Game Day ***Cowboys vs Texans post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I missed the game and ended up watching the highlights through the Redzone channel. Nothing is worse then watching your team on the Redzone channel:laugh::facepalm:. So I pieced the game together as we fumbled a punt that got Houston in the game. We seemed to have no pass rush. The offense seemed to be out of rhythm because of our old defensive tackle Collins. Then we lost our right tackle and 1 tech to injury. Then Pep Hamilton threw the book at us by switching quarterbacks. Am I right?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Against any halfway decent team, Daks last drive would've been wildly celebrated, but against the 1-10 Texans? It only took all day against the worst team in the NFL to eek out a closing seconds win.
I like the 10 wins, but this was the ugliest win I can remember. I'm not angry, I'm seriously disappointed.

Ugly, but still a win, led by Mr. Prescott.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Total crap performance, but a win is a win. They HAVE to play better than that if they want to beat Philly.

Of course, we have reason to be concerned after a game like that, but it's tough to win in the NFL. You make a few mistakes ... and it's a game.

This one reminded me of the Eagles-Colts games. The Eagles also had to drive for a fourth-quarter TD to edge Indy. You'd like to see your playoff-bound team just roll over opponents like the Texans and Colts, but it doesn't always work out that way.

CordovaRaider

Reaction score
I am 100% sure the Cowboys will not win a Super Bowl with Dak…he just isn’t good enough unfortunately

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is why a loss today would not have been the end of the world. So glad we pulled it out though, it means our hopes of getting the 1 seed are still alive.

Yeah, that hope is getting dimmer with each week, but I believe we can wrap up a playoff spot next week, so that's the first step in getting where we want to go.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If this team does make it into the post season , this offense will get owned .

OC Kellen is just not in that level .

I'm not only concerned about that, but this team tends to come out flat in the worst times. We have a better team than we've had in a long time, and the same goes for the coaches overall. But this team still can't shake the fact that they sleep on teams and come out flat at bad times.

starfan1

Reaction score
Been a fan since age 6 (1970). The last ten years mean nothing to me. This team needs to be better. No one is expecting a "curb stomp" every game, but we do expect consistency.

what you or I expect means diddly this is the nfl . Yes consistency would be great but if your sitting on pins and needles expecting it your blood pressure will end up the victim

I’ve been fan since then as well and was 9. All the game thread craziness aside and I’m not saying it’s you

but some of our fans take this crap to serious and I think we were spoiled by our success in the 70s and 90s

it’s much harder to win post salary cap unless yore coached by BB or your qb is Brady

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s not their MO and if you’ve followed this team for 10 years or so nothing ever comes easy for this franchise

I think sometimes fans expect the cowboys to curb stomp their opponents and that’s rarely gonna happen

nfl is a tough league nothing is a gimme . Now next week is gonna be tough as well

That is your take, and what if Dallas blows them out? What will you say?

pitt33

Reaction score
My favorite movie
1URlwE3.gif

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah, that hope is getting dimmer with each week, but I believe we can wrap up a playoff spot next week, so that's the first step in getting where we want to go.

Yes, that is true. However, I don't see us going beyond the division round. I think we can win the wild card round. However, beyond that, I think we will be in big trouble, especially if it's Philly.

Motorola

Reaction score
10-3.
7-5 SEA and 8-4 SF playing now - at home...
Idle WAS & NYG losing today puts them both at 7-5-1; and the NFC rivals play each other next Sunday.
DAL would first and foremost have to implode = going 1-3 or 0-4 down the stretch...to not get the 5th seed \ top wildcard spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.