Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints Post Game Thread***

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This board is going to piss & moan, whether the Cowboys win or lose.
Yup....I will take the win. 8-4 keeps us in the hunt for the #1 seed. Getting a win on the road was huge....considering it looked like the wheels were coming off the wagon. Now we start stacking wins...

cheyennes

Reaction score
The first goal in football is Win, and we win!!
We had some turnovers yesterday, and help us a lot
We had many problems with the runing qb .
We have many problems at the ofensse
Kellen Moore dont know how to beat agressive defense with press converage
We need our 3 elite wr, the backups are backups.
We have a big problem with the OL, we cant run the football, we cant protect our qb , yesterday un 1 play with 8 man max protecttion, they hit our qb.
Dak another problem to many misses bad reads and he cant read some obvious blitzes, they call
We have 2 good rb but we cant run with our OL or our blocking scheme.

We Win!!!
GO Cowboys!!!

rags

Reaction score
It wasn't a masterpiece, but a W is a W.

We need to work on our run defense if we want to beat Washington next week.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup....I will take the win. 8-4 keeps us in the hunt for the #1 seed. Getting a win on the road was huge....considering it looked like the wheels were coming off the wagon. Now we start stacking wins...

We have zero chance at the 1 seed. We're limping down the stretch of the season and look like an easy out for the real contenders.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Yeah...I seriously think we run the table as long as we stay healthy. We are getting guys back @ the right time. Question is...
What will the NFL do to stop us? Penalties? Covid?
They’ll wait for the playoffs for the penalties, to inflict maximum pain

Thomas82

Reaction score
I was one of the irrational game thread posters. I keep expecting more than what I see, on the field. Dallas plays like they already knows the script. I am thankful for the win, but the utilization of certain players has me bewildered.

I definitely agree with your last sentence.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
On a side note, Watkins has as many TDs as the Eagles' first-round pick, Reagor, without all the drops. :laugh:

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Of all his kicks (I have already forgot how many he kicked) it was the 50 yarder or so that I raised an eyebrow on.
I thought a miss was coming providing good field position for the saints.

same for me. His kicks seem to veer to one side vs most other kickers are closer to splitting the uprights

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pollard was only better than Zeke on 1 play today rest of the game Zeke was better And that is still bad

me gp---- cannot argue especially last point you made....and much of it is our O line who are showing themsleves decent in pass blocking but failing at run blocking

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Trevon for DPOY and Micah for ROY.

mr fan period----- i am just so overjoyed that we have some serious dominant defensive playmakers and they are still so young.......i am really happy the job our DC Quinn has done

yes he has some good talent but he gets all to buy in and last night we even got Carlos Watkins D-tackle doing a pick 6....4 INT's spread around different players....its like a brotherhood

that if our offense could catch same demeanor aint no one who could beat us....Ok maybe that is over the top i get it.....but coaching is so huge of a factor ...look what Belichek does with what he has

...yes off year when Brady left but he super adjusted and now Pats are a force and i hate the Patriots ( only cause all they did was win and its jealousy )....but i must give respect both to Beliceck and Brady

both of them will continue to adjust and re-adjust until they have formula that works.....and NFL is best of the best so in my lowly opinion coaching such huge factor......i got so sick and tired of Garrett's we

just line up and we do what we do attitude....every game different ...match ups different....adjustments must be different if you want to put your players best position to succeed...sorry i went on and on i will shut up now

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
146 yards rushing......

Gave up 1 sack..........

Prescott 26/40......238

:popcorn:

mr Floaty----yes sir you are correct on stat numbers ....take away 58 yd scamper by Pollard and 33 yd scamper by CeeDee....54 yards on 20+ carries.....but i do agree we cant take those scampers away

for its all part of the game....i believe you will agree our O line does better than decent pass blocking but they have declined significantly in run blocking....this can be fixed....i am hoping the "mini bye" of

10 days will give enough time for O line coaching to make adjustments....we got the horses on the O line to be top 3 in league or very worst top 5....just like DC Quinn what he has done with defense

in comparison with horrific job last years DC did?.....adjustments and right motivation will do a night and day change.....i am willing to make a PLAT Guarantee or even Titanium Guarantee ( only have had

one Plat go in toilet this year...but not bragging...last year Admin had to block Plats because they wall went into toilet...i totally get it they were right)....but i am so confident you will see a far better Cowboy

team after this 10-day off period before we play Washington.....and we will beat the snot out of the No Name team

