Cowboys win Division Potential Path

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The Eagles have to go to Seattle that could be a loss if Seattle starts to catch fire again. A turnover here or their an injury to major player who knows nothing is certain.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles have to go to Seattle that could be a loss if Seattle starts to catch fire again. A turnover here or their an injury to major player who knows nothing is certain.
But it would be largely meaningless if they beat the 49ers this weekend.

Because even if they beat the 49ers but lose to us and Seattle (and we win out), we'd both be 14-3 but we'd lose the conference tiebreaker. Dallas either has to finish a game clear of them or hope Philly loses to us and then 2 of the Cards, Seattle and 49ers games (and hope we don't lose to anyone other than Detroit).

It all really hinges on the 49ers game. Yeah, there are some really wild scenarios out there but in reality, the easiest path to win the division for us starts with them losing to the 49ers this weekend.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
But it would be largely meaningless if they beat the 49ers this weekend.

Because even if they beat the 49ers but lose to us and Seattle (and we win out), we'd both be 14-3 but we'd lose the conference tiebreaker. Dallas either has to finish a game clear of them or hope Philly loses to us and then 2 of the Cards, Seattle and 49ers games (and hope we don't lose to anyone other than Detroit).

It all really hinges on the 49ers game. Yeah, there are some really wild scenarios out there but in reality, the easiest path to win the division for us starts with them losing to the 49ers this weekend.
I was counting losses to us and 49ers.

JayFord

Reaction score
yeah i dont think we're winning it...

we probably land at #5 and play the falcons

silvernblu

Reaction score
Technically if we beat them and they lose to SF and Seattle, we could lose a game................... only the Detroit game........... and we could still win the division.

We'd have the same 13-4 record, same divisional record but we'd win out on common games as we only lost to the Cards and 49ers whereas they would have lost to the Jets, 49ers and Seattle.
Is it common games next or nfc record?

Edit: You are correct, common games is next. That opens more possibilities.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
I’m hoping they are the 5th so that they are playing instantly, Dallas doesn’t handle playoff byes well… and me living in Atlanta.. the falcants win the south and I’ll see you at the game!!! lol :D:D:D

Mactin

Reaction score
While winning the division would be great especially considering the boys record at home realistically, the Eagles are more like to get the division title with the way their playing. I think 49ers can defeats the Eagles when the games happens and the chances of us winning at home are high provided Dak plays like the way he did but better but I don't see them losing to NY. We can take solace in the fact that we have a wild card spot clinched if we can't get take top spot in the NFC East.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Cardinals game killed any chance this team had.
If Philly lost to the 49ers, us and the Seahawks, and we ended up tied because we lost to Buffalo or Miami, then we'd also be tied in losses to common opponents at three, which means it would come down to the fourth tiebreaker (strength of victory). Now, I don't think the Eagles will lose three in row, but I think there's a better chance of that happening than them falling to the Giants.

Of course, then the problem would be if the 49ers also finish with four losses they would get home field because of the head-to-head. We'd also need them to lose to Seattle and Baltimore.

JustChip

Reaction score
Go 6-1 rest of way. Loss cannot be to Commanders.

49ers beat Philly
Beat Philly
Giants Beat Philly

Cowboys win tiebreaker based on division record
Anutter scenario is the Cowboys go 6-1 with the loss to Detroit.

AND

Philly loses to the 49ers, Cowboys and Seattle or Arizona.

Head-to-Head and Division records even, but Common Opponent losses are 2 for Dallas ( Arizona, 49ers) and 3 for Philly (Jets, 49ers, Arizona).

Common Opponents come before Conference record because teams don’t play the same schedule. The whole 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place thang.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Technically if we beat them and they lose to SF and Seattle, we could lose a game................... only the Detroit game........... and we could still win the division.

We'd have the same 13-4 record, same divisional record but we'd win out on common games as we only lost to the Cards and 49ers whereas they would have lost to the Jets, 49ers and Seattle.
Nice

GMO415

Reaction score
Go 6-1 rest of way. Loss cannot be to Commanders.

49ers beat Philly
Beat Philly
Giants Beat Philly

Cowboys win tiebreaker based on division record
giphy.gif

Blackrain

Reaction score
Everything seems plausible except Giants beating Eagles… I just have a hard time seeing that happening especially if Philly is still playing to win the division.
Yeah I expect to see that happen right around the time they bring back leaded high octane gas and 8-track tape decks

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Regardless of seeding, what I want to see is this: I want them to be playing their best football, firing on all cylinders, take away the “they can’t beat winning teams” talking points, before the playoffs. The worst thing that can happen is they back into the playoffs because the difference between the top tier and the rest of the NFC is so huge. The teams that get hot (and healthy) at the right time are the ones who win it all. No one cares who they beat or lost to throughout the year.

Proof

Reaction score
Everything seems plausible except Giants beating Eagles… I just have a hard time seeing that happening especially if Philly is still playing to win the division.
I would two Tommy Devito jerseys. One to wear every single day, and one to frame in my living room