Cowboys will pound Chargers

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
your Chargers jersey is sticking out from under your old Aikman jersey there traitor. Wipe the drool from your face

we can check back in 2 years and see how this 2nd year anointed stud is doing..in the sports world hes done nothing yet..Dak went to playoffs and ROTY trophy and ..still no nfccg or sb...

RG111, and others had great rookie years, what happened?

The entire football universe knows what Justin Herbert is, except for you and the OP.

It doesn't require a Chargers jersey and your RG3 comparison is laughable. :muttley:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's simple. The Chargers are a 3-point favorite to win this game on their own turf.
If the Cowboys bring their "A" game, we'll win; if not, we most likely, won't. :grin:

Both teams have very good QBs and are capable of winning if they play capably.

I see this game as a tossup, but if we play as well as we did last week, we'll win!

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
No possibly about it. He statistically 100% had the best rookie season ever and looks even more improved this year.

I mean, a lot of ya'll aren't gonna like to hear this, but Herberts rookie season last year is as good if not better than any of Dak's seasons. Some guys are just THAT good.
you freaking troll, hater. That crap isn't possible.

plasticman

Reaction score
I've seen some stunning results from teams that were left for dead.

i even remember some times when the Cowboys were written off only to rise to the occasion.

It could happen. A probability does exist that the Cowboys could dominate this game. However, for this to happen, there is usually some catalyst, some player or squad that just all out balls. Who are the candidates to lift the Cowboys in this game? That's the question.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Chargers pose a few matchup issues, but I don’t get this doom and gloom idea that that the Cowboys will start 0-2. Chargers have a journeyman QB. This isn’t Brady on the opposing offense. We should be able to confuse him, rattle him and get some picks.

Chargers DL is stout but if our OL can’t give Dak a reasonable amount of time to throw the ball and open running lanes for Zeke, then we are paying them too much and need to upgrade.

If this team has improved overall, then this game should be a win, and I think it will be.

Must be thinking about Hebert and not Justin.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry richardson said that is what got him threw out of the league. "keep on pounding"

plasticman

Reaction score
No possibly about it. He statistically 100% had the best rookie season ever and looks even more improved this year.

I mean, a lot of ya'll aren't gonna like to hear this, but Herberts rookie season last year is as good if not better than any of Dak's seasons. Some guys are just THAT good.
Better than Dak? Really?

Because I was looking at his results from last season and I can't seem to find that 11 game winning streak and 13-3 record. Far from it.

He threw his first INT when? First game, I believe, he threw an INT...and the next two games as welI. It took Dak 6 games before he threw his first INT. I believe Dak still holds that record by beating the record of who? Tom Brady.

Archaic as it might seem, analysts still point to passer rating. Who holds the rookie record?

Dak has never had a losing season as the primary starting QB. That's the bottom line. Hebert's rookie season means he is off to the wrong start.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Better than Dak? Really?

Because I was looking at his results from last season and I can't seem to find that 11 game winning streak and 13-3 record. Far from it.

He threw his first INT when? First game, I believe, he threw an INT...and the next two games as welI. It took Dak 6 games before he threw his first INT. I believe Dak still holds that record by beating the record of who? Tom Brady.

Archaic as it might seem, analysts still point to passer rating. Who holds the rookie record?

Dak has never had a losing season as the primary starting QB. That's the bottom line. Hebert's rookie season means he is off to the wrong start.
This guy needs to go be a chargers fan lol. He is not better than Dak sorry mate.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Better than Dak? Really?

So a team's won/loss record is based entirely on the play of the QB?

This is as silly an argument as the people who blame Dak for Dallas being 10-12 his last 22 starts.

plasticman

Reaction score
So a team's won/loss record is based entirely on the play of the QB?

This is as silly an argument as the people who blame Dak for Dallas being 10-12 his last 22 starts.
Not entirely based but let's pretend Kellen Moore didn't get hurt and he starts in 2016. Dak is sitting on the bench.

13-3 record? Let's not be silly, as you say. Moore's record would be 0-2 at best before it was his turn to sit on the bench.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Hmm you seem to pick and choose when to use "wins" or "stats". The rookie season stats which led to a 7-9 season. so not even a winning season, and Daks 2019 was better than this season in both stats and wins. And its not like Herbert came into a horrible team, the chargers have a good roster. So no try that nonsense somewhere else.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Chargers pose a few matchup issues, but I don’t get this doom and gloom idea that that the Cowboys will start 0-2. Chargers have a journeyman QB. This isn’t Brady on the opposing offense. We should be able to confuse him, rattle him and get some picks.

Chargers DL is stout but if our OL can’t give Dak a reasonable amount of time to throw the ball and open running lanes for Zeke, then we are paying them too much and need to upgrade.

If this team has improved overall, then this game should be a win, and I think it will be.

LOL - we ARE paying them too much and WE DO need to upgrade.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Funny stuff. Justin Herbert who had a legendary rookie season is a journeyman.

Cheers brah!

Rashawn Slater is going to look real good too.

I am happy with Parsons. But Rashawn Slater will look the part.