Game Day ***Cowboys vs Seahawks Post Game thread***

TheJynxedOne

Reaction score
Horrible game from a defensive standpoint but a great game for the team to find a way to win despite some questionable decisions. Good teams find a way to win when things aren't going there way; that's what the Eagles have done all year. Cannot say anything about the refs; we got a lot of calls and some questionable ones.
D was surprisingly off despite having a week to prepare, D line could not get pressure on Geno (until when it counted) but LB and secondary were simply horrible! A lot to clean up with 10 days to get ready for the Eagles which I think will lose to SF who is a far better team if not the best in the NFL so far. GO COWBOYS!

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Parsons walking in towards locker room lets out a whew, his facial expression let it be known they were in a game...a very hard earned game!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
For everyone screaming about this being a bad performance…remember the eagles beat the 6-5 bills in OT at home last week 37-34. Seattle was a desperate team tonight and it showed. Cowboys being in a tight game against a team giving its all is a good experience for this team
I knew this was going to be a tough game as Seattle was a desperate team and they maybe looking ahead to the Eagles.

bigE79

Reaction score
Let's say it together: A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN. I'm still on the edge of my seat. This is the first nail biter all year (moreso than the Chargers game). I don't like it, but we came out on top and now maybe we're a little battle tested. Daddy Dak was phenomenal. Did we score on every drive except when we went for it? Amazing. Defense? I don't know. I'm very disappointed. We've got to do better. But if ever there was a time for J-Lew to make plays and Micah to come through, this was it. They didn't disappoint. Bryan Anger had a easy night. Brandon Aubrey is still automatic. Mike McCarthy makes me scratch my head, but we got it done. 9-3 and still alive. I'll take it. Oh yeah, I don't want to hear any complaints about CeeDee. He had some drops, but no one is perfect. He was great out there tonight. What about Fergie? He has swagger and don't take no stuff. Jumping over dudes and staring them down. I love him.

What does this mean going forward? I honestly don't know. We've got to do better, but I'll celebrate this one and worry about it later. Yeeeaaahhhh. Here we gooooooo!
He yeah my friend, great post...love this damn team, Seattle played their best game all year and we still beat them even when we were not playing up to our best..love it..Go Cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Thought Seattle did a good job of following through on getting the ball out of Geno's hands quickly, and we weren't prepared for it. Normally, when teams throw quickly to avoid pressure, it plays into our hands. But we did not do a good job overall in the secondary of making them pay for those quick passes. That's usually one of our strengths. I think we just didn't expect the game plan. When we did, such as the two pass breakups by Lewis late, we broke on the ball and made plays. They got us over the top a couple of times, but really we just didn't adjust well to their quick passing.

Plankton

Reaction score
This game was borderline unwatchable in the second and third quarter with all of the penalties. Absolutely brutal watch.

The defense was non-existent for much of the night, but they came through when they needed to. The offense played pretty well - Prescott was terrific, as was Ferguson. Lamb had a couple of dropped passes, otherwise played solid ball tonight. The offensive line, especially Tyler Smith and Terence Steele, were horrific in pass protection. Complete step backward tonight.

And, if you're Mike McCarthy, you can't make that playcall on third down on the last offensive drive prior to the FG attempt. The Seahawks are out of timeouts - run the ball, and at worst, you drain 30-40 additional seconds off the clock. Another case of this team sucking when it comes to attention to detail. They were fortunate that it didn't come back to bite them.

Good to have the mini-bye. The game was physical tonight, and the extra rest will help. Here's hoping for an even more physical game on Sunday for the Eagles against the 4
9ers, and a Philly loss.

TheJynxedOne

Reaction score
I am still surprised Dak threw in the end zone on the last 3rd down play. Yes, if they had scored a TD it would have been over then, but with 1:46 remaining, and no time outs for Seattle, I would run it, run Dak, anything to keep the clock running and then kick the FG to leave 1:00 or less on the clock. Really need to be smarter in those situations.