Cowboys will pound Chargers

Cebrin

Reaction score
Chargers pose a few matchup issues, but I don’t get this doom and gloom idea that that the Cowboys will start 0-2. Chargers have a journeyman QB. This isn’t Brady on the opposing offense. We should be able to confuse him, rattle him and get some picks.

Chargers DL is stout but if our OL can’t give Dak a reasonable amount of time to throw the ball and open running lanes for Zeke, then we are paying them too much and need to upgrade.

If this team has improved overall, then this game should be a win, and I think it will be.
Herbert is a journeyman? :huh:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
This game is not over before it starts dallas can for sure win this game even with 5 starters out. Run the damn ball control the game! Let's go

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Journeyman? Drinking and posting can come back to bite you.:facepalm:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
No possibly about it. He statistically 100% had the best rookie season ever and looks even more improved this year.

I mean, a lot of ya'll aren't gonna like to hear this, but Herberts rookie season last year is as good if not better than any of Dak's seasons. Some guys are just THAT good.
Herbert played well but let’s not go overboard with his season last year. He had lots of garbage time yards and touchdowns. I am just glad the WFT and the Giants passed on him in the draft.:laugh:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Better than Dak? Really?

Because I was looking at his results from last season and I can't seem to find that 11 game winning streak and 13-3 record. Far from it.

He threw his first INT when? First game, I believe, he threw an INT...and the next two games as welI. It took Dak 6 games before he threw his first INT. I believe Dak still holds that record by beating the record of who? Tom Brady.

Archaic as it might seem, analysts still point to passer rating. Who holds the rookie record?

Dak has never had a losing season as the primary starting QB. That's the bottom line. Hebert's rookie season means he is off to the wrong start.
A win streak and anything to do with wins is a team stat, no?

I mean, you're reaching for things that make no sense to try and justify your VERY biased opinion.

I could easily point out that Herbert, unlike Dak, didn't have the leagues leading rusher on his team, but I didn't, because that's dumb. Although, it seems you would have 100% pointed that out if it was the other way around.

Your effort was very weak on this, but I understand that to try and make the point that you're desperately trying to make there is no way it could be anything but low effort.

Hopefully you don't spout your wild thoughts anywhere else, because outside of this forum you'd be made fun and not taken seriously for the arguments you're trying to make.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hmm you seem to pick and choose when to use "wins" or "stats". The rookie season stats which led to a 7-9 season. so not even a winning season, and Daks 2019 was better than this season in both stats and wins. And its not like Herbert came into a horrible team, the chargers have a good roster. So no try that nonsense somewhere else.
Take the blinders off. You're lost in the star and your bias is showing.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Herbert is about to school this defense. Can our offense keep them off the field? Can we score TD's in the RedZone.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I would say the same of you, the bias and blinders you wear for other teams qbs while hard nosing “your own” supposedly
I just have the ability to see outside the Cowboys bubble. I'm biased about some things, but I'm not going to pretend our players are better than other players just because of the star on the helmet.

It's possible to be a fan and hope the Cowboys make all these QBs look when they play them, BUT still be able to recognize their talent level.

I think Herbert is great.I also think Dak is playing a great level and I have said that since last Thursday. I don't understand, nor care, why you would have a problem with that.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just have the ability to see outside the Cowboys bubble. I'm biased about some things, but I'm not going to pretend our players are better than other players just because of the star on the helmet.

It's possible to be a fan and hope the Cowboys make all these QBs look when they play them, BUT still be able to recognize their talent level.

I think Herbert is great.I also think Dak is playing a great level and I have said that since last Thursday. I don't understand, nor care, why you would have a problem with that.

don’t get me wrong, I think Herbert is a damn good qb. I just pointed out that when Dak has great stats with losing records you call it trash. And then tried to say Herbert season was as good/better than any of Daks seasons when that’s incorrect from both a statistical AND wins record. That’s all I was pointing out. I think Dak and Herbert both are about to carve up each other’s defenses. Hopefully the cowboys pull this one out, because I believe they have the better qb

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
A win streak and anything to do with wins is a team stat, no?

I mean, you're reaching for things that make no sense to try and justify your VERY biased opinion.

I could easily point out that Herbert, unlike Dak, didn't have the leagues leading rusher on his team, but I didn't, because that's dumb. Although, it seems you would have 100% pointed that out if it was the other way around.

Your effort was very weak on this, but I understand that to try and make the point that you're desperately trying to make there is no way it could be anything but low effort.

Hopefully you don't spout your wild thoughts anywhere else, because outside of this forum you'd be made fun and not taken seriously for the arguments you're trying to make.
Still crapping on Dak I see.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Are you really asking what a 2nd year QB that went to a below avg team has accomplished? Look at what Aikman and Manning accomplished in year 1. Bottom line is that Herbert is an absolute stud, and he showed it last year with a better to 3 to 1 td/int ratio.
Sure would be nice if you stuck up for Cowboys players every once in awhile.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Chargers pose a few matchup issues, but I don’t get this doom and gloom idea that that the Cowboys will start 0-2. Chargers have a journeyman QB. This isn’t Brady on the opposing offense. We should be able to confuse him, rattle him and get some picks.

Chargers DL is stout but if our OL can’t give Dak a reasonable amount of time to throw the ball and open running lanes for Zeke, then we are paying them too much and need to upgrade.

If this team has improved overall, then this game should be a win, and I think it will be.

Journeyman QB ROTFL! These threads have to be people trolling .

Jipper

Reaction score
this is the kind of game this team can come out and make a statement - lost a close one to the champs last week, have some hardships this week losing our RT, DE and WR3 for a month/two, come out and smash them....

make a statement that the team is going to fight through adversity and not be the same old crap from years past....with moore calling the plays i have a feeling they have a legit shot, the defense is going to have to step up though.

If they fold and get blown out...going to be a long season