***Cowboys vs Texans 2nd half game thread***

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Well at least you know who you are lol
Yes and you lol trying to figure out lol who your are? Ask your teacher what the word hypocrite means and when she lol. Look it up as you look in the mirror. Then lol.
love those snappy cowboy fan comebacks.

Tawney88

Reaction score
The defense has been much better than I expected for the year. I was disappointed they allowed the Texans to score at the end if the game but much better play this year. Hope it keeps up

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The pass to Dez in OT had me going Oh No when Romo left it go.

He clearly threw it up for grabs because of the pressure, but sometimes you have to do that to see if your man can come down with it or get an interference call.

Zordon

Reaction score
I look at it like this. Your team isn't going to hit on all cylinders every week. This week the offense was the disappointment. We should have been throttling this team by half-time. Turnovers and failed conversions held us in check. This much maligned defense kept us in the game long enough to let the Special Teams unit and the offense make a play when it was needed to win. Even the best of the best teams win ugly every once in a while. I'm super encouraged by the psyche and never say die attitude of this football team. Ugly win or not.

You're right. I actually think this is best for this team. A convincing win before Seattle would have had our heads up in the clouds. Now we have a lot to work on all week but we keep the win. It's a win, win. Bisaccia will be lighting into his boys all week.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
We just beat a good team, that really really wanted to beat us. That is a good win!

The last 2 1/2 minutes in regulation were scary, .. but we took it from them in OT.

That is why I like the NFL version of OT, .. defense offense and special teams all play a part.

Our defense stopped them, forced a punt, and then our offense took it the length of the field.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
You're right. I actually think this is best for this team. A convincing win before Seattle would have had our heads up in the clouds. Now we have a lot to work on all week but we keep the win. It's a win, win. Bisaccia will be lighting into his boys all week.

Hell yes he will. And it will be good for them. The last time we went to Seattle, the whole debacle went south with the opening kick off (freaking F. Jones). This week is an excellent teaching opportunity for the coaching staff without the weight of a loss to teach under.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
The defense is better but we need a pass rushing threat. I feel like the secondary is underrated. Our backers are underrated. We just lack talent on the line of scrimmage.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Great win didn't think Texans D would stifle the offense so much. Those 2 TO in scoring position hurt. Shouldn't have made it to OT. Rooms int was terrible. Murray's fumble equally heartbreaking

... and that's what made this win sweeter. We need to get our act together ... don't be "playing all oozy":yourock:

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Kind of an ugly game but the important thing is that the team is finding ways to win instead of finding ways to lose. I am excited.

Plankton

Reaction score
A win is a win.

It wasn't pretty, they made a lot of mistakes - turnovers, dropped passes, blown gap assignments in the run game, penalties on special teams, a delay of game penalty coming out of the two minute warning. Definite hangover effect off of last week's game.

And, despite the efforts to blow it, they managed to win. Romo has his confidence back in his legs and back. His efforts to evade Watt on the eventual touchdown pass to Williams was a turn back the clock moment. Bryant made a hell of a play taking that third down pass away from Johnathan Joseph in OT. Murray ran hard until he was out of gas. Bailey redeemed himself after his miss at the end of regulation.

The defensive line reemerged as a concerning area today. Their gap discipline was awful in the second half, and led to a bunch of chain moving gains by Arian Foster. They got very little pressure in this game. I see some cracks in this group that need to be shored up, but I'm not sure that coaching in this case can correct a lack of talent.

I'm not thrilled that the coaching staff was willing to settle for 53 and 49 yard kicks when they could have gotten it closer. I suppose what matters is the end result.

I didn't expect 4-1 at this point of the season going in. TBH, I expected no better than 7-9 for the season. The games have been very enjoyable due to diminished expectations going in, and winning 4 of the 5. On to Seattle. Hope McClain's injury isn't serious - they will need him against Marshawn Lynch and company.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Yeah, but we'll most likely be playing w/o Big Ro. Did you just see how we were being gashed up the middle after he went out? Lynch is licking his lips right about now.

said the same thing to my wife and son...not word for word mind you..but

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Sloppy game, very lucky to pull out the W.

If we play like this against the Seahawks, the game will be over at halftime.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
So Romo says today felt like an away game and they had to go to a silent count in their own stadium.

What a fan base.

He flat out went at the local fanbase in the post-game presser and he was spot on. Loved it.

MissouriCowboy

Reaction score
The defense is better but we need a pass rushing threat. I feel like the secondary is underrated. Our backers are underrated. We just lack talent on the line of scrimmage.

Agree. Carr and Moore played great today. DE is in order.