Cowboys win over Washington 3rd most watched regular season game ever

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
So glad all these people tuned in to see Stats Prescott do his thing against another crappy team

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I am sorry you had a rotten Thanksgiving.
Rotten? Stats put on a great show yesterday. But it's too bad he won't be able to repeat the performance against a team like the 9ers

Mark

Reaction score
How? Why?

Outside of Cowboys fans, I really can't see anyone being interested in that game, not even Washington fans.
Seriously? Yesterday wasn't some random Sunday in September.

Football and the Dallas Cowboys are inextricably-woven into the fabric of the American Thanksgiving holiday. What else would be on the TV with everybody indoors eating & drinking?

And, then there was the well-publicized halftime appearance of Dolly Parton, almost universally loved in the heartland. Something which certainly boosted ratings even among households not otherwise inclined to pay attention to a football game.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It’s Dolly and the Twins effect…….big ups!
giphy.gif

Motorola

Reaction score

How? Why?

Outside of Cowboys fans, I really can't see anyone being interested in that game, not even Washington fans.
CBS Sports putting out numbers on a game they broadcasted.
Would like for a couple of independent TV ratings entities \ services to provide information to back up their findings.
And I post this to be researched for the other sports networks that lay to claim to a record viewership for their sports broadcasts.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Seriously? Yesterday wasn't some random Sunday in September.

Football and the Dallas Cowboys are inextricably-woven into the fabric of the American Thanksgiving holiday. What else would be on the TV with everybody indoors eating & drinking?

And, then there was the well-publicized halftime appearance of Dolly Parton, almost universally loved in the heartland. Something which certainly boosted ratings even among households not otherwise inclined to pay attention to a football game.
Good point on Dolly. I'm not sure that yesterday's Thanksgiving game should be the third-most-watched compared to some of our past Thanksgiving games, though. It isn't like we're comparing it only to other teams' games. It was the third-most-watched ever, even with lowly Washington playing.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Cowboys and Washington on Thanksgiving feels like a traditional holiday rivalry. At least to me.