Twitter: Cowboys will let Jones hit Free Agency

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Same guys in here glad that he will leave will be the same guys making the defense is our problem excuse for Dak.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Sure hope we can draft someone to match his interception totals over 5 years (if we take a corner at 17). Steep ask.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If so, that makes no sense. 4 turnovers a year is almost nothing in the grand scheme. That’s .25 turnovers a game.

They’re letting him walk because they paid Dlaw, Zeke, and Jaylon already and he’s lower on the pecking order than Dak and Amari.

Byron should’ve been the fourth guy on the totem pole (Dak, Amari, DLaw) instead of sixth. The Jones messed up paying Zeke and Jaylon. This pass defense is going to be rough without a first round corner.
Definitely in front of Jaylon.

JBS

Reaction score
Same guys in here glad that he will leave will be the same guys making the defense is our problem excuse for Dak.

Not exactly sure this makes total sense

Defense has been a problem for just about every year Byron has been on this team..so having him didn't solve anything

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He was on the team and the defense was 21st in defensive efficiency. And tied for lowest interceptions in the league. I mean...........

The defense had several problems.. Byron wasn’t one of them.

Also, even when the defense performed our Elite QB wouldn't capitalize on it.

I don’t care about INTs.. Go throw that lack of INt stat at someone who overrates it like you. INTs are a bonus.

Chido could’ve had 5 picks last year and guess what? Byron Jones is still better at corner then he is.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The defense had several problems.. Byron wasn’t one of them.

Also, even when the defense performed our Elite QB wouldn't capitalize on it.

I don’t care about INTs.. Go throw that lack of INt stat at someone who overrates it like you. INTs are a bonus.

Chido could’ve had 5 picks last year and guess what? Byron Jones is still better at corner then he is.
I stated defensive team stats. He was on the defense right? Idc if jesus christ was on that defense I would let him walk in FA too.

Reactions: JBS

Daillest88

Reaction score
Since we are letting him walk . I have a feeling they will be going after a stud defense tackle in free agency. Hoping Atleast

blueblood70

Reaction score
look we have THREE(3) Tope FAS all whom are tier 2 players, thats not a knock on them but they arent elite but ALL are demanding Elite Money.. you have to make a sacrifice somewhere and BJ maybe it.. Hes a very good players but hes not the 16mil guy you throw deal at.. we can find a DB or two in draft and FA..

New staff and a lot of FAs to replace defensive already so they get a huge blank page to start with.. lets trust the new staff to get this right./.tons of time.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

So someone who isn't around for ANY discussions that Jerry, Stephen and McCarthy have on Jones has decided that the Cowboys are just going to let Jones walk as a decision that's already been made. Gee it couldn't be something like waiting until what's going to get done with Prescott and Cooper before deciding or knowing what cap space they have and whether they will then pursue Jones or someone like Quinn. Heaven forbid a team uses some logic that doesn't fit some sportswriter's thinking.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
look we have THREE(3) Tope FAS all whom are tier 2 players, thats not a knock on them but they arent elite but ALL are demanding Elite Money.. you have to make a sacrifice somewhere and BJ maybe it.. Hes a very good players but hes not the 16mil guy you throw deal at.. we can find a DB or two in draft and FA..

New staff and a lot of FAs to replace defensive already so they get a huge blank page to start with.. lets trust the new staff to get this right./.tons of time.

Here's the flaw in your thinking. Prescott is the #1, Cooper is the #3 and Jones is the #8 rated free agents in the league on NFL. I have a huge problem believing that any of the top 10 free agents are considered to be 2nd tier players.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...rthranked-qb&usg=AOvVaw1J_CEoxv7SVlAb9-hrDHRx

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
does dak care? not likely he does.
I hear you cern. Why do some fans care what he gets paid as well. They act as though he's a family member.

I stated defensive team stats. He was on the defense right? Idc if jesus christ was on that defense I would let him walk in FA too.
Please remember this is a family friendly forum Henny.

cern

Reaction score
I hear you cern. Why do some fans care what he gets paid as well. They act as though he's a family member.

Please remember this is a family friendly forum Henny.
my point was that in order for dak to get all he wants, there will be cap casualties such as Byron jones. and dak could care less if others are let go as long as dak gets what dak wants. I think dak is being incredibly selfish in all his demands. seems he thinks the cowboys have become dakcentric.