RELEASED Cowboys waive Antwaun Woods

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Trysten Hill is safe! :bow:

Not so much. If we're building this defence the way I think we are using the 3-4, I think Hill might be in serious trouble unless he can play DE. I suspect Gallimore/OwO and Golston and either Basham or Hill will be your DEs. Meanwhile, Q and Urban are going to be the NT in our base defence. Unless Hill can play DE, he might be out, especially if beat out by Basham. Meanwhile, I would imagine our OLBs are going to be Gregory and DLaw (which would play to their strengths). Cox and Parsons will be the ILBs. At least that's how I see the front 7 playing out if we are shifting more to the 3-4. It does permit a quicker defence, which we want.

conner01

Reaction score
I would prefer to know if the talent drafted is worth replacing him before replacing him though.
I think they really like Woods and done him a favor by allowing to to get a chance to go to camp with a new team
Woods is well liked by his team mates and was a locker room leader
But he was also set to make 2mil and the production wasn’t worth that
Nothing wrong with liking the guy and doing him a favor that may help him catch on with another team

conner01

Reaction score
I hope it’s Brown instead. He’s had more than enough time. I like Wilson.
It would be silly to keep brown over Wilson
And I don’t think Wilson is going anywhere and probably not brown either
Probably 1 or 2 of these new guys make the roster which puts you at 6 or 7 depending on how many we keep

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting that we're going back to the 3-4. I know the 4-3 is more of what this team was built on, but the 4-3 hasn't worked so well. All the more reason Q makes sense since he will be the NT. I also think that will help DLaw since he might do better standing up as an outside linebacker. Also explains further the drafting of OwO and Golston. Also explains the heavy drafting of LBers. The last time we played well on D, we were running the 3-4 base. So, I am curious to see how this will go.

Same here.

And for me, the lightbulb came on after Quinn’s press conference. He mentioned playing the 3-4, and all of the personnel moves suddenly made more sense. (Except for Wright, I still can’t figure that one out!)

And it also made sense not to formally announce it before the draft.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Everyone is forgetting Urban too.

Exactly! And with us going to a 3-4, there's less room for Woods. Especially with how many dlinemen we have. Players like DLaw and Gregory are going to have to play OLB (which I think fits their skillsets better). Even take them out of the DL equation, and we're still loaded. So, Woods had to go. Also makes sense as to why we didn't bring Lee back. This is going to be more of a speed 3-4 base with a lot of nickel being played as well.

Carson

Reaction score
100% sure this $2.1 brings back a looney or a small chance it’ll be Heath

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Same here.

And for me, the lightbulb came on after Quinn’s press conference. He mentioned playing the 3-4, and all of the personnel moves suddenly made more sense. (Except for Wright, I still can’t figure that one out!)

And it also made sense not to formally announce it before the draft.

Wright makes sense to me because I think he is going to play both CB and safety. From what I understand, this is going to be a speed 3-4 base with a lot of nickel. Israel and Wright will probably rotate a lot between CB and S. Don't be surprised if we see DBs like Jourdan Lewis follow Woods out the door. Quinn, like Richard, prefers the taller DBs. I think Wright is going to replace Lewis.