Twitter: Cowboys will let Jones hit Free Agency

Brax

Reaction score
This is what championship teams do guys.

They invest a ton of money into WRs and Slightly above mediocre QBs and let All Pro corners walk.
That's the cowboys way of late.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If so, that makes no sense. 4 turnovers a year is almost nothing in the grand scheme. That’s .25 turnovers a game.
What are you talking about? Last year there were 12 number of players who had more than 4 interceptions:

1 Tre'Davious White BUF 6
2 Stephon Gilmore NE 6
3 Anthony Harris MIN 6
4 Darius Leonard IND 5
5 Kevin Byard TEN 5
6 Joe Haden PIT 5
7 Kevin King GB 5
8 Janoris Jenkins 2TM 5
9 Devin McCourty NE 5
10 Minkah Fitzpatrick 2TM 5
11 Marcus Peters 2TM 5
12 J.C. Jackson NE 5

That's it. Just 12 players.

Brax

Reaction score
who played better and more of a more positive impact last year Dak or Byron? You seem too hateful so I'll give you the answer it's Dak
I said they would waste the money on Dak , not sure how that is hateful in way. I guess you believe over paying a good to average QB is the way to go and suffer at other positions is Ok because of it. 17 is right that's the sure way to build a championship team.........

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No surprise. Jones is as good as gone with the way money is thrown around in free agency he’ll likely end up as one of the highest-paid corners in the league if not the highest paid.

agree.

He’s gone.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have sooooo many shut down Corners who needs him!
:facepalm:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Can't keep every top player.....that's ultimately why the salary cap was created

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Shutdown?

Byron Jones (14 games)
64 passes/34 completions (53.1%)
11.6 YPC
87.7 QB rating (against)
3 TDs (surrendered)
0 INTs

Stephon Gilmore (16 games)
101 passes/51 completions (50.5%)
11.7 YPC
44.1 QB rating (against)
0 TDs (surrendered)
6 INTs (2 returned for TDs)

If Byron Jones is “shutdown” what does that make Gilmore?

Elite

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Covering is huge. But the fact that he gets zero picks is huge problem. It’s actually a very strange situation.

the big issue is he will probably get top corner money. Simply can’t pay that to a guy that is so bad at picks.

would you rather pay Cooper or jones?

I actually agree with the fact that it's flat out strange he doesn't get turnovers, yet coverage skills are very important. I totally agree.

As far as Jones and Cooper? I wouldn't over pay for either. But Byron at 15mil with some of the juicy WR talent coming out of this years draft, to me, seems more enticing than Cooper at 18mil with an entirely unknown Jones replacement.

Assuming they get top dollar, of course.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I actually agree with the fact that it's flat out strange he doesn't get turnovers, yet coverage skills are very important. I totally agree.

As far as Jones and Cooper? I wouldn't over pay for either. But Byron at 15mil with some of the juicy WR talent coming out of this years draft, to me, seems more enticing than Cooper at 18mil with an entirely unknown Jones replacement.

Assuming they get top dollar, of course.
Ppl don't realize he won't get picks. He's not a football player. He's a an athlete. Big difference between the 2. He has zero instincts and no ball skills. Even going against lesser comp in UConn he didn't make plays.

JBS

Reaction score
If he goes to Philly...will yall be mad? Or do you guys think our wrs would burn him?