Game Day *** Cowboys vs Washington post game thread***

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't even give a **** anymore. As you guys noticed, I didn't show up this week, I didn't post in the game day thread, first time ever. I'm just not investing my time into this ****** team until Garrett is gone.

JS22

Reaction score
The second the spineless idiots called a run I knew it was over. Playing for the tie. And anything 45+ is never a given. Then the penalty of course.

Nice job losers. Officially done with Garrett and his band of idiots. Romo was audibly frustrated towards the end and I don't blame him. Makes me wonder how many times he had to override these idiots and save their *****.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Still our field goal kicker should be able to make it 52-yarder don't know if the penalty got into his head or not he only missed by a fraction well maybe a couple inches lol just our luck we really didn't deserve to win this game anyway the way we played and I apologize to anybody out there that thinks different but facts are facts

As someone that lives the in DC Metro area, I can tell you definitively that the wind has been gusting all day. That penalty was the difference.....like they said in the booth - that was in from 47

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
@TheCoolFan
@Jack Burton

At what point in his career?

Year 3?

Romo was great but we forget his growing pains and hiccups...

Romo Always had really good receivers...

Dak: Washed up league leading in dropping passes my boy with a broken foot bum knee laid it all on the line for Tony Romo and the love of the game, Dez Bryant....

Why wasn’t he allowed to run the entire 3rd quarter? Concussion be damned. Sit him for one series and just run The Zeken if ur scared.

Then unleash him...

Garrett and The O-Line lost this game...

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Awful way to go into the bye week with Skins fans bragging about beating us. Thanks for nothing Garrett and Jerry

blueblood70

Reaction score
Still our field goal kicker should be able to make it 52-yarder don't know if the penalty got into his head or not he only missed by a fraction well maybe a couple inches lol just our luck we really didn't deserve to win this game anyway the way we played and I apologize to anybody out there that thinks different but facts are facts
really outdoors on grass in the wind get over yourselves it was the penaltys all day

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
The odds of scoring the td are maybe what 5% at best there? I would have taken a shot myself but there's a lot that could have gone wrong on a play like that as well and that needs to be factored in. One holding call knocks you back 10 yards.

I think Tony is right that they definitely should have at least spiked it but lets not get carried away here.

irving

Reaction score
LMAO.. "wiping tears from eyes from laughing". We're one quarterback from a good team.
If you think qu
so the penalty is his fault outdoor windy stadium 52 aint easy he hit the upright. DO NOT BLAME THE KICKER
Not true, a 52 yard field goal outside in the elements on a natural field is not a given. Garrett played not to lose as usual and Dallas lost as usual.

gmoney112

Reaction score
It's just bad football. Hard to watch.

Looking forward to Kansas City tonight.

Watching KC is a joy for us who like to watch NFL offenses that actually adapt.

If anyone watches KC tonight, just look at the difference in offensive scheme. Seriously, count how many times they put guys in motion, use play-action, and bootlegs. Look at the alignments they pull out to take advantage of a defense's weaknesses, how much misdirection they use.

And that's not even mentioning route design, clear out routes, isolation.

Maybe one day we'll have a coach that consistently uses even a few of these things.

Dodger12

Reaction score
We had 46 seconds left after the pass to Beasley at the 40. No way you don't take a TO there. We let the clock run down to 12 seconds after Beasley's second catch for a 1st down when that play was over. Instead of having a 2nd and short with 46 seconds left at the 40, we had a 1st and 10 with 12 seconds left at the 30. Utterly disgraceful display of clock management once again.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tony Romo in the booth is better than Jason Garrett on the field.
That last sequences of events was brutal.
You have enough time to either pass the ball or throw to the endzone or spike it and stop the clock.
What do we do? We run the ball in the middle of the field. :rolleyes:
Then we set up a long field goal. And as icing on the cake, we get our customary penalty that knocks us out of field goal range and loses us the game.
UnFREAKINGbelievable.

We had a first down
If we throw, we get multiple bites at positive yardage
Instead, a give up play for a tackle in the field of play and we use our final timeout

Replay of the Ravens game maybe a decade ago

Garrett aint never gonna learn
I wonder if Jerry will pick up on this
He did the other game

This would we the 2nd game in 3 blown with game management by Garrett at the end of the game

Eddie

Reaction score
Bailey makes that kick...Is there any doubt? Yup..I said it. Cowboys deserve this L...just because the front office got cute and cut the best kicker in football. Was bound to come back and bite us in the ***...and there it is. :rolleyes:

Um ... no. Bailey has been missing tons of kicks since his groin injury. He's not the same.

Don't blame it on the kicker. We had our chances.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I bet if you look at the last 100 snaps by LP he does the exact same thing that he was penalized for.