agreed.

I would just wait to put Dak in until he is 100%. A loss to Philly doesn’t kill your season. You get Detroit and Chicago before the bye and are likely 6-2, 5-3 at worst heading into the bye.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Agreed.

I would just wait to put Dak in until he is 100%. A loss to Philly doesn’t kill your season. You get Detroit and Chicago before the bye and are likely 6-2, 5-3 at worst heading into the bye.
I agree.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Meredith to Hayes several times a game got mu juices flowing.

Pantone---- i am so excited about our 2022 Cowboys....we legitimately have Doomsday # 4 and our offense will only get better when Dak finds his groove....Quinn done masterful job as DC...Moore needs

to show he can keep from becoming too conservative....but we have great weapons in passing game...Ceedee...Gallup...Noah Brown becoming legitimate # 2...our TE's good and utilizing Pollard more

as receiver in the flat ....just give him some space and let him go....i liked seeing Zeke do a quick 10-yard scamper too....Pantone---give me prediction...cowboys vs Sheagles?...i may have to lay another

Plat?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We didn't hear McGovern's name called most of the game which is a good thing. People were worried he was going to get eaten alive by Donald.
He actually had a great block against Donald that sprung Pollard on his TD run.

This OL is going to get better and better as the new starters gain more experience.

Zman5---100% correct....it was good for Tyler Smith to take on leagues top defender one on one.....and McGovern is beginning to play better and the rest playing good enough and will only get better
I’m picking Dallas to win 23 -14

dang 3rdEye---you aint messin' around