Game Day *** Cowboys vs Washington post game thread***

kevm3

Reaction score
Really?..….it would be great to sit in the film room and illustrate it. Dak's pocket presence and pre-snap reads just aren't showing......and accuracy also is missing. Blame Dez.

Yeah, let's blame Dak for putting us in position to score the game, because he kicks field goals. How about the number 4 running back rushing for around 40 yards and having his yards doubled by a 33 year old rb... let's ignore the O line picking up penalty after penalty.. but this loss is all on Dak

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Dak missed wide open receivers again. He's not without fault. And running in the middle of the field as opposed to running out of bounds to preserve the clock?
We needed the time more than the yards. We had time outs. We were moving into their red zone.
Dak has to absorb some of the fault too.

I’m not saying Dak didn’t come up short or that I wanted him to run at the end, he didn’t run the entire third quarter.. Lots of blame to go around, the o-line was atrocious today....

Alweezy

Reaction score
So almost every single fg I have seen the center move the ball like that. Why not have someone jump offsides like that to force them to call a penalty?

If you think about it, there's really small risk to trying that. The ball moves up 5 yards and the kicker still has to make the kick. You could actually draw a penalty and push the kicker back if it works.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is difficult for me to single out one ref call or one play as the reason for the loss. Basically, the Cowboys played poorly for 3 quarters and that's what lost game. Wasn't thrilled with the play-calling.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Yeah, let's blame Dak for putting us in position to score the game, because he kicks field goals. How about the number 4 running back rushing for around 40 yards and having his yards doubled by a 33 year old rb... let's ignore the O line picking up penalty after penalty.. but this loss is all on Dak

Stop, too much sense...

Cmac

Reaction score
Beaz and Zeke should tell the media....."I guess I have to throw it for him too."

lwehlers

Reaction score
Clear as day this team has two problems. Garrett's conservatism, Dak's indecision.

Everything stems from those two problems

and we are stuck with both of them and no light at the end of the tunnel.

Rajveer

Reaction score
In Romo's third year as a starter, yes, I believe he saw the field much better than Dak is seeing it in his third year. I don't think he would miss nearly as many open receivers as Dak does. I'm not trying to dump on Dak here. He's the starting quarterback. I'm rooting for him to do well. But so far, he's not getting it done on a consistent enough basis for this team to succeed. That's how I see things. You have every right to disagree.

You also have to take in to consideration that Romo sat on the bench and learnt the game for 4 years before starting. Dak was thrown in to the mix in pre season of his rookie year. Not defending or supporting either QBs but the argument has to be fair.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They had a timeout and nearly a minute left. Yet they did basically nothing.

They don't have the QB to do something .......chew on that reality folks....

Cmac

Reaction score
C'mon Now!!!.....that excuse is probably why Dak got a new helmet size.

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Our defense is really good. If we had an above average offense we would have blown the doors off this team midway through the game. Hopefully over the bye week we can get better somehow.