Cowboys win Division Potential Path

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Quite frankly, I think the odds of Dallas going undefeated and the Eagles lose at Seattle is more realistic.

Still highly unlikely.

Embrace the 5 seed. That Arizona loss was a killer.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Im going to go out on a limb and say we get the top WC spot ( assuming we win on Thursday) and end up facing the Eagles in Philly in the divisional.
But there’s one more scenario that is plausible:

if you’re the 5 seed then Seattle is the 6. Seattle then goes to Detroit in the Wildcard… where they already beat Detroit in Detroit this year. Then it’d play out identical to last year where Dallas wins their 5th seed game but another lesser seed wins too, Dallas ends up in SF… unless SF wins out and they’re the 1 seed, but then Seattle has to beat Detroit or Detroit is in Philly and you’re once again in SF.

Lots of different pieces have to fall just perfectly for Dallas to go to Philly in the divisional

rambo2

Reaction score
Everything seems plausible except Giants beating Eagles… I just have a hard time seeing that happening especially if Philly is still playing to win the division.
Anybody can beat the Eagles. See the Jets.

rambo2

Reaction score
Quite frankly, I think the odds of Dallas going undefeated and the Eagles lose at Seattle is more realistic.

Still highly unlikely.

Arizona could beat the Eagles.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

if you’re the 5 seed then Seattle is the 6. Seattle then goes to Detroit in the Wildcard… where they already beat Detroit in Detroit this year. Then it’d play out identical to last year where Dallas wins their 5th seed game but another lesser seed wins too, Dallas ends up in SF

Lots of different pieces have to fall just perfectly for Dallas to go to Philly in the divisional
I dont even think Seattle makes the playoffs.

@Dal
@SF
Vs PHI

The three wc teams may be the Cowboys, Packers, and Saints.

Sydla

Reaction score

Still highly unlikely.

Very unlikely but again, Dallas can lose one more game as long as it's only to Detroit.

Philly has to lose the next three. It's the only chance other than hoping for a meltdown by Philly at the end where they lose to the Giants or Cards.

Sydla

Reaction score
Anybody can beat the Eagles. See the Jets.
That Jets team, even without Rodgers, was much better than this current Giants team that has packed it in and is basically making reservations for vacations in January.

I am 99.999999% sure that if the #1 seed is on the line, Philly isn't losing to the Giants.

Sydla

Reaction score

if you’re the 5 seed then Seattle is the 6. Seattle then goes to Detroit in the Wildcard… where they already beat Detroit in Detroit this year. Then it’d play out identical to last year where Dallas wins their 5th seed game but another lesser seed wins too, Dallas ends up in SF… unless SF wins out and they’re the 1 seed, but then Seattle has to beat Detroit or Detroit is in Philly and you’re once again in SF.

Ummm, you don't need a lot of pieces to fall perfectly. If Philly is the 1 seed, all you need is for the higher seeds to win and Dallas goes to Philly.

That's not exactly needing a lot of pieces to "fall perfectly" for Dallas to play Philly in the divisional. Now if Philly was the #2 seed, yes, you'd need some things to fall perfectly for Dallas to get to play Philly in the divisional round.

rambo2

Reaction score
That Jets team, even without Rodgers, was much better than this current Giants team that has packed it in and is basically making reservations for vacations in January.

I am 99.999999% sure that if the #1 seed is on the line, Philly isn't losing to the Giants.
Depends on a lot of factors, especially injuries.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
It’s possible…I mean it’s the NFL. Having said that, the odds are better that it will snow in Dallas on the 4th of July than the e-girls losing to the nyg’s. So…yeah there’s a chance.
Or a better chance of snowing on Thanksgiving Day in 1993...

Sincerely,
Leon

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ummm, you don't need a lot of pieces to fall perfectly. If Philly is the 1 seed, all you need is for the higher seeds to win and Dallas goes to Philly.

That's not exactly needing a lot of pieces to "fall perfectly" for Dallas to play Philly in the divisional. Now if Philly was the #2 seed, yes, you'd need some things to fall perfectly for Dallas to get to play Philly in the divisional round.
But Philly getting the 1 seed still requires a number of things to happen, that’s part of what I mean. If SF beats us Sunday as most here expect, they’re almost certainly getting the 1 as Philly most likely isn’t winning out

Motorola

Reaction score
If they were to lose to us and the 49ers, they'd be looking at something they haven't faced in two years and having to make the long trip back across the country to Seattle for a late Sunday PM game. Now Seattle kinda stinks right now, especially on offense, but who knows under this scenario...........
However - the Seahawks will likely be coming off of a road defeat @ the 49ers (will have a week and half to prepare) lose 3 straight and be at 6-7.

Motorola

Reaction score
I dont even think Seattle makes the playoffs.

@Dal
@SF
Vs PHI

The three wc teams may be the Cowboys, Packers, and Saints.
Rams have a shot to get in the mix (5-6 along with Packers and Saints).
Vikings still in front of all three - although the way QB Dobbs played Monday night....that was ugly. MIN needs WR Jefferson back (out with hamstring since week 5).

Adreme

Reaction score
Go 6-1 rest of way. Loss cannot be to Commanders.

49ers beat Philly
Beat Philly
Giants Beat Philly

Cowboys win tiebreaker based on division record
Having seen the Giants play the Pats, I am not sure the Giants could beat a top 20 NFL team even on an off day. If the Cowboys and Eagles have the same record it is VERY likely the Eagles take the division. The only path to realistically winning the division is to have a better record which means the Eagles lose to 49ers, Cowboys, and Seahawks and then the Cowboys win out.

Sydla

Reaction score
Depends on a lot of factors, especially injuries.
You can think what you want but there is literally a better chance of Jerry Jones firing McCarthy and coaching the team himself over the next few weeks than of the Eagles losing to the Giants while fighting for the #1 seed.

The Eagles are 21-6 against the Giants since 2010. And 11-2 against them since 2017. It ain't happening.

stiletto

Reaction score
Division is over. We can look forward to playing the NFC South winner though in the first playoff game.