Game Day Cowboys vs Steelers post game thread

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If the Steelers didn't go for three 2-point conversions, and miss on all of them, we would have been down 4 and we never would have run Zeke with 15 seconds to go in the game. That's gotta be killing Tomlin.

Edit: Or was it 5? I lost count. Same deal though.

As I said, it was idiotic, especially in the 1st quarter. They were chasing those 2 lost points all game.

calico

Reaction score
37667405.jpg

Slim_JD

Reaction score
With Romo in at QB the cowboys have the opportunity to be the greatest show on turf. Dak just didn't impress me today. especially against a 4-5 Steelers team.

Scotman

Reaction score
You know, everyone needs to cool their jets. We haven't played the ravens yet. They lead their division. Flacco has game....HA HA HA HA...just kidding...

I don't know how many more games we will win, but there are no more tests to pass. The only team in the NFC capable of beating the Boys is...the Boys. Unless we trip over our own feet, we should have a genuine shot of winning the rest of our games.

Reaction score
The key to the game for me? The defense holding the Steelers to 2 FG's in the 2nd quarter when they got inside our 15 both times. Then the FG Pitt missed just before the half. Now add in the 2 points the Steelers took off the board going for 2 pointers early in the game after their two 1st quarter TD's.

We won by 5. Holding them to FG's and denying their stupid early 2 point attempts was HUGE.

Bend don't break bay-be! It only works if your offense is putting up points though...

CWR

Reaction score
With Romo in at QB the cowboys have the opportunity to be the greatest show on turf. Dak just didn't impress me today. especially against a 4-5 Steelers team.

Lol it takes alot to impress you.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Offense came through huge in the 4th, but needs to be recognized: we were screaming at the defense all day, but their stopping two 2-pt conversions early and then holding Pitt to 2 FG's when they got into the red zone in the 2nd quarter, that is huge. Just 1 of those 2 pt conversions being made plus 1 of the FG's they made being a TD instead, and Pitt has 6 points difference.

It's a season high given up by the defense, but realize how much WORSE it could have been if Pitt was making those 2 pt conversions and scored just 1 more TD in the 1st half instead of being forced into 3 FG tries, one of which they missed.