Twitter: Cowboys will let Jones hit Free Agency

glimmerman

Reaction score
Some of yall dont watch film breakdowns and it shows. Our CB's were coached to play the player and not the ball. With their back to the ball, that kills all hope for an INT on the play. Jones is a top tier CB and if it takes him going to another team or even a rival for yall to understand that, then so be it...

With that being said, I hope he does go to the Eagles so yall can see how wrong yall are.
It’s obvious they weren’t trained to look back for the ball. It also gets the PI flag thrown when you don’t look back. Will be glad to see these guys coached differently. Maybe Jones will get offers we can match.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like Byron. But anyone with eyes knows you can’t sign this type of guy long term. He gets by strictly on his athleticism. Once he loses that he’s a goner. That’s scary to give a player like that a long term deal.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll go somewhere with a pass rush and we'll wonder why he has 6 int's.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I like Byron. But anyone with eyes knows you can’t sign this type of guy long term. He gets by strictly on his athleticism. Once he loses that he’s a goner. That’s scary to give a player like that a long term deal.
2 year and 22 million. Fully guaranteed. 10 million signing bonus.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I believe this to be true , but as is I'm fine with letting him walk because I really want ballhawks that can change a game , but most likely he will go elsewhere and end up a interception leader in the NFL just cuz.
Kris Richard taught the exact opposite of ball hawking. Dont be shocked if Jones has a 5 interception next season for a new team in a new scheme.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Kris Richard taught the exact opposite of ball hawking. Dont be shocked if Jones has a 5 interception next season for a new team in a new scheme.
And don’t be surprised if we start getting picks this year. Where is Richard now..

ondaedg

Reaction score
I believe this to be true , but as is I'm fine with letting him walk because I really want ballhawks that can change a game , but most likely he will go elsewhere and end up a interception leader in the NFL just cuz.

His coverage technique makes it tough to get Ints.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Funny what a difference a year makes. Last year many on this board were on the Richard for head coach train.
I may or may not have been one of them. But his scheme and Marinelli scheme weren’t jiving. Cause locker room problems. JG didn’t do a good job. And he let the ST slide.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I dont get blaming Richard. Seattle corners played the ball, these guys we have (aside from Lewis) just have no instinctive nose for the football and trying to make plays.
I don’t blame him at all. Richard probably got better out if this unit then he should’ve. The fact that all of these corners played the same even prior to Richard makes me wonder if it was a scheme issue.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This is what championship teams do guys.

They invest a ton of money into WRs and Slightly above mediocre QBs and let All Pro corners walk.
Complain some more. Please. We haven’t been listening to it all year or anything

conner01

Reaction score
If so, that makes no sense. 4 turnovers a year is almost nothing in the grand scheme. That’s .25 turnovers a game.

They’re letting him walk because they paid Dlaw, Zeke, and Jaylon already and he’s lower on the pecking order than Dak and Amari.

Byron should’ve been the fourth guy on the totem pole (Dak, Amari, DLaw) instead of sixth. The Jones messed up paying Zeke and Jaylon. This pass defense is going to be rough without a first round corner.
4-5 ints by a single CB is pretty good and add that to his coverage abilities and you have an elite player
He has 2 in his career

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Taking him over Landon Collins still haunts me. Adios to the combine warrior. In 2 years this dude gonna be str8 burnt toast when he loses a step. Save this post and @ me in 2022