Cowboys will pound Chargers

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope you're right, because he looks like a really darn quality QB that shouldn't be underestimated.
Especially against the defense that the Cowboys are about to put on the field.

Quinn better have a tremendous game-plan.
I hope he does.
Let’s reverse the teams. Let’s say the Charger’s personnel are playing for the Cowboys. How would you view this game?

You might say, hey we can win this game, if our young QB doesn’t make young QB mistakes. This is the type of game where a good game plan and coaching should be a factor in who wins, and Herbert’s inexperience should also be a factor.

I think they will be. Cowboys win this game. Herbert struggles but gets garbage time stats.

DLaw won’t be missed. Some posters on here are about to find out how little Tank is doing on behalf of the Cowboys’ defense. He may set the edge well, but he’s not getting sacks.

Armstrong is finally starting to turn the corner. I think he may end up being more appreciated around here sooner rather than later.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Let’s reverse the teams. Let’s say the Charger’s personnel are playing for the Cowboys. How would you view this game?

You might say, hey we can win this game, if our young QB doesn’t make young QB mistakes. This is the type of game where a good game plan and coaching should be a factor in who wins, and Herbert’s inexperience should also be a factor.

I think they will be. Cowboys win this game. Herbert struggles but gets garbage time stats.

DLaw won’t be missed. Some posters on here are about to find out how little Tank is doing on behalf of the Cowboys’ defense. He may set the edge well, but he’s not getting sacks.

Armstrong is finally starting to turn the corner. I think he may end up being more appreciated around here sooner rather than later.
Like I said: I hope you're right.

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope you're right, because he looks like a really darn quality QB that shouldn't be underestimated.
Especially against the defense that the Cowboys are about to put on the field.

Quinn better have a tremendous game-plan.
I hope he does.
I really think this Cowboys defense is going to come on strong. I’m not certain it will be this week, but they are ahead of where I thought they would be.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
not in the world of service
a Journeymen is no longer and apprentice and is in his way to being master.. so being 2nd year player that far outplayed his rookie expectations hes a journeymen in EXPERINCE has nothing to do, with bouncing around qb to many teams where i come from..

so again i say hes like Journeymen d

Fitz and qbs like him are simply career backups that can play well enough to be placeholder but never a fulltime starter in their careers..a career backup..

so we both can be correct but is Herbert outstanding yet i mean outside of looking good but what has he accomplished?
Are you really asking what a 2nd year QB that went to a below avg team has accomplished? Look at what Aikman and Manning accomplished in year 1. Bottom line is that Herbert is an absolute stud, and he showed it last year with a better to 3 to 1 td/int ratio.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Chargers pose a few matchup issues, but I don’t get this doom and gloom idea that that the Cowboys will start 0-2. Chargers have a journeyman QB. This isn’t Brady on the opposing offense. We should be able to confuse him, rattle him and get some picks.

Chargers DL is stout but if our OL can’t give Dak a reasonable amount of time to throw the ball and open running lanes for Zeke, then we are paying them too much and need to upgrade.

If this team has improved overall, then this game should be a win, and I think it will be.

Wow..............the IQ on the board just dropped 50 points with this post.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Chargers pose a few matchup issues, but I don’t get this doom and gloom idea that that the Cowboys will start 0-2. Chargers have a journeyman QB.

I stopped reading at this point. You obviously know nothing about the Chargers. :muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are you really asking what a 2nd year QB that went to a below avg team has accomplished? Look at what Aikman and Manning accomplished in year 1. Bottom line is that Herbert is an absolute stud, and he showed it last year with a better to 3 to 1 td/int ratio.
your Chargers jersey is sticking out from under your old Aikman jersey there traitor. Wipe the drool from your face

we can check back in 2 years and see how this 2nd year anointed stud is doing..in the sports world hes done nothing yet..Dak went to playoffs and ROTY trophy and ..still no nfccg or sb...

RG111, and others had great rookie years, what happened?

Carson

Reaction score
RG111, and others had great rookie years, what happened?

RGIII was like the wildcat. It took the league a year to adapt. He was successful because the read option, quick pass wasn’t seen much in the NFL

I get your point and do concur. But Herbert is a traditional passer who will have a long NFL career

blueblood70

Reaction score
RGIII was like the wildcat. It took the league a year to adapt

I get your point and do concur. But Herbert is a traditional passer who will have a long NFL career
since when in the new nfl does a traditional passer take precedence over a LJ type more of those now then ever maybe Vick and Rg3 and Tebow were a decade too early..:))

i do find it ODD during game week a fan and or fans go out of ther way to defend the enemy..seriously i dont care if hes eli or Peyton manning you dont pump up the enemy.

But hey that sift culture of fans nowadays trash your own team when talking u the opponent..

SOFT culture here..

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score

DLaw will be missed add Gregory and we are in trouble..Herbert just beat the skins defense..we will have jags to rush the passer..

i sure hope quinn can cook something up using Parsons and dare i say Jsmith as pass rushing DEs/OLB

i dont believe Herbert is qb you simply blitz all game..hes tall doesnt stare down the rush so we will need to disguise where the rush is coming from and mix it up all game..

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think Dallas is going to thump them good this week, without Tank. Tank may be turn out to be viewed as expendable by you huddled masses as I do in a few weeks.
Maybe with Lawrence being out they might find out if they have anything in the guys they brought in.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
since when in the new nfl does a traditional passer take precedence over a LJ type more of those now then ever maybe Vick and Rg3 and Tebow were a decade too early..:))

i do find it ODD during game week a fan and or fans go out of ther way to defend the enemy..seriously i dont care if hes eli or Peyton manning you dont pump up the enemy.

But hey that sift culture of fans nowadays trash your own team when talking u the opponent..

SOFT culture here..
sorry, but you are way off base.. The ENEMY??? Ive been in combat, the Chargers are no enemy. I didnt pump up anyone, I simply reiterated the FACTS. The fact is, Herbert had an AMAZING rookie season. Dak had a great rookie year, but his numbers arent close to what Herbert did in his rookie year. You trying to question my fandom is stupid. Ive been a fan of this team since 1977. I travel this country every year to watch games, but because I dont thrash other players you say Im "Pumping," up the enemy? get a clue. Oh, and Herbert went to a crappy team. Dak went to one of the best lineups in the NFC his rookie year. Dak was asked to not lose games by playing smart, letting Zeke run, and Dak rarely taking chances. Herbert was asked to carry the team.....big difference.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Chargers pose a few matchup issues, but I don’t get this doom and gloom idea that that the Cowboys will start 0-2. Chargers have a journeyman QB. This isn’t Brady on the opposing offense. We should be able to confuse him, rattle him and get some picks.

Chargers DL is stout but if our OL can’t give Dak a reasonable amount of time to throw the ball and open running lanes for Zeke, then we are paying them too much and need to upgrade.

If this team has improved overall, then this game should be a win, and I think it will be.
Definitely not a journeyman lol - but this board needs to remember our QB also earned OROY and had some struggles his second season. Herbert is not Brady - yall need to chill on anointing him so soon, let him put a couple of seasons together first.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Definitely not a journeyman lol - but this board needs to remember our QB also earned OROY and had some struggles his second season. Herbert is not Brady - yall need to chill on anointing him so soon, let him put a couple of seasons together first.
hard to say anyone is Brady in year 2. BUt ets just say he is damn good...ok, not ok, DAMN GOOD! You .. well maybe you can, but there is not 5 young QBs in the game Id take over him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Chargers have one of the best young QBs in the league. He's not a "journeyman" lol

We will lose this game b/c we don't know how to beat good teams on the road. The team is 9-13 over Dak's last 22 starts.