Game Day ***Cowboys vs Texans post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
That dumb QB led the team 98 yds for a win.

It was a team win....had the defense not stopped them at the goal line even a Cowboys TD would not have been enough at the end. If you are gonna give credit, give it to everyone who deserves it.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
He was trying to put an exclamation point on the "win". They'd been getting yardage all day running the ball. No reason to think we could stop them on 4 tries.

Gotcha. Looked like their running game disappeared when their RB1 went out.

Cmac

Reaction score
It is, but at the same time if he just catches the ball and we repeat the first drive, it's likely Houston folds.
....Ok....move Turpin to MLB and LVE to punt returner......now that's sacasm. All good.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Very good chance that the last two weeks of the season could be meaningless and we will be locked into #5.
This is why a loss today would not have been the end of the world. So glad we pulled it out though, it means our hopes of getting the 1 seed are still alive.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Only on this board could a comment that Dak manned up on the last drive make people angry.
Against any halfway decent team, Daks last drive would've been wildly celebrated, but against the 1-10 Texans? It only took all day against the worst team in the NFL to eek out a closing seconds win.
I like the 10 wins, but this was the ugliest win I can remember. I'm not angry, I'm seriously disappointed.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is why a loss today would not have been the end of the world. So glad we pulled it out though, it means our hopes of getting the 1 seed are still alive.
I'm not even thinking about the #1 seed after Philly nearly dropped a 50 burger on NY, and we almost lost to the Texans.

@GORICO - Please, no more ludicrous Plats!

Last edited:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s not their MO and if you’ve followed this team for 10 years or so nothing ever comes easy for this franchise

I think sometimes fans expect the cowboys to curb stomp their opponents and that’s rarely gonna happen

nfl is a tough league nothing is a gimme . Now next week is gonna be tough as well

Been a fan since age 6 (1970). The last ten years mean nothing to me. This team needs to be better. No one is expecting a "curb stomp" every game, but we do expect consistency.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The biggest concern from this game is the injury to Steele and Hankins. Ball looked terrible and the run defense is already our biggest weakness.

Yup, and the miscues were concerning. We are a very lucky team in that 1. It was the Texans and 2. That it wasn't Philly. If we play like that against Philly, it'll be over by halftime.

Surfguy

Reaction score
There is something to it where bad teams can have really good games against really good teams. But, a lot of what happened out there was self-inflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.