Cowboys will pound Chargers

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think a lot of people including myself overhyped and tried to crown the Football Team based on a few performances they had last year. At the end of the day Football Team defensive front has proved nothing.

I agree but I also think Chase Young is still a very good player and Chargers did a very good job. How will Washington defense look tonight? we will find out and same with how Dallas will be able to attack the Chargers, we will soon find out. As I have said many times around here, I take no games for granted and I think Chargers will be a challenge. I look forward to the game.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Whatever. Herbert is a young, inexperienced QB, who is going to make some mistakes. Go ahead and slobber over Herbert if you like.

Some of you slobbering over him are the same people who talk about Dak’s garbage stats. Lol.

What does Dak's stats have to do with his performance?

Herbert earned his accolades. I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

Aftershock

Reaction score
I think a lot of people including myself overhyped and tried to crown the Football Team based on a few performances they had last year. At the end of the day Football Team defensive front has proved nothing.
wrong their front 7 is the best if not one of the best in football. just look to what they did to a. dalton last season add to that our banged up OL

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In the last 24 hours Verdict has told us Anae, Golston and Armstrong are basically carbon copies of Lawrence and that Justin Herbert is a journeyman QB.

That's some sweet analysis right there.
Jesus....so he said that to huh?

I agree but I also think Chase Young is still a very good player and Chargers did a very good job. How will Washington defense look tonight? we will find out and same with how Dallas will be able to attack the Chargers, we will soon find out. As I have said many times around here, I take no games for granted and I think Chargers will be a challenge. I look forward to the game.

I think Chase Young is a good player too but I think we also have to be honest and say he had a great rookie campaign..but if he performs like he did last year for the rest of his career......people may consider that a bust. I think we give Washington the benefit of the doubt because they're young so we expect them to get better. They still have to actually do it. And if they don't do it tonight? Against a Giants team with blocking issues? We may have to revisit how good we think they are.

I agree with you though....you probably could argue Chargers weren't a bad team last year. I mean you are what your record says you are but they competed last year.

In my eyes....we had a mini bye week and there's no excuses for not winning this game if you think you are a contender. I mean if you can't pull this out you are going to have issues all year because here's plenty of teams on this schedule as good as they are. But it won't be a cake walk. There's going to be no beating yourself and still trying to win at the end....

Steve007

Reaction score
Chargers pose a few matchup issues, but I don’t get this doom and gloom idea that that the Cowboys will start 0-2. Chargers have a journeyman QB. This isn’t Brady on the opposing offense. We should be able to confuse him, rattle him and get some picks.

Chargers DL is stout but if our OL can’t give Dak a reasonable amount of time to throw the ball and open running lanes for Zeke, then we are paying them too much and need to upgrade.

If this team has improved overall, then this game should be a win, and I think it will be.
The kool-aid must be good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jesus....so he said that to huh?

I think Chase Young is a good player too but I think we also have to be honest and say he had a great rookie campaign..but if he performs like he did last year for the rest of his career......people may consider that a bust. I think we give Washington the benefit of the doubt because they're young so we expect them to get better. They still have to actually do it. And if they don't do it tonight? Against a Giants team with blocking issues? We may have to revisit how good we think they are.

I agree with you though....you probably could argue Chargers weren't a bad team last year. I mean you are what your record says you are but they competed last year.

In my eyes....we had a mini bye week and there's no excuses for not winning this game if you think you are a contender. I mean if you can't pull this out you are going to have issues all year because here's plenty of teams on this schedule as good as they are. But it won't be a cake walk. There's going to be no beating yourself and still trying to win at the end....

As I said I take no game for granted nor do I concede any game. I expect the Cowboys to go out and win anytime they hit the field, regardless if they are the underdog or the favored team.

ESisback

Reaction score
Chargers pose a few matchup issues, but I don’t get this doom and gloom idea that that the Cowboys will start 0-2. Chargers have a journeyman QB. This isn’t Brady on the opposing offense. We should be able to confuse him, rattle him and get some picks.

Chargers DL is stout but if our OL can’t give Dak a reasonable amount of time to throw the ball and open running lanes for Zeke, then we are paying them too much and need to upgrade.

If this team has improved overall, then this game should be a win, and I think it will be.
I agree, although I wouldn’t call Herbert a journeyman.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

a kid that has made like 12 or so starts and is in his 2nd season is a journeyman? This kid is in that next 5 QBs that will carry this league for the next decade. You have no clue.

dfense

Reaction score

I took that journeyman over Rodgers and Dak in my fantasy draft.

Reaction score

Let me put it this way: my son has Justin Herbert and Keenan Allen on his fantasy team and he's licking his chops. He thinks they are going to dominate. We have zero pass rush.

And I have a hard time disputing that

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You guys are scared of a second year QB? 8 ball. Corner pocket. Rack’em losers. Lol.
as a rookie in 15 starts last year he through for 4300 yards with 31 TDs and only 10 ints. and you think he is a typical QB??? do you watch the games?

ESisback

Reaction score
Whatever. Herbert is a young, inexperienced QB, who is going to make some mistakes. Go ahead and slobber over Herbert if you like.

Some of you slobbering over him are the same people who talk about Dak’s garbage stats. Lol.
If he played for Dallas, it would be “…well, he had some stats last year, but he hasn’t really proven anything…”

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did you just call Herbert a “journeyman” QB? :lmao2::lmao2::huh::laugh:
he actually is so its not wrong but he doesn't play like one.

however he's not brady and he can be fooled more and if the wrinkles are drawn up right he'd be easier to beat then a TB ran offense.ie audibles and checkoffs..that's a fact.

of course Herbert is a lot better then most players who have played 17 games however hes not seasoned and there at least shot to throw some wrinkled oat him he doesn't recognized..

one less emoticon would be nice when polking fun at a statement that is 100% accurate herbert was 7-9 as rookie and hes in fact a second year players with 17 games played..so yes hes journeymen by definition..

J12B

Reaction score

There are hot takes and then there is this.

Terrible take and shame on you for downplaying Herbert.

The kid is an absolute stud.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
We have Dak, they don't! In total, Dak has thrown for more than 400 yards in four of his last five starts. He is the only player in NFL history to do so. His accuracy at all levels has reached “elite” status, & the benefit of weapons like Coop & CeeDee only makes him more dangerous. Chargers who LOL.

garyv

Reaction score

I agree it want be pounding the Chargers but I believe we win by 7 points. Honestly if we lose I will be surprised.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree it want be pounding the Chargers but I believe we win by 7 points. Honestly if we lose I will be surprised.
before Monday morning, yes i agree, after now losing Gregory and Tank to IR and LC suspended this game has changed and not for the good..ughh.