Game Day Cowboys vs Vikings post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Hold that exact same mental picture,,, now,,, picture it in game#1 playoffs( I can kinda 'picture' Atlanta hanging 40+ on us,,, it's not a pretty thought.)
Every one keeps saying that. It hasn't happened yet. Not scared of Atlanta. They've been almost as bad in the playoffs with Ryan as QB as we have with Romo.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. I'm not convinced DAK is the QB of the future yet. I've seen it before, foles , Rg3 , Duante culpepper , even josh freeman ( before you laugh look at his early stats).i do hope Prescott is because I like him and want him to succeed. But I make my assessment of a young QB after 3 seasons. If we don't improve this passing offense we won't win in the playoffs. It has declined steadily.

We're pretty much in agreement except I genuinely hate Rayne. If I ever bump into him we're throwing hands.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Teams have been stacking the box all year.. the Vikings were no different and they rarely blitzed.. they just got more pressure up front..

Coverage wise they may have thrown some different looks..

Correct, and that's something the Giants are capable of emulating. So in my mind, this whole week should be about blitz beaters for Dak. We didn't have Beasley involved in the game plan the way we should have tonight. Same with Dunbar. Short, concise, efficient passes in the flat can and will beat a blitz. Plus, need to take a few more shots down the field frankly. Dak hit Dez on one...need to do it more. Nothing to be afraid of.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I still can't believe Frederick snapping the ball into his own butt. I'm gonna laugh about it now that we won, but man, that's a new one for me. :laugh:

TheHerd

Reaction score
I am loving how there are some in here worried about style points. 11-1. About what I expected when Tony went down

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Last year, we lost nearly every close game and we complained.

This year, we win nearly every close game and we complained.

We are a fickle bunch.

I guess the last 20 years had turned all Cowboys fans into pessimists

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I'm a Dak fan, I'm happy we won. Just very concerned with he may have hit a rookie wall.

The Vikings defense is really good, both their front 7 and secondary. You are not going to hang 30 on them unless Badford throws 3 picks, maybe not even then.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Giants can't play that scheme. Rhodes is better than any corner they have by a mile. And he was great tonight minus Dez being Dez.

We're talking about Escobar blocking like a figure skater. He killed two drives that I know of. I kept losing my stream so I'm sure I missed some more of his plays. Having him out there is a huge liability and I hope to God we never ever ever take another tight end in the second round again.

Status
Not open for further replies.