Cowboys vs. Ravens ***GAME THREAD*** 2nd Half

adamc91115

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2509023 said:
It really does us no good if Romo doesn't show up in the big games. His poor play in important games is becoming a trend and a bad habit. We need a real QB.

I keep asking, what was last week? Not a big game?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Cowboys......Let's have a change in Game Plan Please.

30 minutes left to get our act together.

newlander

Reaction score
THEN SHORTEN UP THE THROWS AND ROUTES..........Red, Romo, the oline and the punter are the reasons we aren't up 7-0. period.

Ren

Reaction score
that one thing he couldn't do in this game he's already done now twice and we're down at half time cause of it :bang2:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Simply put, we cant win when Romo plays this damn bad. What a disappointing first half. Joe Flacco is a rookie from Delaware playing a huge game on the road, and he's doing a better job of throwing than Romo, who's in his 3rd season of starting.

Defense needs to tighten up some coverages. They are playing pretty good, but Romo is just killing us.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Where are the midrange routes, slants, comebacks, etc?

If Romo is hurting and can't wing the real long one, lets stop with the sandlot type throws. It's hard to tell if it's improv or play called? TO is not playing well either. He lost one that he might have had and had 2 "drops" or passes that at least hit his hands, and it he is a Hall of Famer in a big game, you'd hope he'd make a big play!

This offense is gonna cost us, which is a shock. The defense has been fine considering how many plays we keep giving Ravens. This offense isn't on field enough. Choice looked good early, why did we switch away?

LarryCanadian

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
we are gonna need the D to cause some more turnovers... thats the only way we are winning this game!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
All the quitters/crybabies sign up here.

Then when we win this game you'll feel foolish.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
STSINAZ;2509028 said:
he drops balls all day, runs wrong routes...i guarantee you it was him who is wrong on all plays except the last one...i would go away from him and dink and dunk these guys...use TO as a decoy now...use choice alot...the only way to win

The 2nd leading receiver all time doesn't 'suck'. But I don't believe he plays in a manner that would give him the right to demand the football, especially after an embarrassing half like that.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Gotta love the irony of the all time greats in our organization there and clips of our greatest moments being shown while Romo lays a big fat egg. :mad:

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
4miler;2509026 said:
Why did we trade for Williams?
If no one ever throws to him how do we know how good/bad he is? this offense is the Witten/TO show. We have no other receivers, you didnt know that?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Texas Stadium: "It looks just like a Super Bowl ring with the light right there in the middle". That is so appropriate.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
4miler;2509026 said:
Why did we trade for Williams?
Very good question.

I saw if you're going to go deep, then bring in 3 wides, put Owens and Williams on the same side with Owens in the slot, put Austin on the other side alone, have him run a go route.

Send Owens on a deep out to drag Reed with him. Austin should be 1 on 1 with the 3rd CB deep.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
windward;2509043 said:
All the quitters sign up here.

Then when we win this game you'll feel foolish.

win the game or not, we would have won in spite of romo.

WG5516

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2509030 said:
Can you document an instance where Tony Romo has thrown the ball well over 50 yards in the air?

I recall the bomb to Owens against Philly earlier in the year was pretty deep, but outside of that - I don't believe I've seen him 'air one out'.

Come on man, he's hurting. If the opportunities aren't there you can't take the shot. If you and your WRs aren't on the same page you'll see what just happened over and over again. He's no Brady, but his arm strength shouldn't be questioned.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
He doesn't suck, but his every mistake is amplified and put under a microscope.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Nav22;2508999 said:
If T.O. spots that deep ball, Romo's numbers look a lot better and we're up 14-6 right now.

It's not about Romos numbers. It about sucking in important games. And he plays medicore and today and at Pittsburgh very bad. And it wasn't like he was lightning it up last week he just played a medicroe game.

This kid doesn't look like a hard working and on football concentrated player to me. And it drives me mad when i see our QB costing us the game with a defense playing this great. And after the game he will explain the whole world where the problems are and that we should give him time and not judge him because he only played two seasons. He'd better shut up and work some on his bad play.

he should get his head straight and show some seriousness about the game!