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Trevon for DPOY and Micah for ROY.

mr fan period----this response is to the humble question you asked if it is selfish for Zeke to continue to play when its obvious he is hurt?.......my lowly opinion is a total YES YES YES

come on man....rest Zeke let him heal for the final push and playoffs...put Pollard # 1 back and we got decent backups on our 12 man practice squad to be # 2 RB...just for a couple of games

because if you count this 10-day mini bye period Zeke could get close to a month to rest knees and ankles and we know he is a warrior but he is not same back he was 2016.....Zeke purposely

for a long time never veered away from contact because most time he put the hurt on any defender....but it takes its toll....in my lowly opinion....there has only been a handful of Running backs

i would pay second contract for and Zeke is not one of them....he no longer has long speed and has lost "twitch" he once had.....dont get me wrong i am not putting down Zeke he is a warrior

but its SELFISHNESS on part of coaches to keep him as # 1 back when he is obviously injured.....i hope so much we dont get rid of Pollard and if we have to then eat monies owed to Zeke

but we have to get another RB to accompany Pollard for next year....but i dont know anything only a fanatic fan

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
mr Floaty----yes sir you are correct on stat numbers ....take away 58 yd scamper by Pollard and 33 yd scamper by CeeDee....54 yards on 20+ carries.....but i do agree we cant take those scampers away

for its all part of the game....i believe you will agree our O line does better than decent pass blocking but they have declined significantly in run blocking....this can be fixed....i am hoping the "mini bye" of

10 days will give enough time for O line coaching to make adjustments....we got the horses on the O line to be top 3 in league or very worst top 5....just like DC Quinn what he has done with defense

in comparison with horrific job last years DC did?.....adjustments and right motivation will do a night and day change.....i am willing to make a PLAT Guarantee or even Titanium Guarantee ( only have had

one Plat go in toilet this year...but not bragging...last year Admin had to block Plats because they wall went into toilet...i totally get it they were right)....but i am so confident you will see a far better Cowboy

team after this 10-day off period before we play Washington.....and we will beat the snot out of the No Name team
There is nothing wrong with the offensive line...think Pollard proved that. It's the slower than molasses to the hole...Zeke....that's the problem. Guy just looks for contact...constantly. There could be a 12ft hole...and that guy would find one of our own guys to run into his back for a 2 yrd gain.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well there you go.[/QUOTE

YO Paint----- 8-4 heading into mini bye period.....i'll take it as we get Gregory back and DLaw even gets more and more back to self and Gallimore and Trysten Hill only had to sit out Saints game we get

him back...with much healthier Cooper and Lamb and hopefully Zeke has enough rest for injury or please sit and rest him for final push.....we got the horses on defense and offense i just hope

coaching can get offense especially O line with adjustments to "buy in" this seaons's brotherhood of cowboys that defense has....if our O line gets super motivated and right blockers in right

position then our run blocking up to par with pass blocking....and last night Dak did make some super NFL pro throws into super tight windows and leading receivers open....He needs the time and

confidence he will get the time....man.......Cooper, Lamb, Gallup at close to 100% healthy and same with Dak and O line???.....and Shultz can fully heal up from last night too.....sorry for talking too much

but we will beat those No Namers from Washington in 10 days

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is nothing wrong with the offensive line...think Pollard proved that. It's the slower than molasses to the hole...Zeke....that's the problem. Guy just looks for contact...constantly. There could be a 12ft hole...and that guy would find one of our own guys to run into his back for a 2 yrd gain.

Floaty--well i cannot argue Zeke loves contact too much....but remember before even when no holes he would push pile at least 3 yards....and he use to have better than decent "twitch" and long speed

he no longer possesses those

Thomas82

Reaction score
tried to find a solid argument against what you agreed with....but i cannot find it

Man, this team has been using its players wrong for the longest time. For instance, whether he's healthy or not, I don't get the insistence of Moore on giving Zeke delayed handoffs out of the shotgun.