Cowboys win over Washington 3rd most watched regular season game ever

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
"If" the league were to actually try to control the outcomes of games, it would benefit them for Dallas to remain competitive, but not go deep into the playoffs, because Dallas is always going to have a legion paying fans, whether they have postseason success or not.
Not sure about that. The most viewed games seem to come when Dallas is playing well. I would think that could really pay off in a return to the Super Bowl. Big viewing numbers mean bigger TV contracts for the league, which means more money for the owners. It's in the league's best interest monetarily to push its most popular teams to the top.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It makes sense to me. The Cowboys may have the largest fan base, they are also the most hated... the haters far exceed the fans so, many more tune in to see us lose than to see us win.
Yeah, but against Washington? Don't think anyone realistically expected us to lose that one. I'd understand if it was someone like San Francisco.

Jstopper

Reaction score
So glad all these people tuned in to see Stats Prescott do his thing against another crappy team
I’m sorry you had a bad thanksgiving. Keep watching maybe 1 of these games Dak will give you the loss that you’re pathetically begging for :laugh:

Fmart322

Reaction score
Yes because it's a working day compared to a holiday. Compared to the American habit of watching football on Thanksgiving with their family while they toss the football around in their backyard.

The large Hispanic population of Cowboys fans who are now Thanksgiving consumers. Dolly Parton fans from the 70s and 80s. The fact that there are more Cowboys fans than Chiefs fans (who are the equivalent of Warrior fans for the NBA while most of the country are 90s Bulls all the way). And additionally way more than Eagles fans.

All those factors add up.
I just wanted to know if it was higher than the chiefs/eagles game. Earlier in the week it was said that that game was the highest rated game all season so far.
Trust me, I get why it was higher. Thanksgiving, everyone's off work for the most part. Still thought, that's impressive.
I was just asking because I didn't havevthe time to look it up.
Thanks for helping me out.