Game Day ***Cowboys vs Seahawks Post Game thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not sure what D.K. Metcalf's numbers looked like in the 2nd half versus the 1st half, but I did notice that it appeared that Quinn had Gilmore traveling with Metcalf in the 2nd half. Metcalf seemed quiet in the 2nd half.

Gilly is so good and such a technician that the Cowboys fan base doesn't even see what he brings to the secondary. Re-sign him if you can and if he still wants to play.
Noticed that, too. Was happy that Quinn made that adjustment. If you are going to play man, but one of your CBs is struggling with his assignment, at least switch up the assignments.

gimmesix

Reaction score

As usual, giving all the credit to one player is silly. If the defense had not finally stepped up and made some stops, we would not have won this game.

In fact, that's what left me feeling good about this victory. In the past, it would have been our defense coming up small with the game on the line. This time, the defense stepped up late after a poor outing and closed the deal when we needed them to.

There are so many times in the past where Romo and Dak were the QBs having to try to pull off a TD drive in the final two minutes of a game because of a defensive lapse. This defense kept it from all being on the QB's shoulders at the end. Dak had to play a great game, and he did, but the defense didn't let it be all for naught.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I really thought some of those runs up the gut would go to Luepke.
I know that last week one of the main reasons we ran outside was because Washington's defensive strength is up the middle, but I really hoped it was a sign that we were shifting the running game some to try to make it more effective. Handing off to Luepke would have been another sign. But it appears that we're just going to continue running Pollard between the tackles and be satisfied with the few times a game where that works out well.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I just now finished watching the game.

At the beginning of the 4th quarter my wife took my blood pressure and promptly turned the TV off. I had to wait until the game was over, then resume the game on Amazon. By then, of course, I had checked the score and seen that the Cowboys won.

It sucks but my wife gets nervous when my heart races. I tried to explain to her, unsuccessfully, that my heart has obviously acclimated itself to experiencing rapid rates once a week during the
last four months of each year. It's just part of being a Cowboys fan. She didn't buy it.
Yeah, I mostly just watch these games recorded after finding out the score to avoid the racing heart. I subjected myself to it tonight because of a free Amazon Prime trial.

tomokawan

Reaction score
As usual, giving all the credit to one player is silly. If the defense had not finally stepped up and made some stops, we would not have won this game.

In fact, that's what left me feeling good about this victory. In the past, it would have been our defense coming up small with the game on the line. This time, the defense stepped up late after a poor outing and closed the deal when we needed them to.

There are so many times in the past where Romo and Dak were the QBs having to try to pull off a TD drive in the final two minutes of a game because of a defensive lapse. This defense kept it from all being on the QB's shoulders at the end. Dak had to play a great game, and he did, but the defense didn't let it be all for naught.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and while. This defense put the offense in position where they had to score everytime. Not one stop up to 35 freaking points. They were awful. They have to play better. They got lucky Seattle dropped a couple of passes. I am not happy with that defensive performance. Dak and the offense won this game!! And you have a problem with praising Dak for this game??? And praise the defense??

gimmesix

Reaction score
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and while. This defense put the offense in position where they had to score everytime. Not one stop up to 35 freaking points. They were awful. They have to play better. They got lucky Seattle dropped a couple of passes. I am not happy with that defensive performance. Dak and the offense won this game!! And you have a problem with praising Dak for this game??? And praise the defense??
They made multiple stops at the end of the game. Dak absolutely deserves praise for his performance, but without the defense making three consecutive fourth-down stops, we'd be praising him in a loss. No one is saying the defense wasn't awful for most of the game, just that it stepped up with the game on the line. Without it doing that, we'd likely be viewing Dak's performance in light of a losing effort.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I read someone's comment on here, can't remember who, but it's true. With the stretch of 3 games we had it's much tougher on the defense. They'll be fine with the extra days off.

RoboQB

Reaction score
SF is frothing at the mouth to play Philly.
In ten days, Philly will feel the wrath of Daddy Dak and the Cowboys.
A week later, Philly goes to Seattle, who will be in position to fight for
the 7 seed.

They could absolutely have a 3 game slide.

Then again, they beat KC in the rain and Buffalo in the rain.

starfan1

Reaction score
I just now finished watching the game.

At the beginning of the 4th quarter my wife took my blood pressure and promptly turned the TV off. I had to wait until the game was over, then resume the game on Amazon. By then, of course, I had checked the score and seen that the Cowboys won.

It sucks but my wife gets nervous when my heart races. I tried to explain to her, unsuccessfully, that my heart has obviously acclimated itself to experiencing rapid rates once a week during the
last four months of each year. It's just part of being a Cowboys fan. She didn't buy it.
Be safe my man this team isn’t worth impacting your health

No team is

DCwarrior

Reaction score
What a way to gut out a win. D looked bad all game but stepped up in most critical time. Dak played great and offense carried the D. Hopefully our boys grew up tonight and learned how to win close games.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Not sure what D.K. Metcalf's numbers looked like in the 2nd half versus the 1st half, but I did notice that it appeared that Quinn had Gilmore traveling with Metcalf in the 2nd half. Metcalf seemed quiet in the 2nd half.

Gilly is so good and such a technician that the Cowboys fan base doesn't even see what he brings to the secondary. Re-sign him if you can and if he still wants to play.
Your right about the switch but I also think Gilmore had help over the top unlike Bland.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I still have questions about clock management during the end of regulation. The game flow seems much better minus a couple of early hiccups, especially compared to the past play calling. But there are still times I'm like what the hell are you doing? They either don't hurry enough or they help the opposing team by preserving the clock. But overall I'm happy with how the offense has improved and been pretty consistent.
Pollard looked better. Lamb is a damn alien. Dak plays clean. O line is doing ok.
The defense, specifically the safeties are a bit weak IMO