Cowboys win Division Potential Path

HungryLion

Reaction score
Our only hope is winning out and hoping they lose to SF and Sea

That Cardinals loss, like the jags loss last year, has come back to bite us
The good news is. I think the cowboys can win on the road against any team but the niners in the wildcard round.

The bad news is. They will have to play in San Fran or in Philly in the second round.

Sydla

Reaction score
The good news is. I think the cowboys can win on the road against any team but the niners in the wildcard round.

The bad news is. They will have to play in San Fran or in Philly in the second round.
Much rather play Philly in Philly than San Fran on the road in the 2nd round.

If we met the 49ers in the NFCCG, I'd feel a bit better because we'd have gotten a pretty large monkey off our back in terms of being able to get through the divisional round, something we haven't done in a bazillion years.

Motorola

Reaction score
Hanging your hopes on the Giants beating Philly is a tough place to be.
Especially at Lincoln Financial Field - on Xmas Day.

Giants on their bye this week; but return to play the following Monday night hosting the Packers, followed by back-to-back road games @ Saints, then @ Eagles.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We don't have to win out if the Eagles lose to the 49ers, us and the Seahawks. We can lose one specific game - Detroit.
Ok I didn’t know that even though I have no idea what to expect from the Seahawks…they should be fighting for a playoff berth at that point.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Much rather play Philly in Philly than San Fran on the road in the 2nd round.

If we met the 49ers in the NFCCG, I'd feel a bit better because we'd have gotten a pretty large monkey off our back in terms of being able to get through the divisional round, something we haven't done in a bazillion years.
I agree on both points.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ok I didn’t know that even though I have no idea what to expect from the Seahawks…they should be fighting for a playoff berth at that point.
Yeah people often forget after head to head and then divisional record, the next tiebreaker is common games (not conference record).

In a scenario where we both finish 13-4, our losses would be to Philly, Cards, Detroit and 49ers. The Eagles losses would be to the 49ers, us, Jets and Seahawks. They'd have three losses in common games, we'd only have 2............. we'd then win the tiebreaker over them. Detroit is meaningless in the sense it's not a common game. So if that's the only loss we have, then it's largely a meaningless loss assuming Philly drops the three games in a row here.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm starting to feel like Al Davis, because my mentality right now is "Just win baby!" While anything is still possible, at this very moment, things aren't slanting in Dallas' favor to win the division, so they just need to put on their big boy pants and go out and handle business. Prove to us you're everything you say you are. I know that's a tall task, given our history, but I really like to belive that one day this franchise is going to stand their ground and punch back.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Im going to go out on a limb and say we get the top WC spot ( assuming we win on Thursday) and end up facing the Eagles in Philly in the divisional.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah people often forget after head to head and then divisional record, the next tiebreaker is common games (not conference record).

In a scenario where we both finish 13-4, our losses would be to Philly, Cards, Detroit and 49ers. The Eagles losses would be to the 49ers, us, Jets and Seahawks. They'd have three losses in common games, we'd only have 2............. we'd then win the tiebreaker over them. Detroit is meaningless in the sense it's not a common game. So if that's the only loss we have, then it's largely a meaningless loss assuming Philly drops the three games in a row here.
Wow that’s interesting….thing really get interesting if they lose to the 9ers…..

Sydla

Reaction score
Wow that’s interesting….thing really get interesting if they lose to the 9ers…..
If they were to lose to us and the 49ers, they'd be looking at something they haven't faced in two years and having to make the long trip back across the country to Seattle for a late Sunday PM game. Now Seattle kinda stinks right now, especially on offense, but who knows under this scenario...........

Sydla

Reaction score
Im going to go out on a limb and say we get the top WC spot ( assuming we win on Thursday) and end up facing the Eagles in Philly in the divisional.
Seems most likely, especially if the 49ers can beat Philly Sunday.

Which I hope they do. I can't take another Eagles win, especially if it is like the last two where they have squeaked out wins with lucky breaks. The media up here is unbearable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If they were to lose to us and the 49ers, they'd be looking at something they haven't faced in two years and having to make the long trip back across the country to Seattle for a late Sunday PM game. Now Seattle kinda stinks right now, especially on offense, but who knows under this scenario...........
And Seahawks on the road too? Alright this doesn’t sound that crazy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Seems most likely, especially if the 49ers can beat Philly Sunday.

Which I hope they do. I can't take another Eagles win, especially if it is like the last two where they have squeaked out wins with lucky breaks. The media up here is unbearable.
It’s currently draining me….thes last two weeks have drained me I can’t take another W I mean a W is fine but to win with the opposing team being incompetent at crucial moments is annoying.