Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Thats a few games difference.

Last 3 seasons

Boston 10 Picks
Heath 5 Picks

Yep no difference there
Well,ya know what that only proves in such visually illustrative light of clarity,don't ya? The opposition these two position players faced ,well one was greatly respected& rarely singled out to challenge is capabilities, thusly explaining the lower interception count,,,while on the other hand holding the flip side of the coin, , ,held in equal respect, ughhh,not so much, as do to the interception numbers that were compiled, it's clearly obvious that dude was being incessantly attacked & bombarded by inordinate numbers from the oppositions deep threat :thumbup:

:starspin:o_O:starspin:

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
1. You are attempting to gerrymander the stats.

Comparing any given year Boston and Heath have always been within two INTs of each other. That is not a big difference.

2. Boston played FS. Heath played more SS than FS. Free Safeties get more INTs.
* er, just saying bro, but you should be reminded of the fact that the 5th word in point #1 of yer' rebuttal utilized is unequivocally verboten under the zero tolerance policy of that one "hot button" issue around here,,,just saying:thumbup:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Iloka was cut in late August and the Vikes signed him as insurance for Harrison Smith and Sendejo. That's why he didn't play a ton. He also was never a good fit with that the Vikes did on defense. He was pretty good in Cincy playing many of the zone schemes we use now.

Iloka played in pre-season for the Vikes and in 6 games straight, from week 5 thru week 11. I don't know that he was not a good fit or not but I don't really see how that matters much. We know what we require from a Safety here and I don't see how Iloka fits. He, IMO, is a liability in coverage. Anything he brings in run support is given away in pass coverage. We've actually had several good run support Safeties in recent years but they have all been sent packing because they couldn't do what we needed them to do in coverage. I just see Iloka in that same situation.

Sydla

Reaction score
Iloka played in pre-season for the Vikes and in 6 games straight, from week 5 thru week 11. I don't know that he was not a good fit or not but I don't really see how that matters much. We know what we require from a Safety here and I don't see how Iloka fits. He, IMO, is a liability in coverage. Anything he brings in run support is given away in pass coverage. We've actually had several good run support Safeties in recent years but they have all been sent packing because they couldn't do what we needed them to do in coverage. I just see Iloka in that same situation.

Iloka is no worse than Heath in pass coverage, especially in our Cover 1 and 3 schemes.

It's funny how people think that Heath's only problem is he sucks at tackling. He's pretty average to below average against the pass.

I never really understand the logic that Team X didn't want him and Team Y didn't therefore, he can't help us. Cincy drafted Bates and had another young S they liked. So Iloka became expendable. The Vikes had Harrison Smith, arguably the best FS in football and Sendejo and Kearse at SS, who they liked more as well. Iloka was signed in August as a depth guy.

The Vikings and Bengals have much better S situations than we do, hence Iloka is expendable.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
lol were basically just doing a signing to show we signed someone. We need an upgrade not the same skill.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree that Iloka may not be an upgrade, but I would hope we’re looking for a better tackler than Heath.
Iloka is no worse than Heath in pass coverage, especially in our Cover 1 and 3 schemes.

It's funny how people think that Heath's only problem is he sucks at tackling. He's pretty average to below average against the pass.

I never really understand the logic that Team X didn't want him and Team Y didn't therefore, he can't help us. Cincy drafted Bates and had another young S they liked. So Iloka became expendable. The Vikes had Harrison Smith, arguably the best FS in football and Sendejo and Kearse at SS, who they liked more as well. Iloka was signed in August as a depth guy.

The Vikings and Bengals have much better S situations than we do, hence Iloka is expendable.

Oh I disagree. He doesn't have nearly the speed or quickness of Heath. He is very limited, especially if he is matched up, which is exactly what OC do to him. There is a reason he is no longer in Cincy. There is a reason Cincy drafted Safeties. JMO

LittleD

Reaction score
Kicking the tires. Kicking the can. Same difference. Iloka wouldn't even.beat out Heath anyway.

Heath is going to be the starter and IIoka will be the backup unless Heath get injured. Garrett loves him some Heath same as Marinelli.

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh I disagree. He doesn't have nearly the speed or quickness of Heath. He is very limited, especially if he is matched up, which is exactly what OC do to him. There is a reason he is no longer in Cincy. There is a reason Cincy drafted Safeties. JMO

And Heath's speed and quickness have resulted in a below average pass defender. There's more to coverage than running fast. Heath's speed can't overcome his poor fundamentals, inability to make the right reads, etc.

Again, Iloka isn't viewed as a solution to the our SS position. Of course there was a reason Cincy drafted a S. They wanted to get better at that position because Iloka is an average S. But he's better than our current SS.

Kaiser

Reaction score
This guy was washed up two years ago.

Two years ago he had 79 tackles, which would have placed him third on last year's teams.

Kris Richard has to be on board with this, if he is I will take that over the fan reaction. Has any coach ever made a bigger impact on Dallas Defensive Backs in any season? Ever?

I'll go with that guy.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
And Heath's speed and quickness have resulted in a below average pass defender. There's more to coverage than running fast. Heath's speed can't overcome his poor fundamentals, inability to make the right reads, etc.

I can't count the numerous times Heath was out of position, took poor angles, and had Receivers and RB's juke him out of pants due to his slow feet.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Again, Iloka isn't viewed as a solution to the our SS position. Of course there was a reason Cincy drafted a S. They wanted to get better at that position because Iloka is an average S. But he's better than our current SS.

You gotta be able to get there before you can make a play. That's why everybody talks up Iloka's ability to play zone. He is limited in his ability to cover so all you really see him in is zone. Heath doesn't get beaten like a drum. His coverage abilities are not as bad as many on this board make it out to be. No, he's not all world but he's also not as bad as many think. Iloka is not the answer in my opinion but if that's what the Cowboys want to do, who am I to say. I just don't want to see the same threads about this guy, after we sign him because he is not a cover Safety and he will get schemed. Saw it too many times.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Nine pages bashing a guy who hasn’t even signed here yet lol
iu