Cowboys will honor Zeke on Sunday

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
E-l-e-v-e-n pages.

Not sure why there is not universal agreement over this. That is a lie. I do.

DeMarcus Ware deserves to be honored. Jerry Jones is honoring him.

Ezekiel Elliott may or may not deserve to be honored. Elliott played for this franchise. Jones will honor him for that.

In my opinion, Jones can honor Rowdy as far as I am concerned. Here is the thing:

Jones is HONORING people who meant something to this franchise, whose rich history predates his own. He is HONORING tradition.

However, Jones has made an exception for honoring everyone who has meant something to this franchise.

Whether his excuse is that he was wronged by an employee ALMOST THIRTY YEARS AGO or continues reciting a story Tex Schramm cannot refute from his grave, it is still an exception.

That

Exception

Is

Wrong.

Jones will keep on Jonesing. Everyone must accept he will because he will not change himself but no one is required to accept him being spiteful and continually spitting upon doing the right thing for HIS exception.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I credit Jerry for Buying the team when he did and making us relevant again quickly. He made all the right changes then. I salute him for that. But he lost his way when Jimmy J was gone.
Jerry was one of the best owners in the league for about 5 years.

coult44

Reaction score
They’ll do something special for zeke but the guy who won 2 super bowls can’t get in the roh
Who cares. They hate each other. If the boss hates the employee it doesn’t matter how good the the employee was, he’s not getting a portrait in the entrance of the house. . Good lord why is it that hard to understand.

plasticman

Reaction score

Cowboys will honor Zeke on Sunday​

......by whooping his @zz.

Historically, former Cowboys RB's don't do well against them.

Emmitt Smith had 6 carries for -1 yards.
Herschel Walker had 73 for 285 yards, a 3.8 average.
Duane Thomas was 18 for 55, slightly over 3 yards a carry.
Demarco Murray had 31 carries for 85 yards, a 2.7 average.
Julius Jones was 36 for 136 yards, a 3.8 average.
Tashard Choice had 6 carries for 7 yards.

The only former Cowboys RB with more than 4 yards a carry was Calvin Hill, he had 20 carries for 108 yards, a 5.4 average.

Motorola

Reaction score
E-l-e-v-e-n pages.

Not sure why there is not universal agreement over this. That is a lie. I do.

DeMarcus Ware deserves to be honored. Jerry Jones is honoring him.

Ezekiel Elliott may or may not deserve to be honored. Elliott played for this franchise. Jones will honor him for that.

In my opinion, Jones can honor Rowdy as far as I am concerned. Here is the thing:

Jones is HONORING people who meant something to this franchise, whose rich history predates his own. He is HONORING tradition.

However, Jones has made an exception for honoring everyone who has meant something to this franchise.

Whether his excuse is that he was wronged by an employee ALMOST THIRTY YEARS AGO or continues reciting a story Tex Schramm cannot refute from his grave, it is still an exception.

That

Exception

Is

Wrong.

Jones will keep on Jonesing. Everyone must accept he will because he will not change himself but no one is required to accept him being spiteful and continually spitting upon doing the right thing for HIS exception.
Excellent post.
And in the not-to-distant future Cowboys Fans plus the NFL Fanbase as a whole will see how how it plays out...when the time comes Johnson or Jones passes away.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Anyway, ;) If Jerrah is smart he will roll out the old salvation kettle. You know Zeke won't be able to resist and will get the Pats a penalty

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Anyone ever think Zeke’s former teammates like this? They like Zeke. No one can question his effort every game or his presence in the locker room or as a teammate. The only thing to nitpick Zeke about is his diminishing abilities which happens to all backs. It’s a simple thank you for your years of service. Let’s not forget the impact he had on Mrs. Jones’s favorite charity, The Salvation Army with the most original Thanksgiving celebrations ever.

No, he never won a championship. Neither has anyone else since 1995.

It should have zero impact on the game. Is it really a big deal?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Anyone ever think Zeke’s former teammates like this? They like Zeke. No one can question his effort every game or his presence in the locker room or as a teammate. The only thing to nitpick Zeke about is his diminishing abilities which happens to all backs. It’s a simple thank you for your years of service. Let’s not forget the impact he had on Mrs. Jones’s favorite charity, The Salvation Army with the most original Thanksgiving celebrations ever.

No, he never won a championship. Neither has anyone else since 1995.

It should have zero impact on the game. Is it really a big deal?
yes its a matter of principle's, OPTICS. Jimmy J gets shunned by Jerry, yet he takes the time to do this? Bad optics and timing.