Game Day ***Cowboys vs Texans post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was a team win....had the defense not stopped them at the goal line even a Cowboys TD would not have been enough at the end. If you are gonna give credit, give it to everyone who deserves it.

Wow! So, me giving Dak any credit turns into a team win. If they had lost, you and others like you, would put all the blame on Dak.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
1URlwE3.gif
They definitely need to go wash that **** off from this terrible game.

Last edited by a moderator:

lukin2006

Reaction score
I took my dog for a walk after the last INT with 5 left that Dak threw. I missed the ending...but my dog was happy I prioritized her. lol

MS17

Reaction score
No, I want the coaches showing the team the tape the rest of the season. This team was flat, and it showed. The Cowboys coaches need to use the tape to remind the team to never play down to a team again.
To me they looked like a home team that was hung over from celebrating the cruising 54-19 win 7 days earlier. Hung over, yes and "flat". Dak is plain and simple not one of the better QBs when facing effective pass rushers. and it showed today.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To me they looked like a home team that was hung over from celebrating the cruising 54-19 win 7 days earlier. Hung over, yes and "flat". Dak is plain and simple not one of the better QBs when facing effective pass rushers. and it showed today.

Which is why they should keep this tape on hand. This tape should be played after big wins to keep the team in check.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The Cowboys are a snowball team. That is to say, they get a lead and then they let their pass rush go to work on defense. On offense, they run the ball and play action off it to great effect.

When they don't get that snowball rolling, they struggle. Moore panics and goes away from the run and they start running the 15 yard button hooks that everyone sees coming. On defense, they have trouble stopping the run.

If Turpin gets that fair catch, the snowball starts. People won't like to read this but IMO the Cowboys were one muffed punt away from a blowout win.

This is concerning because the team does not execute well in contested games. Good job with the game winning TD against the worst team in the NFL but they couldn't do squat for large sections of the game.

Lastly, turnovers kill Dallas just like any other team. The defense gave up 14 points on 3 short fields (1 stop, 2 TD's). The rest of the game they gave up 9 points. That's a trend. So many of the surrendered points are on short fields.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Against any halfway decent team, Daks last drive would've been wildly celebrated, but against the 1-10 Texans? It only took all day against the worst team in the NFL to eek out a closing seconds win.
I like the 10 wins, but this was the ugliest win I can remember. I'm not angry, I'm seriously disappointed.

we've had many like that in history, 1992 vGiants in 2nd to last game

cowboybish

Reaction score
Its the NFL and the Texans came to claim the Texas title and the Cowboys under estimated them.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Texans were more physical than the Cowboys

Texans D was laying down big hits all game.

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dak again proving he’s one of the dumbest QBs in the league when he has to read the field and he is often the absolute worst player on the field for extended periods of time, and the team still compensated for the the same flaws he exhibits in and out.

The regular season is meaningless for the Cowboys. This is Dak every year and this team is going to live and die by his play, because all the pieces are around him. Any decent QB that has an arm to make throws downfield will thrive in this situation.

This is worse than the INT he threw last year to the Commanders LB in the 4th, except the Texans didn’t get a pick 6. This guy just stares down where he’s going from the go.

Amazes me how this guy just gets a pass from everyone....He's always late with every throw. Can't process information quick enough...mechanics are a mess. Only reason why he starts is because ......well....most people know.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, if I'm going to take one good thing to come from this game, it's that they got the opportunity to learn from experience, without learning the hard way. Hopefully they take advantage of that opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.