Game Day *** Cowboys vs Seahawks post game thread ***

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frustrating to see all the illegal contact calls made against our defense on crucial plays today yet the Seahawks were doing the same things and seeing the same contact go with no flag in all these other games.
Right!

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Lol any team in that scenario- down one with all their timeouts, four downs to get any first down they need, and over four minutes to drive to score will be favored to win the game. It’s like a probability fact. It has nothing to do with Dallas.

Well all the books had it between -105 or -115.

Slight probability. Easy money. Especially when going against our soft defense.

Shane612

Reaction score
I'm not saying this loss is on Dak, but it seems like he's the type who'll put up some good stats, but wont have anything to show for it.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it was a collective team loss, but there are some guys that shouldn't hang their heads. Coaches, you aren't on that list.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Like I said in the pre-game thread...if we don't turn the ball over...I like our chances. Dak....2 INTs...and a fumble. :(

Yet we still had 522 yards of offense. Defensively....we are getting worse...not better.

Rams-20pts
Falcons-39pts
Seattle...should have been 45pts...:(

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think that there are a LOT of issues. Plenty before we get to trying to blame it on the quarterback.

I'd start with a defense that can't stop anything. Run, pass, pass rush, can't hold a lead. Not only did they give up the lead with a touchdown, they gifted a two point conversion while they were at it.

They put the offense in a position of zero margin for error.

Then I'd look at special teams that bungled a kickoff that led to a safety and loss of a possession and then blew two extra points.

The quarterback's mistakes are way down that lost

If he doesn't make the plays that he does, the Cowboys are never even in that game.

Agree! There are many things on my list that bother me more....stupid penalties(Hill), sloppy assignments, a D that can’t get off the field and put us in holes. There wasn’t a moment today I thought we were out of it or that Dak couldn’t win the game. But like the Romo days you can’t start sloppy as a team and depend on furious comebacks. I still think Moore needs work. You ended last week with quick drops and moving the ball. First drive the same snd even used more crossing patterns that have been missing. Then we went right back to run up the middle and Dak with a 5 step drop with a beat up Oline. There is no identity.

jnday

Reaction score
What value is there in a 33 touchdown, 11 interception season? That’s what he did last year and is likely to do this year.

what’s that worth?
Those stats means very little when their record was 8-8. Those garbage time stats don’t translate to wins.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said in the pre-game thread...if we don't turn the ball over...I like our chances. Dak....2 INTs...and a fumble. :(

Yet we still had 522 yards of offense. Defensively....we are getting worse...not better.

Rams-20pts
Falcons-39pts
Seattle...should have been 45pts...:(
Truth. Bright spot is Aldon Smith.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Still infuriated on that illegal contact call on Jaylon.

I'm no rules expert, far from it. But the QB being outside the pocket wiping away any potential illegal contact is pretty basic from a rules standpoint.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Well at least Texas is ahead of the state of New York..2-4 vs 0-6... Oh Wait, Buffalo is in New York too..We Lose...

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's a maddening loss, as once again we beat ourselves with numerous basic, but big mistakes. The Seahawks made one and had no turnovers. We let this W slip away.

Dre11

Reaction score
I think a lot of the team’s issues are having to deal with critical injuries in key positions and learning on the fly because of COVID and a shortened training camp with no preseason. I don’t want to see a death spiral of media criticism towards MM after three games.

I’ve seen bright spots. Haven’t you?

man, this team has the same problems it's always have, the issue is with the organization structure, the way they won't pay attention to the defense unless it's with cheap spare parts, if this team had ever put a defense together that complimented the offense all these years they would've had another Superbowl by now. then when you talk about thenteam as as a whole, the owner and CEO is the face of the team, they have the loudest voice in the media and amongst the team. they create an aura of self destruction , the players seem to fall right in line with it, with entitlement and self proclaimed stars.

jnday

Reaction score
That last one too? If you think that, you're practicing willful ignorance of everything that led up to that desperation throw.

It's all on him. Nobody else on the entire team stepped up outside of Dak. If he doesn't make the plays that he does, we're never even IN IT.
I am not blaming the entire loss on a Dak. I have not said one thing that implies that. That last interception killed what chance they had to win considering that it was third down and throwing it away would have least given the team one more shot at winning. One made some good plays and made several plays where he showed questionable judgement. He is not entirely responsible for the loss, but he failed on several plays that definitely contributed to the losing effort. He is still following the same pattern as he has in the past by putting up big stats that don’t translate to wins. A lot of it goes back to his inconsistency.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he'll be gone when someone else can afford to pay him next year and we can't. But, if it's any consolation, we're able to pay Lawrence and Crawford about $30 million this year...
:facepalm: Ministers in heaven defend us. Saints preserve us. Jerry loves him some no shows.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not blaming the entire loss on a Dak. I have not said one thing that implies that. That last interception killed what chance they had to win considering that it was third down and throwing it away would have least given the team one more shot at winning. One made some good plays and made several plays where he showed questionable judgement. He is not entirely responsible for the loss, but he failed on several plays that definitely contributed to the losing effort. He is still following the same pattern as he has in the past by putting up big stats that don’t translate to wins. A lot of it goes back to his inconsistency.

And you're willfully ignoring everything else that happened.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I'm not saying this loss is on Dak, but it seems like he's the type who'll put up some good stats, but wont have anything to show for it.

Dak does need to step up in big games and bring home wins. That’s an area he’s got to improve obviously but don’t forget it’s a team game unlike any other sport.

I believe we are going to win this division and if we can stop the injury plague and get healthy, we are going to be a very different team by the end of the season.