RELEASED Cowboys waive Antwaun Woods

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honestly, I wondering if they need his money to sign another player .........like now. It's almost screaming a sense of urgency ( Heath ????? )

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Prescott doesn't beat out Ehlinger in a fair competition.

Stirring the pot.......

The Mad Chef

aGUO5K13.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott doesn't beat out Ehlinger in a fair competition.
Naw, why would a successful NFL QB have any chance of beating out a 6th round draft pick who has yet to show he can play even at a backup level in the NFL?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Word has it that Jerry ordered Stephen to sign the old RB Ickie Woods from the Bengals, but Stephen thought Jerry said, Antwan Woods (since their first names are so similar). So Stephen signed the wrong player. However It's all good because Jaylon Smith is still the staple of this defense

DRella

Reaction score
I dont understand the release of Woods. He was probably the only DT that made a difference last season. Would have rather had him then Watkins. But I am in hopes this means the clearing of cap space means there is more augmenting to the roster to occur.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Or Woods was part of one of the worst defenses of all time and more that they filled the position with multiple draft guys and free agents its time to get rid of some of these players. I much rather cut them now and let these young guys get these reps

So was Diggs, D-Law, Gallimore, Wilson, et cetera.

The “part of the worst defense...” is a lazy explanation.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am confused as to why we resigned him, but not surprised he was released. Looks like Q and Urban are going to start at 1T. It was going to be a crowded camp at DT, so letting him go makes sense. Let's him go to camp with a different team while we let our players get set in the camps they will attend.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So was Diggs, D-Law, Gallimore, Wilson, et cetera.

The “part of the worst defense...” is a lazy explanation.

I expect more changes at defense, we can't on one hand holler about how poor the defense played then turn around and expect the Cowboys to stay with the same group. I feel bad for Woods but Cowboys needed to free up cap space but I would also say they are looking to replace players on a defense that needs to see changes

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
More like out of the draft when we drafted replacements you hope are better
Woods is a serviceable DT and good locker room guy but he is the definition of a guy you want to replace with more talent when you can
I would prefer to know if the talent drafted is worth replacing him before replacing him though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am confused as to why we resigned him, but not surprised he was released. Looks like Q and Urban are going to start at 1T. It was going to be a crowded camp at DT, so letting him go makes sense. Let's him go to camp with a different team while we let our players get set in the camps they will attend.

Think 3-4 defense.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Think 3-4 defense.

Interesting that we're going back to the 3-4. I know the 4-3 is more of what this team was built on, but the 4-3 hasn't worked so well. All the more reason Q makes sense since he will be the NT. I also think that will help DLaw since he might do better standing up as an outside linebacker. Also explains further the drafting of OwO and Golston. Also explains the heavy drafting of LBers. The last time we played well on D, we were running the 3-4 base. So, I am curious to see how this will go.