Game Day *** Cowboys vs Seahawks post game thread ***

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak routinely puts up 300 against bad defenses. He's better than a back up. But he's not close to elite. He's not close to great.

And the D isn't an excuse, they suck. It's totally unrelated to how good or bad Dak plays. The D is pathetic.

I respect your take, because you don’t take it personal. I do think the D is an excuse, when you are giving the ball back consistently, making the defense tired. That being said, Dak has shown just how ‘good’ he is when he loses even one skilled player.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Welp....I'll just put this right here...:popcorn:

Ei9sh7lU4AEpUtR

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Why can’t we use our backs...Pollard..like Saints use Kamara? I see these well designed plays out of the backfield and it looks so good...and foreign

Dre11

Reaction score
I think a lot of the team’s issues are having to deal with critical injuries in key positions and learning on the fly because of COVID and a shortened training camp with no preseason. I don’t want to see a death spiral of media criticism towards MM after three games.

I’ve seen bright spots. Haven’t you?

the bright spot is offense, but we've seen that over the years, we've never fielded a good enough defense since damn near the 90's.

Shane612

Reaction score
Dak does need to step up in big games and bring home wins. That’s an area he’s got to improve obviously but don’t forget it’s a team game unlike any other sport.

I believe we are going to win this division and if we can stop the injury plague and get healthy, we are going to be a very different team by the end of the season.

To be fair, you don't need a super QB to win NFC East.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Through three games of the Mike McCarthy era, the Cowboys have held a lead for 14 minutes and 23 seconds. That's 8 percent of total game time thus far.

So what does that say? Defense can't hold a lead????

jjktkk

Reaction score
I think that there are a LOT of issues. Plenty before we get to trying to blame it on the quarterback.

I'd start with a defense that can't stop anything. Run, pass, pass rush, can't hold a lead. Not only did they give up the lead with a touchdown, they gifted a two point conversion while they were at it.

They put the offense in a position of zero margin for error.

Then I'd look at special teams that bungled a kickoff that led to a safety and loss of a possession and then blew two extra points.

The quarterback's mistakes are way down that lost.

If he doesn't make the plays that he does, the Cowboys are never even in that game.
The problem is, fair or not, the QB's mistakes are magnified just because of the position he plays as well as being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. It also doesn't help that it was 3rd down when Dak threw that pick. And, fair or not, I also factor in Dak's contract. I admire Dak's never quit attitude, but the timing of that interception was horrible.
Welp....I'll just put this right here...:popcorn:

Ei9sh7lU4AEpUtR
A lot of this I attribute to Wilson's ability to avoid the rush, sense the rush, and buy time in the pocket. Dak is nowhere near Wilson's level in these departments.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is, fair or not, the QB's mistakes are magnified just because of the position he plays as well as being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. It also doesn't help that it was 3rd down when Dak threw that pick. And, fair or not, I also factor in Dak's contract. I admire Dak's never quit attitude, but the timing of that interception was horrible.

You have to ask yourself HOW and WHY things came to that.

How did a three man rush get to the quarterback two plays in a row?

Why did Connor Williams block NOBODY while never even looking to his left?

There's more to it than "the quarterback".

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak had around 3.2 seconds to throw last year against the Vikings, meaning the most time that week. Dak-stans will say Dak carried the team then. Now they’ll blame the defense for RW.